Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 02:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,210,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Agian what does that mean? Do I have to get written consent from a woman before I sleep with her? Do I have to have a video/audio recording of me asking "would you like to have sex now" and her resonding "yes I would"? No woman I have ever slept with has ever verbally consented to having sex with me, it just happend in the heat of the moment. And if she didn't she would either say so, or physically stop me.

Examples of consent:

Let's do it!

I want you.

Oh, yeah, baby.

Do you have a condom?

NOT an example of consent:

An impaired, unresponsive woman lying there while you put your penis in her or touch her body in a sexual manner with no thought or inquiry as to whether she is actually aware of what is going on.

The OP was inebriated. That means she was impaired. Impaired people cannot give consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Unconscious huh? Yet she remembers everything, even the small details. Regret is not rape. She is turning to the female support group that is CD to rationalize her drunken mistake regret into something she couldn't have controlled and blame a man for her poor choices. Simple as that
PAY ATTENTION: I wasn't speaking of the OP, so you are out of context.

It's truly horrifying that you two, and a few other young guys on here, don't know what the concept of consent entails. Both of you, and the others, need some serious education in sexual ethics.

Take it from Yale, emphasis mine: Definitions of Sexual Misconduct, Consent and Harassment | Sexual Misconduct Response at Yale

Quote:
Definition of Sexual Consent

Sexual activity requires consent, which is defined as positive, unambiguous, and voluntary agreement to engage in specific sexual activity throughout a sexual encounter. Consent cannot be inferred from the absence of a "no"; a clear "yes," verbal or otherwise, is necessary. Consent to some sexual acts does not imply consent to others, nor does past consent to a given act imply present or future consent. Consent must be ongoing throughout a sexual encounter and can be revoked at any time.

Consent cannot be obtained by threat, coercion, or force. Agreement under such circumstances does not constitute consent.

Consent cannot be obtained from someone who is asleep or otherwise mentally or physically incapacitated, whether due to alcohol, drugs, or some other condition. A person is mentally or physically incapacitated when that person lacks the ability to make or act on considered decisions to engage in sexual activity. Engaging in sexual activity with a person whom you know -- or reasonably should know -- to be incapacitated constitutes sexual misconduct.
If you are putting your penis in women or touching them sexually when they are half-passed out drunk, you are rapists and scumbags, end of story.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:56 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,551,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
I'll pose the question I implied in an earlier post: If both parties are intoxicated when sexual contact takes place, which of the two is the rapist, and who gets to be the victim? Do we test them both and put the one with the lowest BAC in prison? To go beyond that: What should be the legal BAC level for consent to sexual contact?
Whether it's fair or not, in most cases, the female will be the victim. Most people will assume a male is stronger and should be able to stop if he so desires. In the OP's case, he was less intoxicated and basically did all the work while the OP was laying there. She was in no shape to give any kind of consent.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:03 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Examples of consent:

Let's do it!

I want you.

Oh, yeah, baby.

Do you have a condom?

NOT an example of consent:

An impaired, unresponsive woman lying there while you put your penis in her or touch her body in a sexual manner with no thought or inquiry as to whether she is actually aware of what is going on.

The OP was inebriated. That means she was impaired. Impaired people cannot give consent.

PAY ATTENTION: I wasn't speaking of the OP, so you are out of context.

It's truly horrifying that you two, and a few other young guys on here, don't know what the concept of consent entails. Both of you, and the others, need some serious education in sexual ethics.

Take it from Yale, emphasis mine: Definitions of Sexual Misconduct, Consent and Harassment | Sexual Misconduct Response at Yale

If you are putting your penis in women or touching them sexually when they are half-passed out drunk, you are rapists and scumbags, end of story.
Lol.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I have to reply to this because I feel you are misunderstanding the situation.

First of all, he was sober. He did not drink as much as I did, he had had about 2 drinks and a big meal. I had had at least 7 drinks and was either drugged or he had deliberately given me an extremely strong drink.

You can't blame his behavior on alcohol because he was sober. It was very early when I passed out, about 9:00 pm, right after we had gotten back from dinner and right after I began drinking the drink he gave me.

Second of all, I did not choose to give him sex. I never consented. I fell asleep fully clothed and he undressed me and had sex with me while I was practically unconscious. How is that me "choosing" to have sex? True I didn't punch him in the face, but I was incapacitated and likely drugged and half unconscious. Is it ok to have sex with someone because they are unconscious and can't say no. Is someone not saying no and punching you mean by default that they are saying yes? What if they are unconscious and not responding to you at all? That makes it ok to stick your d*ck in them? That means the woman "chose" to have sex? How did I choose to have sex? Simply by getting sick and passing out fully clothed in my own bed and not having the strength in a drugged state to defend myself against a sexual predator?
Honey, you don't need to justify your feelings of violation to these pigs. Seriously. Anyone who doubts that putting a penis in a woman who can barely move is rape is an animal.

Some of the little boys on here masquerading as men have parents who failed them. No good father in his right mind would EVER teach their sons the disgusting vomit that is spewing forth from their keyboards. It makes me wonder what kind of prosecutable sexual offenses they've committed, themselves.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:09 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,551,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Consent can be nonverbal as well. If she's an active participant in the foreplay, and she makes no move to stop you as you penetrate her, you can call that consent.
I don't necessarily agree with this. A person can withdraw consent at any point. A person just laying there might be in shock because it's going further than intended. If it was me, I'd ask if anything was wrong or do you want to stop?

Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Honey, you don't need to justify your feelings of violation to these pigs. Seriously. Anyone who is doubts that putting a penis in a woman who can barely move is rape is an animal.

Some of the little boys on here masquerading as men have parents who failed them. No good father in his right mind would EVER teach their sons the disgusting vomit that is spewing forth from their keyboards. It makes me wonder what kind of prosecutable sexual offenses they've committed, themselves.
Lol. Chill lady. I dony condone raping women or hooking up with passed out rag dolls.

What I do think, based on her story and this thread, is that she is full of it and just regrets her decisions and is trying to rationalize that regret away by absolving herself of any responsibility in the situation by crying rape

Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I don't necessarily agree with this. A person can withdraw consent at any point. A person just laying there might be in shock because it's going further than intended. If it was me, I'd ask if anything was wrong or do you want to stop?
My guess is that if it was you, you wouldn't take the clothes off a woman who is asleep in the first place.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Lol. Chill lady. I dony condone raping women or hooking up with passed out rag dolls.

What I do think, based on her story and this thread, is that she is full of it and just regrets her decisions and is trying to rationalize that regret away by absolving herself of any responsibility in the situation by crying rape
You are a proponent of rape culture. You spew the blame-the-victim party line verbatim.

She explained very clearly what went on. Because she remembers it does not mean she gave consent.

You need a psychiatrist, big time. Your constant vitriol spewed toward any woman who calls a man to task for behaving like a barbarian speaks of a sick, twisted mind that needs intense therapy.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
You are a proponent of rape culture. You spew the blame-the-victim party line verbatim.

She explained very clearly what went on. Because she remembers it does not mean she gave consent.

You need a psychiatrist, big time. Your constant vitriol spewed toward any woman who calls a man to task for behaving like a barbarian speaks of a sick, twisted mind that needs intense therapy.
Hahahahaha typical. I don't believe some alcoholic chick who regrets giving it up to her crush so easily and now I support rape. Typical.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I support rape.
Admitting it is the first step. Now go see a therapist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.