Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:34 PM

37,707 posts, read 46,130,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Girls with tattos are good looking.
Eye of the beholder and all...

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm235/chesapeakemom/tattooedwomen3.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 10:37 PM

9,904 posts, read 13,914,428 times
No offense but we did this already and it was pretty nasty last time.

It's entirely the individuals choice to get a tattoo. What it looks like now or in 50 years is irrelevent to me and I don't attribute heinous personality or character flaws to those people, male or female who have them.

Some of the work I've seen is really amazing and personal stuff and I think power to the woman (and men) that make the decision to do it.

As far as I'm concerned body art and tattoos trump society's obsession with fantastic plastic and "air brushed" perfection.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:37 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,990,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

What is that on this woman's arm? Is that a...

This eye does not mind beholding Angelina Jolie, tattoo and all.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:39 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,360,389 times
Chicks with tats are hot. Nuff said (right Amanda?)

16,224 posts, read 25,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Okay, I already said this but, a friend of mine has "Semper Fi" and the name of his brother who was killed in Iraq on his arm... How the F^^* is that a "tramp stamp"?!

This is 2009 people, not 1952. Everyone and there grandmother has a tattoo and I don't think there is really any stigma attached to it anymore, accept maybe by a handful of right-wing, bible thumping Bush voters.

Also, it depends on the tattoo...a rose? Cheesy. A ugly monster or a skull? Stupid. Something religiou? Cool. Something from Mythology? Even cooler!

As long as it has meaning and actually looks like something one would want to have for the rest of their lives on their skin, I would be down with it.

No...a "tramp stamp" for me would be high heels, too much make up, and an all around obsession with appearance. A woman in a t-shirt, jeans and no make up with a tattoo is a heck of a lot less "tramp stamped" then a woman in heels, make up, and a short skirt.

Does this look like a "tramp stamp" to you?
"Tramp stamp"...no. Big and ugly looking, yes!

3,879 posts, read 8,392,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Ok, nuff said. Didn't mean to start a nasty debate.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:40 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,516,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
She is muy caliente

This thread needs more pics

Old 06-13-2009, 10:40 PM

37,707 posts, read 46,130,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
What is that on this woman's arm? Is that a...

This eye does not mind beholding Angelina Jolie, tattoo and all.
Yep...and I was responding to context of another post..which you obviously did NOT read.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post

It's entirely the individuals choice to get a tattoo. What it looks like now or in 50 years is irrelevent to me and I don't attribute heinous personality or character flaws to those people, male or female who have them.

Some of the work I've seen is really amazing and personal stuff and I think power to the woman (and men) that make the decision to do it.

As far as I'm concerned body art and tattoos trump society's obsession with fantastic plastic and "air brushed" perfection.

That, and I would also add that, in the year 2009, I would add that this whole thing is only slightly less absurd then asking "what do you think of women who want to get jobs and not be home maker?"

Almost all the women and men under 30 I know (and about half above 30) have tattoos. No big deal at all.

What, are women who have their ears pierced also possing some kind of a "tramp stamp?"

I suppose women should just dress like they do in Saudi Arabia or something...

Old 06-13-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
"Tramp stamp"...no. Big and ugly looking, yes!

I think "big and ugly" when I see women's heels too. Everything is relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships