Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
You are completely missing the point. This has nothing to do with that. I don't feel entitled to attractive women. I know that I must have a lot of value if I want to date attractive women which is why I've worked hard on improving myself the past few years. But this has nothing to do with that. This thread is more about not wanting to date insecure liars. I hate deceivers. I see nothing wrong with feeling entitled to honest women. I don't want someone lying to others and themselves.
So who appointed you the online dating profile police? I am sure that there are both men AND women who lie about more serious things online such as marital status, employment status, mental stability, homicidal tendencies, etc.

Beauty may be skin deep but ugly cuts clear to the bone. Had you not been so shortsighted you perhaps could have been cordial and met another woman (like a friend/coworker/sister) through the woman. Its ok not to find her attractive but there is no need for bad manners and rude behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 07:20 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,577,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So who appointed you the online dating profile police? I am sure that there are both men AND women who lie about more serious things online such as marital status, employment status, mental stability, homicidal tendencies, etc.
And why should I accept that? I don't like liars. I like honesty. I have a lot of respect for people who are honest even if the honesty would hurt them. IF someone is willing to lie to themselves, just imagine what kind of disgusting lies they could potentially tell to you in the future.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 PM

153 posts, read 521,414 times
M

Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,485,616 times
Quote:
I gave her one glance up and down and told her this won't work out, then left the bar. She did text me later, but I was done with her. Whats the protocol in these situations.
Whatever the protocol is, it isn't that. What disgusting behavior. Who the heck raised you?

Old 09-18-2013, 07:25 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,015,865 times
Quote:
The decent thing is to not lie in your pics or profile. Not my fault that her profile was not representative of her at all. People who lie don't deserve respect or decency. If you went to a job interview and they lied on their ad to the point where it was a completely different job, you would be pissed, rightfully so. You don't treat insecure liars with special respect that they don't deserve.
I'm sure you did not mention you are a shallow and arrogant a$$hat in your online dealings with this girl, so you lied too, by omission.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:26 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,015,865 times
Quote:
I have no regrets. She wasted my time so I wasn't going to waste anymore time on her. Why sink more time in a lost cause?
You wasted hers, too. I fail to see how you are the victim here.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
And why should I accept that? I don't like liars. I like honesty. I have a lot of respect for people who are honest even if the honesty would hurt them. IF someone is willing to lie to themselves, just imagine what kind of disgusting lies they could potentially tell to you in the future.
Her "lie" paled in comparison to your rude behavior and bad manners. Your handling of the situation was very juvenile. Perhaps you should spend more time on your people skills before attempting date.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:35 PM

206 posts, read 255,146 times
Quote:
So do I......so do I.

It always hurts me............But it never changes.

You'd think they would give up by now.

That's "it".

Old 09-18-2013, 07:49 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,030,010 times
She needs an updated picture, I'll give you that, but you still win the Douche Canoe of the Year Award. Karma will pay you back

Old 09-18-2013, 07:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
I kinda doubt you were everything she'd hoped or expected, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships