Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 AM

368 posts, read 577,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Cause that's like 90% of women.
90% of 6+ billion people, yeah short guy's options are really limited..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,599,026 times
If women didn't like, weren't attracted to, or didn't date/marry short guys, then the world's population would be much lower than it currently is.

Women (and men) are far more likely to not like broken records. They say and whine the same thing, over and over and over again. Understandably, that eventually gets boring and annoying.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:40 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
My guess is because they look at women as human beings and do not let themselves get intimidated. My favorite ex-boss and mentor is 5'5", has been happily married for many, many years, and has a ton of female friends. The man just likes women as people, so they like him.

And not for nothing, but some tall guys like to throw their height around to intimidate people. It's not that they pick fights or anything, but that they use their size to block people's way, tower over people too closely, or make someone feel penned in. A tall man can be threatening to a woman if he doesn't handle his height well.
Quite a few women will say that they feel safer with a shorter man. And shorter men, well, let's just say that even if they don't dance well, it's not as noticeable or disastrous as when a tall man is out there flailing his limbs around, and a lot of women love to dance.

And not for nothing, but a smart short man, like any other smart man with some kind of "disadvantage," learns how to develop other parts of himself to appeal to women--his sense of humor, intelligence, conversational skills, and yes, dance moves.
Re: bolded. I think that is the first time I have ever heard a woman acknowledge this. A lot of guys, and many women are not even aware of this.
I love social experiennts. I had a friend way back that dressed up as a guy for halloween. She was 5'4" ish. She was floored at how many guys bumped into her and was rude to her. She realized how out of control some guys can be towards shorter guys.

I can't even give a number of online profiles I read from women stating "ISO attractive tall man". Some sites offer ISO: (and MANY woman request) 5'8" or higher. I have noticed lately women around 5'2" seeking men 5'10" or taller. Its like they want a full time body gaurd....

This forum pretends that there isnt a bit of a social stigma towards shorter guys. There is. Just admit it.

At the end of the day guys, women will reject you for any billion reasons. Some guys just don't struggle to date, and some do struggle. If you struggle, get used to it, and be the best You, that you can be. And find happiness outside of companionship, cuase if you define yourself by being in a relationship, chances are you will spend a lot of time miserable while single. And life is too short.

Just accept being single. and enjoy the times you aren't, cause most likely, the relationship wont last anyway.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
This forum pretends that there isnt a bit of a social stigma towards shorter guys. There is. Just admit it.
I don't know that anyone pretends that short men have it easy, but there's a stigma against a lot of things, and many people have challenges to dating. A man being short isn't the death sentence that many of these guys make it out to be.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:

At the end of the day guys, women will reject you for any billion reasons. Some guys just don't struggle to date, and some do struggle. If you struggle, get used to it, and be the best You, that you can be. And find happiness outside of companionship, cuase if you define yourself by being in a relationship, chances are you will spend a lot of time miserable while single. And life is too short.

Just accept being single. and enjoy the times you aren't, cause most likely, the relationship wont last anyway.
No one's pretending anything. What women here are saying is that plenty of short guys overcome whatever perceived stigma there is, and they overcome that in flying colors. So if they can do it, any short guy should be able to do it. What we're saying, is "be the best You that you can be, and they will come". Women will find you.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No one's pretending anything. What women here are saying is that plenty of short guys overcome whatever perceived stigma there is, and they overcome that in flying colors. So if they can do it, any short guy should be able to do it. What we're saying, is "be the best You that you can be, and they will come". Women will find you.
I agree with your post, except the bolded.
Women will NOT find you.
Very very few women pursue and find men. And the women that do this don't chase guys that struggle to date. Theres a reason a guy struggles. Physical, mental, emotional, any combination of factors. And women chase the hot, successful guys.

So guys, if you struggle, put on your social outfit, make friends, and have fun and comfortable alone. And when you do hit it off with a woman, don't be a jack*** with standards, and reject her cause she isn hot enough or whatever. Better take what you can get, as long as she isnt abusive.
I bet a lot of guys that struggle dating struggle cause they want the hot woman. But average looking guys dont typically get beautiful women to date them.

Hate to say it, cause I'm part of this group: Beggars can't be choosers.

The honest truth is this forum is full of all walks of life. and some people on this forum define dating struggles and relationship struggles COMPLETELY different.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:15 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Women will NOT find you.
Very very few women pursue and find men. And the women that do this don't chase guys that struggle to date. Theres a reason a guy struggles. Physical, mental, emotional, any combination of factors. And women chase the hot, successful guys.
Being the best You you can be means being confident in yourself. Women are drawn to confidence (men are also drawn to confident women, not so much to shy, mousy women). If you're comfortable with yourself (that's the kind of confidence I mean), enjoy women's company, and enjoy life or have an interesting hobby or career, i.e. have some basis for stimulating conversation, women will be drawn to you no matter what your height. I've seen it time and time again. Really short guys with women revolving around them.

There may be a stigma to being short for some people, but there's also a cachet to being short. Find that cachet zone, and work it!

Old 08-22-2013, 01:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Women will NOT find you.

So guys, if you struggle, put on your social outfit, make friends, and have fun and comfortable alone. And when you do hit it off with a woman, don't be a jack*** with standards, and reject her cause she isn hot enough or whatever. Better take what you can get, as long as she isnt abusive.
I bet a lot of guys that struggle dating struggle cause they want the hot woman. But average looking guys dont typically get beautiful women to date them.

Hate to say it, cause I'm part of this group: Beggars can't be choosers.

The honest truth is this forum is full of all walks of life. and some people on this forum define dating struggles and relationship struggles COMPLETELY different.
Yeah...not really. The last guy I 'chased' told me he'd been single for almost 5 years and women just weren't into him...he was also around 5'9 (I'm 6'1) and when I asked him out to dinner and a movie he told me he just wasn't into me that way. So please, spare me the complaints about women only chasing the 'hot dudes'. I can guarantee that most of these forever alone types had a short obese woman hit on them they'd politely decline then go on complaining.

As for the OP, I'm 6'1 and the guy I'm dating is around 6'3 or so. Tallest guy I dated was 7'1 and I barely made it through the first date because he was such a tool, shortest guy was 5'4 but that didn't last because he was a player and wanted new tail more than a relationship.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:33 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,812 times
I am 5 6. My partner is 6 0.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah...not really. The last guy I 'chased' told me he'd been single for almost 5 years and women just weren't into him...he was also around 5'9 (I'm 6'1) and when I asked him out to dinner and a movie he told me he just wasn't into me that way. So please, spare me the complaints about women only chasing the 'hot dudes'. I can guarantee that most of these forever alone types had a short obese woman hit on them they'd politely decline then go on complaining.

As for the OP, I'm 6'1 and the guy I'm dating is around 6'3 or so. Tallest guy I dated was 7'1 and I barely made it through the first date because he was such a tool, shortest guy was 5'4 but that didn't last because he was a player and wanted new tail more than a relationship.
Obviously the last guy you chased has mental or emotional issues.If he hasnt had interest from a woman for 5 years, and you ask him out, and he declines, he has problems. No healthy male would turn down a date if he hadnt had interest for 5 years. He did you a favor by declining, as he wouldnt be someone worth dating anyway.

So I will rephrase, most of the time the hot guys get chased.
But in that scenario, you win. You tried, and he failed. On to the next. And he is a total idiot, and deserves his misery.

And FWIW, I have been chased a couple times, and I am far from hot. But each time was by a friend.
But, I would be willing to bet you knew the guy somewhat as a friend or co-worker before asking him out. I doubt it was a cold approach and you asked him out during the first convo. If I am wrong, I applaud you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships