Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 03:34 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,394 times

Advertisements

On a scale of 1 – 10, based on looks alone – not personality, job, money, p*nis size, car, etc. – how would you rate yourself? On a scale of 1 – 10, once again based on looks alone, what type of women do you regularly hit on?

If you rate yourself as a hard 7 and you're regularly hitting on women whom you rate as soft 5's or 6's, and these women regularly turn you down, what would you interpret their rejections to mean?

Are they delusional about their looks, are you delusional about yours, or... are both parties delusional about their looks? In my opinion, it's usually the latter – both parties are usually delusional about their looks. It's called HDS (Hotness Delusion Syndrome).

Before you click on the link below, I must warn you that it contains a smidgen of profanity; however, it also contains a half-naked picture of Paul Newman that will undoubtedly make you use a smidgen of profanity, too. You're welcome ! Delusional Hotness Syndrome | ohhellwhatthehell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 05:45 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
In response to the OP, I would say Yes. After all, relationships and marriage are not only about physical attractiveness.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:53 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
You always hear lower your standards if you keep getting rejected which is fair but at the same time as bad as iam in attracting women i could never be with someone iam not physically attracted to even slightly..

It wouldnt be fair to either of us imo..I doubt a women or man would want to hear or find out that somebodies with them becasue they were the only one who said yes to them and were only approached because better looking people who im attracted to rejected me so i tohguht you were blah loking enough that you might say yes..

Maybe other people can do that but i need some attraction physically for me to give somebody a chance..i just cant get aroused by someone i dont find attractive..

And before the inevitable posts about goign after only hot girls or super models its not the case at all..but i cant find somebody repulsive and want to date them..

Love the One You're With - YouTube

Old 07-12-2014, 03:57 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,315,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Then you are simply too shallow and superficial for a healthy relationship.

I suggest you embrace your batchelorhood - after all, you are freely choosing it
Physical attraction is a necessity for a romantic relationship -- at least I think so. Why would I be interested in a romantic/physical relationship with someone I find unattractive? Personality, character, morals, etc. all matter as well, but without a physical spark, there would be no sexual/physical attraction. And I don't expect a woman to be some bombshell or supermodel; no, but I do have to find her physically appealing.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:01 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
"looks alone" is quite different then to not care about looks at all..Obviously it cant be just about looks but if im not attracted at all physically i have no desire to want to see that women naked no matter how cool she is..
The physical attraction can develop after you find aspects of their personality that are attractive. That's why you should cast a wider net, and give people a chance. You never know when someone you initially think isn't attractive will blow you away.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:38 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,315,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
See, no offense D, but this is where your young age and lack of experience shine through.

It is indeed entirely possible for attraction to grow toward someone you were initially not physically attracted to once you get to know them.

Don't be one of those shallow guys who won't give a woman a chance strictly based on her looks alone.
But what's wrong with initially focusing your attention on those you find attractive? To me, it makes no sense to try and pursue romantically those who I don't initially find attractive. Physical attraction is what draws members of the opposite sex together for the purpose of propagating the species. To intentionally disregard those you find attractive and instead focus your courtship energy on those you find unattractive seems pointless and counterproductive. Physical attraction is important and is there for a reason. I would agree that focusing solely on attractiveness when trying to find a mate would be immature and foolish, but to totally disregard the physical aspect would be equally foolish -- it's not normal to chase or covet that which disinterests you.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:57 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
But what's wrong with initially focusing your attention on those you find attractive? To me, it makes no sense to try and pursue romantically those who I don't initially find attractive. Physical attraction is what draws members of the opposite sex together for the purpose of propagating the species. To intentionally disregard those you find attractive and instead focus your courtship energy on those you find unattractive seems pointless and counterproductive. Physical attraction is important and is there for a reason. I would agree that focusing solely on attractiveness when trying to find a mate would be immature and foolish, but to totally disregard the physical aspect would be equally foolish -- it's not normal to chase or covet that which disinterests you.
Maybe it doesn't happen to men as much as to women, but many women report that they were not attracted to this or that guy in the beginning, but they went on a few dates anyway, and found him so interesting, or kind, or brilliant, or whatever, that the physical attraction developed from that. Suddenly he started to look hot in their eyes.

That's why wise women accept dates from guys they're not attracted to, initially. They know it increases their chances of finding a good match. It gives you more options to work with. And guys, what happens when the physical qualities of the women you're attracted to fade, if you end up marrying? Have you set yourself up for divorce, then? Looks fade, but it's the personality you're stuck with long term.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
What if you lower your standards and STILL get rejected? That will burn your soul
Don't lower your standards just try different women.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas34 View Post
Preferably foreign.
Perfectly good women in America.But if you find someone in another country so be it.But only for love not a green card.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:53 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
No, not always.

Physical attraction will not stop me from talking to someone, if their personality attracts me. If I am not attracted to the person in anyway shape or form, forget it. I do agree that attraction can develop, but so far this hasn't happened to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships