Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:42 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned and off topic.

I could not date someone who would apply a black and white answer such as abortion is wrong to that sensitive and painful of a situation. That would show a lack of compassion and critical thinking which are major turn offs in my book.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-03-2013 at 02:58 PM..

Old 09-03-2013, 01:31 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,244,877 times
My view is:

It's not my decision to make, but I will support the woman either way.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:32 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,501,338 times
Does not matter to me what my bf's views on abortion are.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,326,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
The OP expressly asked not to make it about the moral merits of abortion, but of course some people can't resist.
Who the heck said it was about controlling women? The only people who ever claim its about controlling women are the one's who AREN'T actually making the claim. The pro-lifers only stance has ever been that they don't want babies killed.
I can't avoid the basic semantic reality that after a certain amount of time, it's undeniably a baby. How about 8 months? Are you going to tell me that's not a baby? There are even babies that have SURVIVED BOTCHED ABORTIONS. If the procedure going WRONG means a person goes on to lead a life, then IN REALITY, by the nature of the SEMANTICS of the very words we're talking about, abortions after a certain pergnancy term kill a baby. Unless we want to change the definitions of words to have special exceptions for abortions, then abortion CAN BE murder/killing. Now whether a 3-month old bunch of very simple tissues is a baby is a different story, too.
WHere in that is there a hint of me wanting to "control women"?
Try reading your first sentence.
And yes, anti-choice is ALL ABOUT controlling women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I was reading another thread where some posters said it was a dealbreaker if their partner had different views than them on being pro-choice or pro-life. I was stunned because that should be like #400 on the list of things of partners you should be looking at. I would never dump an otherwise quality girl because her views on abortion is different. I don't care about the issue enough where her views on it matter.

Is your partners views on abortion important to you? Is it a dealbreaker if they have different views?

Note: Please DO NOT make this a thread about the merits or legality of abortion. That's not what this thread is about. I don't want this thread to turn into a political pro choice or pro life thread. Just focus on how you would view a potential partner who had different views on abortion.
The OP asked not to make the thread about the merits or legality of abortion.
The poster you quoted followed the request; you, however, did not.

Last edited by chielgirl; 09-03-2013 at 02:24 PM..

Old 09-03-2013, 03:03 PM

44,392 posts, read 20,123,279 times
Another thread down the tubes because some people can't stay on topic and refrain from grandstanding and personal attacks.

Thank you, those who posted insightful, on-topic comments.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships