Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,887 times

Advertisements

The other tattoo thread reminded of something I'd been thinking for a while. Men, what do you really think of women with tattoes?

I heard of a friend of a friend getting a lower-back tattoo just the other day and I was a bit suprised to hear it as I honestly thought they were played out and somewhat tacky since they are referred to as "tramp stamps" now.

But I may be just getting old. So what do they men think of 'tatted' women? Sexy? Not? Are you sick of them yet?

Last edited by cricket_factor; 02-21-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
I`m not a man....sorry, but tattoes on women are skanky lookin`.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Yeah, not to talk down about women that have them but I'm seriously not a fan. I find them completely tacky and ghetto looking.

My hope is to reach my elder years and have nothing but clear, healthy, unblemished skin.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:24 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,351 times
Hawt especially if they are covered in them like full sleeves or the entire body..

Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,242,623 times
Girls with tattos are good looking.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:27 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Yeah, not to talk down about women that have them but I'm seriously not a fan. I find them completely tacky and ghetto looking.

My hope is to reach my elder years and have nothing but clear, healthy, unblemished skin.
My only thought is what is granny gonna do with a tramp stamp.

"Yeah, I used to knock 'em down with this shyt right here."

Old 06-13-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

LOL!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:32 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I realize many have been taken in by the BS pop culture of them. That said:

I still think even the best ones are like giving your 4yr old crayola markers for the walls in your house.

"Art" on a unique living creature? Redundant at best.

But people go with what gets them laid. This in the minds of many is something that helps that end in attracting a mate. It's seen as rebellious and unique, even though most every guy gets some stupid ivy circle thing around their upper arm, or the usual woman gets the "tribal" tattoo that looks like some funky wing just above her butt.

Yeah, that's "unique" all right.

I have plenty of minor scars and such to know I don't need to cover myself in ink to be tough looking. It's almost impossible to date a woman that doesn't have one somewhere anymore. Which is fine, but yeah, it's dumb, doesn't mean smart people don't do stupid sh*t.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:33 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times
Okay, I already said this but, a friend of mine has "Semper Fi" and the name of his brother who was killed in Iraq on his arm... How the F^^* is that a "tramp stamp"?!

This is 2009 people, not 1952. Everyone and there grandmother has a tattoo and I don't think there is really any stigma attached to it anymore, accept maybe by a handful of right-wing, bible thumping Bush voters.

Also, it depends on the tattoo...a rose? Cheesy. A ugly monster or a skull? Stupid. Something religiou? Cool. Something from Mythology? Even cooler!

As long as it has meaning and actually looks like something one would want to have for the rest of their lives on their skin, I would be down with it.

No...a "tramp stamp" for me would be high heels, too much make up, and an all around obsession with appearance. A woman in a t-shirt, jeans and no make up with a tattoo is a heck of a lot less "tramp stamped" then a woman in heels, make up, and a short skirt.

Does this look like a "tramp stamp" to you?

Old 06-13-2009, 10:34 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

ROFLMAO!

The thing that I respect the most is the elderly that always keep their youthful spirit and have no regrets. To say sh*t like I don't want to get a tattoo because I don't want be old and wrinkly blah blah blah. You may not even live to be old and wrinkly who knows. Have fun,don't be afraid, if you want to do something do it and stop being a damn prude you only have one life to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships