Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 12:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,649,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
how many of you ladies would invite a date into "your home" and not expect for something to happen? and if something was to happen, who is to make the first move? clearly, the OP is new to this, and didn't recognized just the inventation inside her place was a clear sign, ime. unless, otherwise specified "no funny business", it's a green light; which he never got from what I gather.
I would. I've done it before and I'll probably do it again. Just because I invite you over doesn't mean I want to bang you, and just because you invite me over and I accept doesn't mean I want to bang you.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:07 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
how many of you ladies would invite a date into "your home" and not expect for something to happen?
Oh, PLEASE! So now, an invitation into one's home is an invitation for sex? I'll be sure and keep my home off-limits from now on, until I'm good and ready for what you consider to be the inevitable. No dinners, lunches, requests for computer trouble-shooting, tours of my art collection, etc. until I'm ready to offer my body as dessert.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:15 PM

770 posts, read 1,178,665 times
If I don't want to hook up with a guy I'm not going anywhere near a bed with him unless I've explicitly stated we aren't doing anything. If we're in bed together it's because I'm ok with something happening. Maybe it's a generational thing, but everyone I know knows that a sentence with any combination of the words "movie", "bed" and/or "bedroom" is just a code for "yeah, I'm gonna get some."

Old 09-01-2013, 12:18 PM

770 posts, read 1,178,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I would. I've done it before and I'll probably do it again. Just because I invite you over doesn't mean I want to bang you, and just because you invite me over and I accept doesn't mean I want to bang you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, PLEASE! So now, an invitation into one's home is an invitation for sex? I'll be sure and keep my home off-limits from now on, until I'm good and ready for what you consider to be the inevitable. No dinners, lunches, requests for computer trouble-shooting, tours of my art collection, etc. until I'm ready to offer my body as dessert.

It's not just an invitation to one's home, it's the invitation to one's bed. If I don't want anything to happen I suggest the living room or any other open, non-private place.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:21 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,363,611 times
Quote:

I didn't say sex (I said something happening)

c'mon now, any smart dating woman should know this; you just don't invite a "date" into your home and expect him to not attempt to make a move. Again, unless otherwise specified "no hanky panky", we men precieve this as a sign. Perhaps, you ladies just don't understand men that well; which I doubt, you guys seem pretty intelligent.

I do get your point, however, and I think you guys know what I mean.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:22 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,381,226 times
Quote:

How old are you ruth? Have you ever considered times and generations change?

Ive had probably 100+ women in my home on the first or second date. Ive probably slept with 75% of them.

Do the math. These are my experiences. How can I go off anything other than my vast personal experience? Id say I have more say here than most.

This whole discussion is kind of stupid. Ruth, the men you date are probably different than the women I date. Its impossible to say what is more likely or less likely.

It makes a difference where you live, how you meet the women, etc.

I will say I do not go after trashy women. I wouod guess most women I habe slept with had been eith less than 20 ppl. Ill take a nice sweet innocent average looking girl over a bit (hy super sexy girl any day.

The type of people that post on this forum here are soooooo diverse you csnt make generalizations.

I fully believe in Ruths experience her friends ajd acquaintences are as she says regarding dating and sex. I'm just saying that doesnt hold true for all.

I have no issue with your statements, just please realize many people do not hold the same values and respect you do. I wish they did. I wish I could. Truth be told they just can't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-01-2013, 12:37 PM

231 posts, read 294,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Ummm. I have GOT to know how you responded to that text.
Me: i asked her if she wanted to do something over the weekend

Her: "you always want to hang out but you act like you aren't interested"

Me: “I am. I felt like you were moving away but I figured I’d keep talking to see what happened.”

Her: “I move away when I feel like I can’t open up to people”

Before these texts she got very distant & weird. After we went for a walk one day she called out a quick "bye," plowed her keys into the door, and ran inside. It was very obvious she was trying to avoid a kiss. It sounds like she simply didn't like me but then again “you act like you aren't interested” suggests that she was interested at some point and it’s killing me. The last comment about not being able to open up to me really hurt.

A couple days later I went to talk to her about it. The conversation was really friendly and warm but she sent me a text a day later telling me that she only wanted to pursue a friendship. She told me that she had been in an abusive relationship in the past and wasn't ready to date. She had a bf a month later. I feel like she lied to me. I would of happily took a “sorry I’m not interested” over sending me on a wild goose chase with “you act like you aren't interested.”

We’re still ‘friends’ but I hate talking to her…I feel like a doormat

Old 09-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I didn't say sex (I said something happening)

c'mon now, any smart dating woman should know this; you just don't invite a "date" into your home and expect him to not attempt to make a move
AAAACCKK!

That's all I can say! The dating world has gone mad!

Now if you were talking specifically about inviting someone in after a dinner/evening date, I'd agree. But not as a generalized statement to cover any invitation into the home at any time.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
The type of people that post on this forum here are soooooo diverse you csnt make generalizations.

I fully believe in Ruths experience her friends ajd acquaintences are as she says regarding dating and sex. I'm just saying that doesnt hold true for all.

I have no issue with your statements, just please realize many people do not hold the same values and respect you do. I wish they did. I wish I could. Truth be told they just can't.
Yes, well, right back atcha. That's the point.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:46 PM

348 posts, read 498,959 times
Quote:
AAAACCKK!

That's all I can say! The dating world has gone mad!

Now if you were talking specifically about inviting someone in after a dinner/evening date, I'd agree. But not as a generalized statement to cover any invitation into the home at any time.
Haven't you heard that if someone invites you to their place for "coffee" it doesn't mean coffee, it means sex. That was in a Sienfeld episode like 15-20 years ago. This is NOT a new concept in the dating world, PLEASE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.