Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 01:32 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,110,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep.
And if he can't find a woman who he finds attractive who is in turn attracted to him, he's probably overrating himself. I mean sure, some dumpy guys can only get it up for supermodels and think they deserve one because of that, but will they get one? Probably not.
Oh please i dont think im attractive at all it has nothing to do with being full of myslef in who i find attractive..and once again the tired men want a sueprmodel thing is zzzz

Theyres plenty of women im attracted to im sure others arent at all..im far from attracted to just stereotypical hot women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 01:33 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,965,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You said if there is no physical attraction you don't want the woman no matter how cool she is.

What you don't get is, attraction to a person can change and grow once you get to know them.

But you are too shallow to want to get to know any woman who does not live up to your standards of physical beauty, so you are missing out of all kinds of opportunities.

Yes indeed, you are shallow and superficial.
I am still AMAZED at how few people buy into the bolded. And it seems the older I get, the less people are buying into the concept.
Seems today's culture INSISTS on that immediate spark. The person that we date MUST be attractive by societies standards, or else they are undatable.

My first LTR gf was someone I was not attracted much at all to at first. We became friends. She was fun and cool, and single
We started dating, and by the time we started dating, I had quite an attraction to her. Not that she was unattractive by any means, but she was probably average I guess.
We were together for quite a while, and turning each other on was NEVER a problem, even after she put on 20-ish lbs on top of where she was at when we started dating.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:35 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,485,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
It wouldnt be fair to either of us imo..I doubt a women or man would want to hear or find out that somebodies with them becasue they were the only one who said yes to them and were only approached because better looking people who im attracted to rejected me so i tohguht you were blah loking enough that you might say yes..
That's the key. Unfortunately, many people marry someone incompatible because no one else seemed interested and they didn't think they could do better. A few years later, they realize it was a mistake once they're in a loveless, sexless marriage, but by then there are kids and mortgages and it's a real nasty mess to undo.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:36 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,853,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I am still AMAZED at how few people buy into the bolded. And it seems the older I get, the less people are buying into the concept.
Seems today's culture INSISTS on that immediate spark. The person that we date MUST be attractive by societies standards, or else they are undatable.

My first LTR gf was someone I was not attracted much at all to at first. We became friends. She was fun and cool, and single
We started dating, and by the time we started dating, I had quite an attraction to her. Not that she was unattractive by any means, but she was probably average I guess.
We were together for quite a while, and turning each other on was NEVER a problem, even after she put on 20-ish lbs on top of where she was at when we started dating.
Yup. Another good post.

That has absolutely happened to me to. I believe that's how 'love' works for most people who are attractive enough (inside and out).

That's how I would prefer it to happen. The only problem is that if you go down that path and invest and end up with unrequited love, it's a world of hurt.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,549,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, I agree with this. Although, the same goes for the men who post on here. I have a feeling most of the 'PUA/Player' types are fat losers sitting in their parents basements because if they had a life and got as much tail as they brag about they wouldn't be posting here.

I only post when I'm at work...it gets slow and it gives me something to do since I'm tied to a radio and can't really leave.
Yes, that too... although i wouldnt be so generalizing about the dudes cuz i'm sure there's a variety of losers. But I'm glad to hear your honest opinion.

And let me share an experience with you that goes more to your point. So, I enjoy this dating/relationship topic and it's not the first one i've been on. I usually do it when i'm not in a relationship for various reasons, but also to keep my chops sharp. Like now, and honestly I really don't have anything to prove to anyone because i get laid enough and winning the approval of the CDR community doesn't help me at all get laid.

Anyway, there was this forum I was once was a very active member like i am here. Well, in an effort to build community relations and as a note of appreciation to it's memberhips, the owner and mods had kind of an semi-annual get together at some bar where everyone one could meet, b.s., and share a drink together. I had some good online friends that i wanted to meet because the chatter was cool with them so I attended a couple. What I discovered was that with a few exceptions, these were people I would normally not hang out with, let alone get advice about women and relationships. Seriously, i really questioned why i was spending so much time on that forum after that experience. But good banter and intelligence can be entertaining so WTF.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,931,228 times
The men I'm interested in are always attractive in my opinion.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:53 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,363,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
You always hear lower your standards if you keep getting rejected which is fair but at the same time as bad as iam in attracting women i could never be with someone iam not physically attracted to even slightly..

It wouldnt be fair to either of us imo..I doubt a women or man would want to hear or find out that somebodies with them becasue they were the only one who said yes to them and were only approached because better looking people who im attracted to rejected me so i tohguht you were blah loking enough that you might say yes..

Maybe other people can do that but i need some attraction physically for me to give somebody a chance..i just cant get aroused by someone i dont find attractive..

And before the inevitable posts about goign after only hot girls or super models its not the case at all..but i cant find somebody repulsive and want to date them..
I think that there has to be some level of attraction, not necessarily physical attraction...

Old 09-11-2013, 05:25 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You said if there is no physical attraction you don't want the woman no matter how cool she is.

What you don't get is, attraction to a person can change and grow once you get to know them.
loves, that is an absolute crock of . Physical attraction is non-negotiable as far as I'm concerned. Now WHAT i'm attracted to is debatable. But if there is not one ounce of physical attraction there, sorry ain't gonna work no matter the personality.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,218,964 times
No.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,684,682 times
If you need to be physically attracted to your mate, then no. Maybe when you're old and don't care about that anymore, you can settle down happily with another senior citizen. There are plenty of lonely senor citizens just looking for a companion. There ain't no sexin' going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships