Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 08:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times

Advertisements

Post is clearly a copypasta job. Note the runtogetherwords where the previous lineendswere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 08:17 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastWife View Post
Hi everybody. Myhusband and I have been married just under two years and have a wonderfulrelationship. In large part that’s because we’re still madly in love witheachother and have the communication channels always open. We rarely disagreeon anything important and the odd time we do, we solve it and laugh.

Anyway we had a bit of an “issue” the other day and I’mlooking for objective views from a variety of people and that’s why I camehere.

We were at some friends’ home on Wednesday along withanother couple we’re close with. At some point we got to talking aboutrelationships and what it takes to be successful in a marriage. My contributionwas that I wanted a partner who loved me (obviously!), had a grip on realityand the challenges of life that we would face together, plus of course theusual: handsome, smart, funny.

We all talked about relationships and intimacy and howpast ones shape us to be the people we are today. Anyway, I pointed out that numbers don’treally matter and that it’s primarily quality. As an example, I brought up howI’ve had a few and my husband loves me. I also pointed out that hubby had onlyone prior relationship before me. Basically, he dated his high school sweetheartfor 8 years until something happened to her and their relationship ended. Shewas brought up very religious so they never had sex. And, of course, I love himeven though our backgrounds on the topic of sexual intimacy are prettydifferent.

Anyway, when we got home he told me that I shouldn’thave divulged that he was a virgin when we met. I told him that I was actuallyproud of him at having shown restraint with his ex and that he never pushed her.He says it was embarrassing to him that I told our friends. And he’s worriedthat they now “see him differently.” Not quite sure what that means but we’veagreed to discuss this tonight.

I love him for all of him and admire him (and the sexis fantastic! – I taught him well!!) but I still don’t think I did anything wrong.Having said that though, I don’t want this to become a bigger issue with him

I’m really interested in hearing people’s responses.Thanks.
When we were first married we lived in an apartment house that had five different units. Almost everyone in the units were newly weds. One night we had a couple over for cards and they were talking about their sex life. After they left, my husband told me that he wanted our sex life to be something we only discussed with each other. He said information like that was special and should not be shared with others. So I think he would agree with your husband. Our sexual history should not be shared. I think it would come under the heading of "too much information."

Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
God men are such fragile babies aren't they?

Old 09-13-2013, 08:26 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Post is clearly a copypasta job. Note the runtogetherwords where the previous lineendswere.
Ha!

OP get a life. Trolling the net is not a life.

Sorry Nila I should've read your post first, saved myself time.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:28 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
Thought this was going to be a small penis thread.
At any rate, sex is usually a private matter for most people and talking about someone else is usually a no-no.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:41 PM

370 posts, read 654,142 times
Sorry but I am behind your husband. I would be very frustrated too if my partner divulged that kind of personal details to friends. Actually I would be more than frustrated...
Hope you guys can work it out!!! Good luck.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 PM

350 posts, read 709,662 times
Quote:
Anyway, when we got home he told me that I shouldn’thave divulged that he was a virgin when we met. I told him that I was actuallyproud of him at having shown restraint with his ex and that he never pushed her.He says it was embarrassing to him that I told our friends.
It's over.

Move on.

This is nothing.

If you think this is an "issue", wait until you have a "problem".

Old 09-13-2013, 09:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Of course my intent was NOT to embarrass him. Like I said I'm proud of him and shared that POSITIVE aspect. I didn't see it as a negative. And as a matter of fact we actually have joked around about how I have taught him "stuff."

Definitely negative and embarrassing, don't do that again

Old 09-13-2013, 09:44 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
My guess is you'd be equally embarrassed or upset if he revealed something that you feel is a physical shortcoming, like very small boobs or unusual looking nipples. Most women have something about their body that they don't like, so imagine him divulging that, even if he said he liked it.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
OP how are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships