Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 02:09 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,399,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
What did I tell you? I knew there was gonna be one of those, "Doesn't apply to me" responses from a chick. I could have set my watch to it.

By the way, there are entrees at fast food joints like Subway and Taco Bell that aren't deep-fried or swimming in cheese. There are many grocery stores that have deli foods with good selection too.
I know where to get food, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 02:13 PM

348 posts, read 500,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Now, I know the title belongs in the food forum but this really is more of a relationship topic.

Just about every girl I've dated hates fast food. However, they love going out to eat at restaurants. To me, the taste/quality of food difference isn't THAT extreme. I suggest fast food, they get disguted and insulted. Then they suggest a $15 meal and think its healthier.

I don't mind spending some cash every once in a while for a meal but every time...thats just not happening. I've figured out the few ones the girl I'm dating likes and stick with those.

Is it because I usually pay for the entire bill? Do women eat fast food with their friends and whatnot but expect more with their man?

Considering I usually pay for the entire bill, I get insulted when everytime we eat out...she wants a restaurant. I can get 3-4 fast food meals for the two of us with one restaurant meal.

Now, this isn't the first...second...or even third date. I know better than that. This is for longer term dating.

Any other dudes with this issue?
Yummy Big Macs

Old 08-26-2013, 02:21 PM

211 posts, read 374,097 times
Quote:
Now, I know the title belongs in the food forum but this really is more of a relationship topic.

Just about every girl I've dated hates fast food. However, they love going out to eat at restaurants. To me, the taste/quality of food difference isn't THAT extreme. I suggest fast food, they get disguted and insulted. Then they suggest a $15 meal and think its healthier.

I don't mind spending some cash every once in a while for a meal but every time...thats just not happening. I've figured out the few ones the girl I'm dating likes and stick with those.

Is it because I usually pay for the entire bill? Do women eat fast food with their friends and whatnot but expect more with their man?

Considering I usually pay for the entire bill, I get insulted when everytime we eat out...she wants a restaurant. I can get 3-4 fast food meals for the two of us with one restaurant meal.

Now, this isn't the first...second...or even third date. I know better than that. This is for longer term dating.

You should stick to plus size women. That seems to be your type

Old 08-26-2013, 02:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,420,172 times
Quote:

Fast food is beyond disgusting and a serious threat to your overall health.
My husband and I only eat fast food if there is no other choice available when we are traveling, it is late and we are hungry. Otherwise we at minimum try to find a truck stop with a regular restaurant attached to it.

The girls need to start paying part of the time or learn to accept fast food part of the time or someone needs to learn how to cook real food at home OR you just need to move on to a girl who does not have $15.00 taste buds.
Which by the way is cheap compared to what my husband and I spend when we dine out, but we are older and we eat well all the time whether we cook at home or dine out.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:30 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,861,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, tell me about it on the salads, here the resturanats have to put the calorie counts on the menu's now, so seeing some of the huge numbers sitting next to the word "salad" was rather eye opening, to say the least.

I eat salads a lot but I know what and how to order them, like you said, sometimes you'd be better off eating a cheeseburger.
Exactly. I actually enjoy a good salad, but I specifically know people that say "well, I really want the XXXXX (something fatty/sugary/high carb) but I think I'll just get a salad because I need to lose XXX more pounds"...then the salad they order is 1390 calories.

Less common now w/the calorie counts on menus.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,399,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Exactly. I actually enjoy a good salad, but I specifically know people that say "well, I really want the XXXXX (something fatty/sugary/high carb) but I think I'll just get a salad because I need to lose XXX more pounds"...then the salad they order is 1390 calories.

Less common now w/the calorie counts on menus.
This is because so many salads come drowning in cheese, croutons, nuts, dried fruits, fried chicken strips, etc. I find the closest thing to healthy on the menu, then I ask for the salad MINUS those fatty ingredients and request the dressing on the side. Basically it comes out as leaves, raw sliced veggies, and MAYBE grilled fish or a grilled portobello cap on top.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:48 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,378,941 times
Quote:

I really don't know what to tell you. I eat a lot more fast food than I want to admit. I can see why a woman would not want to go to a fast food joint and would prefer a restaurant, it probably screams "cheap" to a woman.

Also, restaurants are healthier in general. However, there are a lot of health food items in fast food restaurants. Still, if I was taking a woman out on a date, I would put in a little more effort than a fast food restaurant.

This is not to put you down or anything. I see what you are saying.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:53 PM

52,417 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This is because so many salads come drowning in cheese, croutons, nuts, dried fruits, fried chicken strips, etc. I find the closest thing to healthy on the menu, then I ask for the salad MINUS those fatty ingredients and request the dressing on the side. Basically it comes out as leaves, raw sliced veggies, and MAYBE grilled fish or a grilled portobello cap on top.
Not to hijack the thread too much but you should be sure to put a protein in the salad, that is where some many people makes eating mistakes, not getting enough fats and proteins, people focus too much on fat in the diets and end up eating way way to many carbs, and a lot of times eating the fast acting or highly processed carbs which are the ones to watch.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:55 PM

11,832 posts, read 12,097,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunnar View Post
I eat fast food occasionally, but I can get that any time. When I'm dating someone and he takes me out, I like to go to places I don't go to often.

Plus I dunno. Having a date in the Burger King dining room just feels kinda .. trashy.
That's what I was thinking...it's not the price of the food but the ambiance, the screaming kids in the play place, etc. I've never been taken on a date to a fast food place, and prefer to only eat fast food as a last resort when we're out of options. I mostly refer to it as toxic waste.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,757,698 times
Fast food is digesting, and filled with all kinds of fillers and preservatives and other things I choose to not ingest. The ambiance at most fast food places is also pretty lousy - uncomfortable plastic seats, the noise from the kiddie playground, not always clean, etc. Plus, fast food gives a lot of us gas/indigestion/diarrhea.

If you're dating a woman who never offers to pay, and you're tired of paying for decent restaurant meals, time to get creative -- picnics, etc. There's probably some healthier options out there that skirt the line between fast food and a 'real' restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships