Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 01:33 PM

102,190 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Another stupid wife who threw her husband under the bus.

You disclosed his past secrets, woman. Things he confided in you. Do you even have any ounce of remorse? Who does this kind of stuff.
This is it, OP. He trusted you to be discreet and to have the sense to keep intimate things private. You failed him. Learn from this experience.

And btw, it's not a "small issue". Trust and confidentiality in a marriage are crucial, they're a relationship cornerstone. Your talk tonight should begin with you saying, "Honey, I've thought a lot about this, and I realize now that I screwed up." Take responsibility for the mistake. Do NOT say, "I didn't realize you were so sensitive about being a virgin." That's deflecting the blame toward him. That will not heal the rift, it won't address his sense of betrayal. To fix this, some humility on your part is called for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 01:42 PM

589 posts, read 638,937 times
Completely side with the husband. You don't share aspects of his sex life with anyone. How is he supposed to trust you now?

Old 03-21-2014, 01:56 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,061 times
Since the poster of this thread sounds very young to me , I wont toss her her under the bus... ...This one of them times where you apologies to your partner, leave it at that......

Old 03-21-2014, 02:34 PM

11,786 posts, read 12,024,345 times
I think the OP got the message the first time when she posted this six months ago...

Old 03-21-2014, 02:53 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,212,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastWife View Post
Of course my intent was NOT to embarrass him. Like I said I'm proud of him and shared that POSITIVE aspect. I didn't see it as a negative. And as a matter of fact we actually have joked around about how I have taught him "stuff."
Ok so you were his first, did you NOT take his masculinity into account before you opened your mouth?? Sorry but I have to agree with your hubby, you NEED to learn a little discretion around other people when such matters come up.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:55 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,212,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth4truth View Post
this is it, op. He trusted you to be discreet and to have the sense to keep intimate things private. You failed him. Learn from this experience.

And btw, it's not a "small issue". Trust and confidentiality in a marriage are crucial, they're a relationship cornerstone. Your talk tonight should begin with you saying, "honey, i've thought a lot about this, and i realize now that i screwed up." take responsibility for the mistake. Do not say, "i didn't realize you were so sensitive about being a virgin." that's deflecting the blame toward him. That will not heal the rift, it won't address his sense of betrayal. To fix this, some humility on your part is called for.
agree 100%

Old 03-21-2014, 03:13 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,439 times
wow, this was f'd up that you put your husbands personal business on blast like that

this thread is old but man i just cant believe you did that to him

you are a horrible inconsiderate person

Old 03-21-2014, 03:40 PM

102,190 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
wow, this was f'd up that you put your husbands personal business on blast like that

this thread is old but man i just cant believe you did that to him

you are a horrible inconsiderate person
Maybe not horrible, but clueless, yes. But hopefully, she now gets it. It shouldn't happen again.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:01 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
Quote:
My husband was a virgin when we met. We have a small issue now...
I had suspected that this thread was heading in another direction

Old 03-21-2014, 09:33 PM

774 posts, read 1,164,243 times
Quote:
Of course my intent was NOT to embarrass him. Like I said I'm proud of him and shared that POSITIVE aspect. I didn't see it as a negative. And as a matter of fact we actually have joked around about how I have taught him "stuff."
It's not about how you felt about sharing his inexperience, it's about how HE felt about your sharing his inexperience. If you haven't already done so, apologize (because you own him one), and explain that you really did not mean to embarrass him. Your being 'proud' of his having been inexperienced does not make it something he wants you to share with others. Leave that to him to share, or not share. It's not for YOU to share with others. Respect his feelings about what you did and make sure you don't do it again.

Now go have some serious make-up sex!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships