Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:22 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
Tell him she(you) needs some space at the moment, you can even make some BS excuse. The truth is you want space, not that you want to just be friends.
No, not space, just slow down to get to know each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,056,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

If you were a woman, how would you recommend she phrase her request to slow down (note: she likes the guy)?
I always appreciate the direct, honest route.

I like you, but I feel things are moving pretty fast right now. Let's take things a bit slower for the moment. I am ok with X, but want to wait a bit for Y.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:05 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
They don't care about a guy "moving so fast" if they're actually attracted to him.
Exactly. Slow down to get to know means that they can think they can do better or are not really attracted but maybe they'll give you a chance.

If it's a hot stud, she's telling all the ladies at the office that she has a date with a hot guy before she knows anything about him.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:06 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times
Now, from what I have seen, 'space' always means 'break up'. And I think srjth means the opposite.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:10 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I always appreciate the direct, honest route.

I like you, but I feel things are moving pretty fast right now. Let's take things a bit slower for the moment. I am ok with X, but want to wait a bit for Y.
Yeah that is best but people don't always know to say those words and may say something else like "let's be friends" but mean slow down.

Anyways, I was just trying to provide another perspective to consider but if you guys want to argue against it, go for it.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:39 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,301,533 times
"I can't remember" means I know, but you won't like the answer.

"We are separated" means person and their SO had a fight.
"Divorce is being finalized" means person is considering filing for divorce.

When a guy says:
"Maybe" he means no.
"My house is a mess" he means "there is a woman living in my house that I don't want you to know about"
"I have a lot going on at work this month" he means "I'm spooked, I don't want to see you any more than once a week for the foreseeable future.

When a woman says:
"Sometimes you talk too much" she means "shut up and take your pants off."
"I don't want to talk about that now" means "I don't want to talk about that ever"
"My mother wants grandchildren" she means "I want to have a baby."

Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
Yea When a dude says he's seperated from his wife 9/10 the wife doesn't know this

Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,432,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
They don't care about a guy "moving so fast" if they're actually attracted to him.
Oh they do. You have a lot to learn.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:57 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
"Emotionally unavailable"=Attractive guy I can't get to commit to me

Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 PM

181 posts, read 192,357 times
Here is some stuff I have heard from ladies

"He is a committment phobe" - He is not that into me but we are sleeping together because he has not found the right girl yet and i am putting up with it because I don't have anyone else either.
"He wants to move things slow" - This is just a sexual thing between us, no hopes for a relationship.
"He just got out of a long term relationship" - He wants to sleep around with as many woman as possible, until in the distance future he will meet the one.
"I like him as a friend" - No way in hell that guy is for me.

Here is from men:
"Let's do something next week (without a date being specified)" - "Only if I do not have anyone better, i will contact you last minute"
"I want to travel and see the world" - I am in no mood for a serious relationship, marriage, kids.
"She is needy" - "I do not like her that much, it is just sex, but I led her on, so she keeps calling me and asking to hang out, I need to break it off before she expects a relationship".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships