Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:26 AM

116 posts, read 144,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yes but sex wasn't involved. It's semen btw a seaman is someone who is in the navy and an E-3
I know what a seaman is but what I am talking about is seamen or the fertilizer for the woman's egg. If the a husband is shooting blanks but they want a child, the only three ways to have a child is, 1. artificial insemination, 2. adoption, 3. have someone else lay the pipes.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:18 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Fine, be happy, whatever. Kids aren't my thing, end of discussion.
Very mature response as always

Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,770,338 times
A real woman doesn't have children with a man who won't take care of them. And vice versa.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:11 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,776,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
A real woman doesn't have children with a man who won't take care of them. And vice versa.
A "real woman" chooses not to have kids of her own, and instead raises the children of another woman.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:20 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,580,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCatarre View Post
I would never raise someone else's kids. Not my problem.
Foster kids, orphans, kids needing adoption, abandoned dogs etc are also no individual's problem in particular, just society's. But there are people out there who will raise them. Those people tend not to see the situation as problem vs. non-problem. That's essentially irrelevant. Some blind dude wanting to cross the street isn't your problem either, right?
If you have problems supporting yourself, then I can see the problem/non-problem dichotomy as being real. But if that's not the case, it seems to me its either 1) just plain narcissism (kids have to have your genes, look like you, be some ego-lifting extension of you etc.), or 2) an indication that one doesn't really want kids period (which is fine, if you don't want kids you certainly shouldn't have them).

Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,223,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
what i think makes some men uncomfortable -- or sick to the stomach -- is a different and more specific situation. It is being young, in your reproductive prime, having NO children, and then using your limited resources helping a single mom raise a kid that was conceived on account of her promiscuity. It is a very specific pattern of behavior that men are so vocal about -- we don't want to be used in this way, and if you don't understand that, you are incapable of understanding the male experience.
No, that is not the context here. It was a general statement, made in a general way.

As for your comments about promiscuity, that, too, is irrelevant. Your judgment calls on the nature of the conception are absolutely ridiculous. If you love a woman who has a child, it's not going to matter how the kid was conceived--former marriage, former LTR, one-night stand, rape--because an adult knows that the child had nothing to do with it. An adult who chooses to be part of a blended family does not ignore the child or treat the child poorly, regardless of the manner of conception. To do so would just be some serious douchebaggery right there, and would probably get the man dumped, regardless, because no mother worth her salt would allow a man to treat her child that way.

As I said earlier, if you don't want to be part of a blended family, then don't be. Don't date women with kids. That's your choice, as it is my choice not to date men with kids. But you don't see me getting up here blathering on about others who do. Therefore, my comment stands for anyone who thinks it's his place to cast judgment on those who make different choices: STHU.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, that is not the context here.
In other words, you're going to stick your fingers in your ears to ensure that you remain blissfully ignorant of the nuances. Gotcha.

Quote:
If you love a woman who has a child, it's not going to matter how the kid was conceived--former marriage, former LTR, one-night stand, rape--because an adult knows that the child had nothing to do with it.
Ridiculous. Nobody is blaming the child. Keep those strawmen coming.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:22 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,223,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
In other words, you're going to stick your fingers in your ears to ensure that you remain blissfully ignorant of the nuances. Gotcha.
Did you even READ the OP?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Did you even READ the OP?
Yes. It was ambiguous, and you are filling in the unknowns with all kinds of assumptions.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:18 PM

878 posts, read 943,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman2012 View Post
I know what a seaman is but what I am talking about is seamen or the fertilizer for the woman's egg. If the a husband is shooting blanks but they want a child, the only three ways to have a child is, 1. artificial insemination, 2. adoption, 3. have someone else lay the pipes.
It's spelled "semen." <shakeshead />
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.