Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:51 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,867,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I really am going to lay low for awhile though and stop trying to date. No more OLD. I think that's where I get myself in trouble and need to stop--in thinking that I need to be with someone. This one seemed so great at first though--we could talk about anything--shared interests in common that I can't imagine anyone else having. I thought he was delightfully eccentric but not crazy. Boy was I wrong.
Apparently I can't seem to stop myself lol. I have 3 dates this weekend with different men. Well if you fall off the horse. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Google borderline personality disorder.

Well, you are not "DUMB", BPD sufferers are usually very charming, attractive people. It is when they "split" - view you either as all good or all bad, they become completely different people.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

Good luck to you
Yes, I did that and it fits really well. I'm not sure if I understand about the split, but I know one day I was the angel of his dreams and then he made this horrid comment about me being grotesquely obese though I'm 30 lbs overweight and then he denied that there could possibly be anything hurtful in what he said and told me he used to head up an eating disorder clinic and that was my first clue that something was horribly wrong. Well there were other things too but they were smaller and I just decided I'd keep an eye on them "for now." Yikes. After I called him on the weight comment, all hell broke loose.

I'm glad I didn't completely fall for him--there was this little niggle of doubt but I assumed it was just me afraid to be with someone else after having been married so long and I kept wondering why I hit a plateau when clearly everything was so "perfect." Someone was watching out for me.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:05 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,322,560 times
Violent people aren't afraid to use violence. If he's as smart as you say, he could very well have privately 'upped' the ante and intimidated you into silence. Doesn't mean he's not violent, just means he would have done it already. And to add more: having guns doesn't make you violent. I live in TX, it has a lot of guns, and I find people here are really friendly. And while you are entitled to being afraid, it doesn't sound grounded or supportable. His 'private conversations' may be just that - most of his acts are attention getting, there's another one.

Congratulations on three dates, hopefully one's a winner so you won't have to look back. Best of luck to you.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
Violent people aren't afraid to use violence. If he's as smart as you say, he could very well have privately 'upped' the ante and intimidated you into silence. Doesn't mean he's not violent, just means he would have done it already. And to add more: having guns doesn't make you violent. I live in TX, it has a lot of guns, and I find people here are really friendly. And while you are entitled to being afraid, it doesn't sound grounded or supportable. His 'private conversations' may be just that - most of his acts are attention getting, there's another one.

Congratulations on three dates, hopefully one's a winner so you won't have to look back. Best of luck to you.
I'm not very afraid at this point but I don't think it would be wise to assume he's not going to do anything either. As you probably know, crazy people are not 100% crazy at all times and it peaks and troughs so who knows what could set him off. Also, I'm very aware that having guns does not make you violent or I never would have dated him in the first place. By the same token though I don't exactly rest comfortable at night knowing that there are plenty of crazy people out there with guns. Do I think all guns should be taken away from people? No of course not but they should probably not let crazy people have them. This man has a son too, who has full access to those guns. No I'm not afraid of the son but I'm afraid for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships