Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 05:08 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,982,730 times

Advertisements

Well at least you know that they're not a quitter. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 02:43 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,405,462 times
no

Old 06-12-2018, 04:08 AM

1,158 posts, read 963,108 times
No way!!! Statistically they do not have good odds-- 73% of third marriages fail. Doomed to fail.

I have a relative that has been married and divorced 4 times. IMO this person has many narcissistic tendencies and will never have a romantic relationship that lasts. This person is in love with the euphoric feeling they get from "new" love, not actually doing the nitty gritty of making a relationship really work. This person is also very self-centered.

My relative is also very charming, attractive and successful in their career. However, is a hot mess emotionally once you see through the facade.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:27 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,159,969 times
Is everyone aware that this is a 5 year old thread, and the only reason it keeps going "back on the market", so to speak, is because the original poster logs in with different brand new accounts to resurrect it?

I'll spare you the leg work, because I looked: every single time that this thread has been revived after a gap (usually 3 months to a year), it has been by a new user with 1 or 2 posts. Without fail. And no one has yet pointed out that, gee, maybe it's our old friend I'm Retired Now, the OP. The OP is notorious for logging in with fresh new names to either post new controversial threads or revive his old ones.

It's all kind of harmless (entertaining, even), and there's nothing wrong, per se, with continuing the discussion every time it's revived - but I just want you guys to be aware of it.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:37 PM

90 posts, read 55,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
For love! Some of us folks still believe in that, you know?

I'd not date someone married 4 times though.
Love does not equal marriage. It's a good answer and probably the only one for a person married so many times.

I got married because I had to but don't believe in the paper and hate that I had to. Then again I'm atheist and follow a lot of Buddhist ideals. Still happily married years later but always think of how I wish I could divorce and just live with my hubby without the marriage paper. Neither of us wanted a religious or state sanctified life together.

I say maybe throw the idea of a private commitment ceremony without the paper and go on from there. It's what we had really wanted to do and we still love each other.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:28 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,043,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Run for the hills. One divorce is a red flag - two is a dealbreaker.

I am wife #4 to my current husband, and we've been married 2 months shy of 16 years.

On paper, it would've seemed like a bad bet...but we're solid.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:16 PM

26 posts, read 13,839 times
Something I learned after a 19 year marriage, 3 month marriage and now 13 years in. Is that even though I am the most easy going person there is , ..there is something wrong with my picker. It's taken alot of work to realize I have more value than a. Verbal or physical punching bag for someone else.
I guess my point is you need to take a long time and really get to know someone, before making a leap.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:35 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,315,656 times
If a man or woman has been divorced more than two times they obviously suck at picking a partner.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:12 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,043,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If a man or woman has been divorced more than two times they obviously suck at picking a partner.

I'd have to disagree. My husband did a good job picking me. And I'm #4.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 PM

17,221 posts, read 57,129,353 times
I did date a gal who had been divorced 4 or 5 times, but, the operative word is "date", marriage was not on the agenda, at least not for me. I didn't keep that a secret from her either, but sometimes people "hear what they want to hear, and disregard the rest" - so I can't say what she was thinking.

A very pretty waitress, who had I think 4 or 5 daughters, pretty much one daughter with each husband, they all looked just like her, like a set of Russian matroshka dolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships