Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2018, 02:08 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times

Advertisements

"Idiots breed like rabbits" is rather insulting. But yes, number of children coordinates with higher socioeconomic class. Generally, higher SES couples have fewer children.

In this crowded world it makes sense for people in general to have an average 2 children per couple. That would tend towards a constant population, a goal that many of us consider good. Many problems that mankind faces are related to the size of the population.

I think we have quite enough people on this planet.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:17 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'm 23 years old, been single for 5 years and from the looks of things, It's gonna be that way until I die. Don't get me wrong I don't hate women even though my experiences with them haven't been good. I always hear this saying "Man wasn't meant to be alone." I feel that I'm meant to be alone in this life. I don't believe there is a woman out there for me at all, it doesn't make me sad I just accept it. I've never even approached a woman or asked one out, It's scary so I don't try. I will not have a girlfriend, will never have sex, will not get married, and will never had kids (I had a vascetomy already). Are some men just meant to be alone?
First, I believe the saying is, “A man is not complete until he gets married. Then he’s finished.”

Well, you helped fulfill your prophetic goal by limited you having kids by getting snipped.

You have one left. Get rid of the attitude and make it happen.

Pay for the hot girls meal behind you in the drive thru.

Strike up a conversation with everyone you find attractive.

“Hi, I’m (insert your name) what’s yours?”

Then ALWAYS say , “that’s a pretty name.”

Old 10-02-2018, 02:22 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Intelligent people, similar to beautiful people, don't need to declare this, as it is evidenced by those around them.
If one is very intelligent and decides the world shall be populated with idiots, because they are too smart to contribute to the quality of mankind and the generations to come, this is not proof of high IQ, but of low EQ.
Some people are happy to be alone, those who aren't don't have the EQ to do anything about it.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
First, I believe the saying is, “A man is not complete until he gets married. Then he’s finished.”

Well, you helped fulfill your prophetic goal by limited you having kids by getting snipped.

You have one left. Get rid of the attitude and make it happen.

Strike up a conversation with everyone you find attractive.

“Hi, I’m (insert your name) what’s yours?”

Then ALWAYS say , “that’s a pretty name.”
Do you mean it? You really like the name Chloris?

Old 10-02-2018, 02:31 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Do you mean it? You really like the name Chloris?
Seinfeld skit.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:51 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Why on Earth would you do that? That's delusional!

Kick it up a notch and pay the grocery bill for the woman ahead of you in line, but do strike up a convo first!

Or even better, PayPal it to me!

Old 10-02-2018, 04:09 PM

71 posts, read 36,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Why on Earth would you do that? That's delusional!

Kick it up a notch and pay the grocery bill for the woman ahead of you in line, but do strike up a convo first!

Or even better, PayPal it to me!
Now that's how to give solid advice

Old 10-02-2018, 05:11 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
My own mother has said more than once “you may be just too damn smart to want to have children.” When you get beyond face value, it would make sense that a highly educated and highly analytical type like myself could never get beyond the opportunity cost and the time and financial investment of parenting to actually want to do it.
How can you look at tiny brand new human being and start calculating opportunity costs?

Old 10-02-2018, 05:37 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
How can you look at tiny brand new human being and start calculating opportunity costs?
When I have to think about how I’m going to feed, educate, clothe, and protect that tiny human being and what I’m going have to give up to do it. That’s how.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:55 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
It's called reality. If more people considered it before breeding, they'd rip the batteries out of their biological clocks and throw them away.

Whatever benefits a spouse may bring, they also have the potential to complicate life as much as they (supposedly) enrich it. Children do the same only more so. That's reason enough for this little black duck to keep well away from either possibility.

I do like kids, but I could never eat a whole one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships