Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:06 AM

3,322 posts, read 8,003,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Maybe you carry your baggage from relationship to relationship, but grown-ups check it at the door.

Jeez, there are so many people on this forum who love lying. Its literally not possible to love someone and not get baggage when it doesn't work out. It didn't work out for a reason. Whether its your fault or not, it hurt. You will definitely do things different the second time around, right? Thats baggage right there. You can sugar coat it by saying, its "experience" all damn day but its still baggage.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:15 AM

39,498 posts, read 27,851,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Jeez, there are so many people on this forum who love lying. Its literally not possible to love someone and not get baggage when it doesn't work out. It didn't work out for a reason. Whether its your fault or not, it hurt. You will definitely do things different the second time around, right? Thats baggage right there. You can sugar coat it by saying, its "experience" all damn day but its still baggage.
Please calm down friend.

Baggage, experience, what is the difference? There are lot of people learn from their experience/baggage (whatever you like to call it) there are a lot of people let those "baggage/experience" define their whole life.

There are a lot of women and men are the walking wounded. They have been hurt by people in the past and carry that psychological damage and unresolved pain and anger into the future relationships. But not everybody is like that though.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:17 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,497,761 times
Quote:
sorry, i have no baggage from any of the 5 LTR i had up until i met my wife. none of them ended negatively and things where not left to emotional rampages...there is literally nothing to hold over from them other then life experience and good times.

i think this baggage you are trying to talk about is implied that every relationship is ending in some form of disaster. which is not the case at all....just your experience

Last edited by rego00123; 08-29-2013 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: auto correct is not being very "correct" today

Old 08-29-2013, 11:17 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,117,431 times
Quote:
Experience is NOT baggage. Baggage is all the stuff that hinders you from moving forward in a healthy manner, stuff that stunts your progress and development if you choose not to deal with it.

The fact that I have an ex-husband is not baggage. The fact that he's a cheating arse, so now I have trust issues (I don't actually) with every man I meet because of my ex, that's baggage.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:18 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,258,735 times
Some baggage weighs much heavier than others....

Old 08-29-2013, 11:21 AM

3,322 posts, read 8,003,164 times
LOL. I'm done posting in this thread. Too many people refusing to be honest. Carry on.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,497,761 times
Quote:
LOL. I'm done posting in this thread. Too many people refusing to be honest. Carry on.

bye bye

Old 08-30-2013, 01:16 PM

878 posts, read 945,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman2012 View Post
I know how semen is spelled but I don't like to spell it like S-E-M-E-N that is why I spell it S-E-A-M-E-N!

So, you LIKE misspelling words. Thanks for confirming that.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:19 PM

878 posts, read 945,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Spoken like a young person who doesn't even know any divorced women. Trust me, not all of us have baggage. However, we wouldn't condescend to date naive and presumptuous people who make sweeping generalizations, either, so it's win-win!
I'm 59 and I'd never date anyone who was ever involved with raising children. So take that age thing and stow it. Sure, it limits the field, but who wants to wade in a mosquito-filled swamp without insect repellent?

Old 08-30-2013, 01:23 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,242,573 times
Quote:
Jeez, there are so many people on this forum who love lying. Its literally not possible to love someone and not get baggage when it doesn't work out. It didn't work out for a reason. Whether its your fault or not, it hurt.
People heal from hurt.

Quote:
You will definitely do things different the second time around, right? Thats baggage right there. You can sugar coat it by saying, its "experience" all damn day but its still baggage.
Well baggage strikes as unhealthy. If you healed, grew and learned, what you have is experience not baggage, in my view. If you remain hurt, insecure or weird, that is baggage. Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships