Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:53 PM

770 posts, read 1,179,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Follow the conversation. It broadened to inviting someone over anytime, a couple of pages ago. And willow bear ignored 1/2 the post s/he was responding to.
I'm sorry Ruth, but you sound slow. The question "how many of you ladies would invite a date into "your home" and not expect for something to happen?" was asked (notice how quotes were used around "your home" to insinuate more. The same way "coffee" in Willowbear's post doesn't actually mean coffee). You, incapable of putting it into context used the most literal meaning and named everything that you could possibly do in a home as off limits. No one is suggesting that you shouldn't have a guy set foot into your home for two seconds without expecting something sexual to happen. There's obviously a specific context here that you aren't grasping.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:00 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,987,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
It's over. Not only does she have a bf, but I'm out of school now & she's halfway across the country. I've tried making her my enemy (in my head at least) but that only makes it worse. There's really nothing I can do and It's driving me insane. I would try to hook up with other girls but I'm back at my parents house, so that's not happening anytime soon.

Is there anything I can do to make it better?
make some money, move out and hit on other gals. probably you have to write this one off. i know it hurts. i learned this lesson on a real fox. still kick myself to this day a little bit. doh!!!

don't make her your "enemy". that's pretty silly. besides, she might have cute friends

best way to move on is get back in the saddle. don't let living at home stop you from trying

Old 09-01-2013, 05:13 PM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
I'm sorry Ruth, but you sound slow. The question "how many of you ladies would invite a date into "your home" and not expect for something to happen?" was asked (notice how quotes were used around "your home" to insinuate more. The same way "coffee" in Willowbear's post doesn't actually mean coffee). You, incapable of putting it into context used the most literal meaning and named everything that you could possibly do in a home as off limits. No one is suggesting that you shouldn't have a guy set foot into your home for two seconds without expecting something sexual to happen. There's obviously a specific context here that you aren't grasping.
No one has specified, in the latter half of the discussion, "in your home at night". And comments about having to stop inviting people to lunch or dinner went unchallenged, so.....meh.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:16 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,308,679 times
Quote:
No one has specified, in the latter half of the discussion, "in your home at night". And comments about having to stop inviting people to lunch or dinner went unchallenged, so.....meh.
Unless I invite a guy I'm dating into my home at bedtime, and get undressed in front of him, he should not be assuming there will be sex. Hoping is fine. Assuming is not.

There is no secret to human communication. Why complicate something that need not be complicated?

To the OP: move on, man.

770 posts, read 1,179,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I must know a lot of chicks who are dominant, then. I have exactly zero female friends who won't come on to a guy if they are really in the mood for sex.

I'm not saying they're gonna reach down a man's pants and start grabbing, but what chick won't initiate a kiss? That usually goes a long way.
With a guy that isn't her boyfriend? Plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I wasn't implying a brute force attack. Sheesh. Lighten up.

Next, he said they sat on the bed. Above the covers. This is not jumping INTO bed with someone. It's sitting on the damned bed, watching TV.

I suspect she thought he'd make some kind of move. Kissing, hand-holding, maybe a little more...

But, I betcha if he'd tried to have sex with her, she would've turned it down.

Call it women's intuition.
A few months ago my girlfriend and I were at our guy-friends' house. Her and one of the guys had met only a few days prior, but had been talking ever since. He asked her if she wanted to watch a movie. She replied "uhhhh...watch movie? That's code for 'do you want to be a booty call.'" (His roomate and I were in the other room and we burst out laughing over how blunt she was). Turns out the guy actually meant that he wanted to see a movie, in a theater, at a later date. He knew better than to ask her to watch a movie in his house.

Sorry, but you are dead wrong. Everyone knows that "watching a movie" with a romantic interest isn't watching a movie...especially in bed. Everyone.

3,549 posts, read 5,382,894 times
Quote:
Yes, well, right back atcha. That's the point.
Still waiting on your age... in terms of the dating world things are very differenr between the 20 somethings and 40 somethings...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 PM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Still waiting on your age... in terms of the dating world things are very differenr between the 20 somethings and 40 somethings...

I had no idea you were waiting on my age. FYI, I have several women friends in their mid-20's. They're not anything like the women you say you date. You can't generalize about an entire generation, you must be smart enough to know that. I'm in the 40-something category.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
With a guy that isn't her boyfriend? Plenty.

A few months ago my girlfriend and I were at our guy-friends' house. Her and one of the guys had met only a few days prior, but had been talking ever since. He asked her if she wanted to watch a movie. She replied "uhhhh...watch movie? That's code for 'do you want to be a booty call.'" (His roomate and I were in the other room and we burst out laughing over how blunt she was). Turns out the guy actually meant that he wanted to see a movie in a theater. He knew better than to ask her to watch a movie in his house.

Sorry, but you sound like you don't get out much. Everyone knows that "watching a movie" with a romantic interest isn't watching a movie...especially in bed. Everyone.
You're hilarious.

I'd bet you good money I know more about dating and relationships than you.

Watching a movie with a romantic interest can be anything you want it to be.

I do agree that one might expect a certain degree of physicality, but if everyone thinks they should be having sex with everyone on the second date, I'm surprised that more people don't have herpes. Or worse.

I say this as someone who grew up in the 80s, before anyone was scared they'd catch AIDs. I say this as someone who club-hopped enough to have perma-stamps on her hands. As someone who grew up near 3 major universities. As someone who used to be a regular on the club rave circuit.

Puh-leeze.

Most of this board is about people upset at not getting any.

I have NEVER had that problem. Ever.

Most of my friends since HS/College days haven't either. The world I read about on here is totally unfamiliar to me in the sense that something pretty f-ing simple is made into something completely complicated.

Damn.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

Well. I'm married, but I have to tell you that unless things have changed dramtically since 2005 when my husband (who was in his 20s back then) and I started dating?

Dating has not really changed since I first started dating in the 80s.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:51 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,382,894 times
Quote:
I had no idea you were waiting on my age. FYI, I have several women friends in their mid-20's. They're not anything like the women you say you date. You can't generalize about an entire generation, you must be smart enough to know that. I'm in the 40-something category.
Several friends is still far off than most all ones friends. Dating is a ton different in a 20ish year age difference.

I know you can't generalize a whole generation, but my experience is leaps and bounds ahead of yours, in regards to dating and girls my age...

Ive slept with probably quite a few women your age as well, however I wouldn't consider myself nearly as knowledgeable as I do with my age in regards to what to expect or not expect.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.