Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 AM

105 posts, read 247,161 times

Advertisements

I live in a small town with barely over a thousand people that mostly contains young families in developments. I have to get out of there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
Your posts never make any sense to me because they're mostly just weird rationalizations based on incorrect semantic arguments. But that's just my take on it.

Ok. Semantics are important. Definitions of words matter a lot when people are trying to have discussions. I have no idea what you may perceive as "incorrect" in your head.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 AM

878 posts, read 943,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
They were too easily manipulated by what society thinks they should do by getting married to someone who wasn't compatible for them. They were (are) weak minded.
Not only that, they bought into a script that quit serving the human race about three billion people ago.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:35 AM

529 posts, read 702,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ok. Semantics are important. Definitions of words matter a lot when people are trying to have discussions. I have no idea what you may perceive as "incorrect" in your head.
I mean "incorrect" in that you just define words any way you want. In other words, when we talk about promiscuity, you just define it as "I can sleep with a bunch of people and it's not promiscuous behavior because I consider it normal, so let's just call it normal behavior." That's fine if that's how you want to rationalize it, but it also makes your posts irrelevant because someone reading them is like "oh, OK, this guy isn't promiscuous" when in fact you are.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:39 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,928,782 times
Quote:

If a person is divorced and didn't make the wrong choice in who they married,
I have no idea what that means.
Its not like there is a spouse store and you choose a husband/wife from the shelf. Your not buying a car, there are emotions involved. Usually you meet someone, seem to have commonalities, are attracted to that person, fall in love and get married. Often we are blinded by love, discount negative attributes and of course people change and grow apart. Is it really that hard to understand?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
I mean "incorrect" in that you just define words any way you want. In other words, when we talk about promiscuity, you just define it as "I can sleep with a bunch of people and it's not promiscuous behavior because I consider it normal, so let's just call it normal behavior." That's fine if that's how you want to rationalize it, but it also makes your posts irrelevant because someone reading them is like "oh, OK, this guy isn't promiscuous" when in fact you are.

Actually, I didn't define promiscuity at all. I asked you to define it and you refused to.

Please don't put words in my mouth (especially with quotes, which have a purpose) or attribute statements to me, even in paraphrase, that I did not make. That is quite rude and exceptionally disingenuous if you're trying to have a discussion. Thank you.

And thanks for calling me promiscuous. You don't know me and you refuse to define the term.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Its not like there is a spouse store and you choose a husband/wife from the shelf. Your not buying a car, there are emotions involved. Usually you meet someone, seem to have commonalities, are attracted to that person, fall in love and get married. Often we are blinded by love, discount negative attributes and of course people change and grow apart. Is it really that hard to understand?
There sort of is a spouse store. I mean, there's a reason you stop looking and get married, or at least I presume there is. If not, someone should let me know.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:43 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,739,557 times
Way too many lovely and sweet women.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And thanks for calling me promiscuous. You don't know me and you refuse to define the term.
I've read your posts, dude. Don't kid yourself, you're either into self-promotion and rampant exaggeration or you're promiscuous by anyone's definition. Every thread you're talking about how you're getting action of lots of women and now all of a sudden you're like "no, you're putting words in my mouth."

Old 10-17-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I've read your posts, dude. Don't kid yourself, you're either into self-promotion and rampant exaggeration or you're promiscuous by anyone's definition. Every thread you're talking about how you're getting action of lots of women and now all of a sudden you're like "no, you're putting words in my mouth."

Excuse me. But where did I say I'm getting action by lots of women? I've never said any such thing.If you can't stop lying, I suggest you stop posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships