Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,824,752 times

Advertisements

I was cleaning my storage and found a magazine from 1983. In the back were personal ads. One of the women who placed an ad said something that put me in a state of total awe. "must not have tattoos". I had to look back at that over and over in amazement, it was like traveling to another dimension.

Of course in 1983 hardly anyone had tattoos except the scariest elements of society. Still it was refreshing to see this because in this era it seems the majority of online ads from women say either how they find guys with tattoos to be sexy, how they love tattoos, or how they are covered in tattoos themselves. I have never once (except for this 1983 ad) seen a woman say she doesn't like tattoos. There is not a diversity of thoughts on this subject, it's all one sided and everyone thinks exactly the same.

So I would like to know is there even one woman left who is turned off by tattoos, considers them a dealbreaker etc. If you think tattoos are hot reply if you wish but I have seen your thoughts expressed millions of times, they are as typical as can be. I would be much more interested in hearing from women whodon't like them, consider them a turn off etc...if such a woman exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 09:37 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
I'm not a big fan of them.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:53 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I was cleaning my storage and found a magazine from 1983. In the back were personal ads. One of the women who placed an ad said something that put me in a state of total awe. "must not have tattoos". I had to look back at that over and over in amazement, it was like traveling to another dimension.

Of course in 1983 hardly anyone had tattoos except the scariest elements of society. Still it was refreshing to see this because in this era it seems the majority of online ads from women say either how they find guys with tattoos to be sexy, how they love tattoos, or how they are covered in tattoos themselves. I have never once (except for this 1983 ad) seen a woman say she doesn't like tattoos. There is not a diversity of thoughts on this subject, it's all one sided and everyone thinks exactly the same.

So I would like to know is there even one woman left who is turned off by tattoos, considers them a dealbreaker etc. If you think tattoos are hot reply if you wish but I have seen your thoughts expressed millions of times, they are as typical as can be. I would be much more interested in hearing from women whodon't like them, consider them a turn off etc...if such a woman exists.
Believe me, there are a LOT of women that dislike tats. LOTS. I think they are okay...as long as they are not a bunch of them...no sleeves, no big back tats...covering the legs. When they get that big, they are just ugly. Sort of defacing the beautiful bod.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
I don't mind some. But covered? Ah no thanks.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:

I don't find guys with tattoos particularly sexy. But I don't mind one or two small ones. Probably not a deal breaker for me.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:

I am currently married, but when I was single, I don't believe that I have *ever* dated a man with a tattoo. I really do not like them at all, and it would probably be a deal breaker for me.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 PM

105 posts, read 284,034 times
I get very excited when a man tells me has none. When he mentions he has them, I get a bit disappointed, but if they are small I will still date him. If he's covered or has large ones its a turn off.

IMO its kinda like putting bumper stickers all over a Lambo or something. I just think people look better without.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:20 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunnar View Post
I get very excited when a man tells me has none. When he mentions he has them, I get a bit disappointed, but if they are small I will still date him. If he's covered or has large ones its a turn off.

IMO its kinda like putting bumper stickers all over a Lambo or something. I just think people look better without.
A Lambo? Most people aren't high end sports cars....it's more like putting a sticker on a 1983 Carolla.

Regardless, I do have a full sleeve but I've never actually dated anyone who was heavily tattooed. In fact, I can only think of 2 guys I went out with who even had any at all... the guy I'm currently seeing has none but has thrown around the idea of getting one on his shoulder, but he's got a huge phobia of needles so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

It doesn't matter to me if a guy has tattoos or not, but if he does have tattoos they have to be professionally done and not be obcene. None of this scratcher/prison ink or pictures of weed leaves and whatnot.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:32 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It doesn't matter to me if a guy has tattoos or not, but if he does have tattoos they have to be professionally done and not be obcene. None of this scratcher/prison ink or pictures of weed leaves and whatnot.
Yeah, I think that would make the difference for me too--whether they're done well. I don't care much for them but if I was turned off by every man with a tattoo, I'd be pretty much living alone the rest of my life. I think where I would draw the line is if he had so many that he couldn't get a decent job b/c of them.

I did have to laugh about 1983 though--yeah they were considered the culture of bikers and sailors and guys just out of prison in those days. Or Uncle Rusty who went around the house in "wifebeaters" and drank beer all day on Sunday and went to his factory job the rest of the week. Things do change, but I remember 1983 well enough that I've never been tempted to get a tattoo and yet I do not in any way look down on people who have even a lot of them and it would be bad if I did b/c both of my daughters have them. My ex went out and got one shortly after leaving me, so I'm the odd duck out here.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:58 AM

808 posts, read 1,879,185 times
Tattoos are hot, BUT it needs to be a good design and you need to have the body and the fashion to go with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships