Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM

2 posts, read 32,790 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody. Myhusband and I have been married just under two years and have a wonderfulrelationship. In large part that’s because we’re still madly in love witheachother and have the communication channels always open. We rarely disagreeon anything important and the odd time we do, we solve it and laugh.

Anyway we had a bit of an “issue” the other day and I’mlooking for objective views from a variety of people and that’s why I camehere.

We were at some friends’ home on Wednesday along withanother couple we’re close with. At some point we got to talking aboutrelationships and what it takes to be successful in a marriage. My contributionwas that I wanted a partner who loved me (obviously!), had a grip on realityand the challenges of life that we would face together, plus of course theusual: handsome, smart, funny.

We all talked about relationships and intimacy and howpast ones shape us to be the people we are today. Anyway, I pointed out that numbers don’treally matter and that it’s primarily quality. As an example, I brought up howI’ve had a few and my husband loves me. I also pointed out that hubby had onlyone prior relationship before me. Basically, he dated his high school sweetheartfor 8 years until something happened to her and their relationship ended. Shewas brought up very religious so they never had sex. And, of course, I love himeven though our backgrounds on the topic of sexual intimacy are prettydifferent.

Anyway, when we got home he told me that I shouldn’thave divulged that he was a virgin when we met. I told him that I was actuallyproud of him at having shown restraint with his ex and that he never pushed her.He says it was embarrassing to him that I told our friends. And he’s worriedthat they now “see him differently.” Not quite sure what that means but we’veagreed to discuss this tonight.

I love him for all of him and admire him (and the sexis fantastic! – I taught him well!!) but I still don’t think I did anything wrong.Having said that though, I don’t want this to become a bigger issue with him

I’m really interested in hearing people’s responses.Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 07:17 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Haven't we heard the same story before? Sounds like déjà moo.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 PM

242 posts, read 391,527 times
What happens in the bedroom should always stay in the bedroom. What you did was divulge too much personal information and I do not blame your husband for being frustrated.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
So, we've had this kind of discussion before with another 1st time poster about private and personal stuff that shouldn't be said in any conversation unless the person brings it up themselves.

What you did was another example of something you shouldn't talk about with anyone, and that's your spouses number of sexual partners or virginity. That's a private thing that no one else should talk about unless said person chooses to bring it up first.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:24 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
sometimes, its not what you say, its how you say it...

if he said, or divulged, "you taught him well" because you had a lot more practice than he did (before marriage)

implying you had a lot of men,,,,it might rub you the wrong way-

Old 09-13-2013, 07:27 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,286 times
I agree with MKWC.

Most men don't want to be thought of, or known as virgins/inexperienced. They'd rather be seen/viewed as a sexual stud. It's all about image
Not many women find an inexperienced guy sexy.
What you divulged about your husband, was embarrassing to him, although I'm sure that wasn't your intent.
But oh well, what's done is done. Hopefully this friends don't go spreading the word.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:52 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Haven't we heard the same story before? Sounds like déjà moo.
That's what I was thinking.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
I agree with MKWC.

Most men don't want to be thought of, or known as virgins/inexperienced. They'd rather be seen/viewed as a sexual stud. It's all about image
Not many women find an inexperienced guy sexy.
What you divulged about your husband, was embarrassing to him, although I'm sure that wasn't your intent.
But oh well, what's done is done. Hopefully this friends don't go spreading the word.
^^this.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 32,790 times
Of course my intent was NOT to embarrass him. Like I said I'm proud of him and shared that POSITIVE aspect. I didn't see it as a negative. And as a matter of fact we actually have joked around about how I have taught him "stuff."

Old 09-13-2013, 08:13 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times
Meh go get a naughty maid outfit. He'll forget all about it. Tell him you were naughty and need to be punished for spilling the beans. Tell him to get over it we were all virgins at one time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships