Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 06:23 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Its not so much about who ages better. Its all about how attractive the opposite sex finds you. For a woman, 18-24 is that prime, and after that its downhill. For men, its often the opposite where men are found to be most attractive in their 30s and 40s. It doesnt mean there are no beautiful and stunning women who are older. It simply means theuir 18-24 year old versions were that much more attractive to men. The end.
Fortunately, women in their 40s and 50s can date and find mutual attraction with men in their 40s and 50s, and no one thinks they are "missing out" on anything. You will understand when you are older. Maybe.

Last edited by zentropa; 10-25-2013 at 06:33 PM..

Old 10-25-2013, 06:25 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Fortunately, women in their 40s and 50s can date and fine mutual attraction with men in their 40s and 50s, and no one thinks they are "missing out" on anything. You will understand when you are older. Maybe.
you didn't actually reply to what he said. you replied to what you thought he said. he never said anything about people older than forty being unable to date each other and be happy and feel attractive

Old 10-25-2013, 06:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Its not so much about who ages better. Its all about how attractive the opposite sex finds you. For a woman, 18-24 is that prime, and after that its downhill. For men, its often the opposite where men are found to be most attractive in their 30s and 40s. It doesnt mean there are no beautiful and stunning women who are older. It simply means theuir 18-24 year old versions were that much more attractive to men. The end.
Keep telling yourself that.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:27 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
You've got it the wrong way around.

Where I come from the saying is "women age like fine wine, men like milk".

How strange.

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
You're funny. Honestly - I doubt you could tell a difference in a 23 year old and a 28 year old. I'm not saying that 50 year old woman looks the same as a 22 year old - but I think it's funny when people talk about a woman's looks going down hill at 24. I didn't look much different until my mid 30's - and I'd say I looked my best around 31 or 32. But if it makes you feel better - then you can think whatever you want!

81 posts, read 145,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
Steve-O (from the show Jackass) is 37 yrs old and did tons of drugs for years. He looks like he could be 21 yrs old.
I don't think you know what 21 year olds look like. Steve looks 30-something.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:28 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
This graph is making the rounds on the web. It's a graph that compares the sexual value of men and women over their lifetime. SMV stands for "sexual market value."

https://rationalmale.files.wordpress...smv_curve1.jpg

Is it true? Do women peak in their late teens/early twenties in terms of looks and then rapidly lose their looks after their mid 20s?

These manosphere bloggers use the term "The Wall" to refer to the point in which a woman's looks only degrade.

This (wordy) blogger explains the concept:

The Wall |
I honestly cannot think of anything on the planet that is less important than a persons's sexual market value. LOL please.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-25-2013, 06:30 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They think any woman over the age of 23 looks like a 90 year old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What exactly do these young, inexperienced men here think a 40 or 50-year-old woman is naturally supposed to look like? Men and women can be attractive at any age, even when they look their age.
are we reading the same thread? where is this coming from? quotations preferred, because i'm reading statements like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
surface level physical attractiveness aging is a bit gentler on men overall
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
looks or health? If we are talking health it seems women age better as we men tend to be harder on our bodies in our youth. If we are talking looks then its not really a fair comparison. The value our society places on looks impacts women more negatively
Quote:
It doesnt mean there are no beautiful and stunning women who are older

Old 10-25-2013, 06:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
i'd say that there's more people who sour like milk than age like a fine wine.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They just want women to sleep with them so these guys try to lower their self esteem and make them feel worthless so they'll stoop to the PUA/manosphere guys level and sleep with them. It's a form of abuse and manipulation, nothing more.

Plus, these guys all think they're entitled to and deserve a ridiculously hot supermodel because they have major issues. Anyone else is subject to ridicule and harassment.
Yeah, that's pretty much the bottom line.

This kind of thinking just goes for making them less attractive. It's a petty and vindictive temper tantrum. I'm just wondering how very disappointed they will be when they do get to my age. If they drink their own kool-aid, it's going to be a pretty bitter scene when they hit 40. Imagine their shock when the women their age are not crying and throwing themselves at their feet, and the 20-somethings don't all care about money, and "status" and want to date the old dude.

I would suggest that they try to raise themselves up as opposed to putting women down, but I can't see that burst of enlightenment helping. Unfortunately.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships