Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainswalker View Post
I guess I should also mention, while having the conversations we had before we got engaged, it was never a deal breaker then. It was well whatever happens happens, with both of us okay with the possibility, him leaning more towards a family, and me more towards not.

It's only a deal breaker 4 years later.
No, it was a deal-breaker then. You two simply chose to delay the inevitable results of the deal-breaker. You're paying the piper now instead of paying back then.

Hopefully you've learned not to be so casual about such a fundamentally crucial issue with future relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 09:39 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He didn't imply op's man is a bad person. He said, "find a man who deserves you." op's man can find a woman who deserve him too.

Nobody said they are bad people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Get a man who deserves you, OP. Others will judge you. Misery loves company.
Why did not he say that in the first place? The whole misery loves company part made it seem like the guy is a bad person.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
People need to be on the same page. Both need to want kids or not.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:44 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Why did not he say that in the first place? The whole misery loves company part made it seem like the guy is a bad person.
Gee Did you read the post where OP says she has tons of genetic issues. She is wondering if she should bring a potentially sick kid to the world.

My ex's doctors never thought having children is a good idea. His life is a living hell right now, chemotherapy after chemotherapy. His child is going to deal with the same damn thing. Why bring a child to the world just to suffer?

Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
She did. He understood that. Point the gun at him not her. I don't care what you thought. You want to defend the guy who wants to breed then fine but I wasn't attacking him.
Quote:
Gee Did you read the post where OP says she has tons of genetic issues. She is wondering if she should bring a potentially sick kid to the world.

My ex's doctors never thought having children is a good idea. His life is a living hell right now, chemotherapy after chemotherapy. His child is going to deal with the same damn thing. Why bring a child to the world just to suffer?
It gives their own life meaning. Flipping pathetic is all. The human race has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
So, since no one seems to have brought it up, I will...OP is 21. I didn't know what I wanted at 21 long term. I had an idea, and a good framework, but some of that has changed and shifted as life has dealt me my cards. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't divorce a husband out of a marriage that seems to be working in the interim until you're sure. At 21, you have a few years to figure out the proper course of action for you, and whats fairest to you and your husband. It might very well be that you get divorced, but it also may be a year or two or three from now that you decide to have a family. I might catch flak for what I'm going to say, but you also might get the "baby rabies" as it was called earlier when you see friends and peers having babies.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything...

The OP's husband isn't a bad or undeserving person because he wants children. The OP's husband isn't your ex. The OP isn't a bad person either. But saying that she should find someone that deserves her does imply that the OP's husband is somehow unworthy of her simply because he desires children and she doesn't.

Like I said before - assigning blame is pointless. There is no blame - just two people who want different things out of life. And people can throw around things like it's selfish to want children or it's selfish to not want children - but none of that matters either. People want certain things out of life - and you can't have half a child.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:54 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything...

The OP's husband isn't a bad or undeserving person because he wants children. The OP's husband isn't your ex. The OP isn't a bad person either. But saying that she should find someone that deserves her does imply that the OP's husband is somehow unworthy of her simply because he desires children and she doesn't.

Like I said before - assigning blame is pointless. There is no blame - just two people who want different things out of life. And people can throw around things like it's selfish to want children or it's selfish to not want children - but none of that matters either. People want certain things out of life - and you can't have half a child.
well, op's husband married a woman with genetic issues. She has valid concerns (doesn't want to bring a potentially sick kid to the world just to suffer) NOBODY said they are bad people.

So is OP's man a good person to give op Ultimatum ? either give me a sick kid or divorce?

Old 10-07-2013, 09:55 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:
well, op's husband married a woman with genetic issues. She has valid concerns (doesn't want to bring a potentially sick kid to the world just to suffer) NOBODY said they are bad people.

So is OP's man a good person to give op Ultimatum ? either give me a sick kid or divorce?
This is the one time where I would be quite amused to see him divorce her and she takes him to the cleaners.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:

It's not about being good or bad. And there are no guarantees that the children would be sick. You need to separate your ex from this thread. It's not about your ex.

This is simply about two people that want different things out of life. It's a sad situation but I just don't see how anyone is deserving of the blame. Some people are adamant about not wanting children and then change their mind. Some people think they want children and then change their mind. We only have this one life to lead. It's sad when people aren't on the same page - but having children is one thing in which there really is no way to compromise if two people feel really strongly about their wants - and their wants aren't the same. If someone really wants children and a family - they should have that opportunity. If someone really doesn't want children - they shouldn't be forced to have them. Unfortunately, sometimes things just don't work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships