Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 05:39 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He runs his own computer-game company
I read this and I thought, 'Sounds hot!'

I am such a geek .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 05:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I read this and I thought, 'Sounds hot!'

I am such a geek .
You should contact him. He's looking for a wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
i don't ever talk about my problems IRL, mainly because others come to me with there own problems.
I know, right? That's me. I am the person my friends and family tells their problems to IRL and it's a full-time job. I don't have anyone to tell mine to. I'm totally drained.

Last edited by srjth; 10-27-2013 at 05:58 PM..

Old 10-27-2013, 06:12 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
I think people are very different in real life in comparison to the online world , less opinionated in general , text is literal so its difficult to gauge nuance around here , I think people are all in all quite different to how they come across here
I tend to think that people exhibit their whackiest, most negative or angry side of their personalities on forums. People use forums like this to vent a lot of the time or to put stuff out there to discuss among people they don't know rather than their family or friends.

I see lots of whiny posts here from guys, but I am not going to assume they're like that in real life. A lot of men have trouble expressing feelings or emotions, so they most likely keep it locked inside while going about their daily lives, while such issues progressively eat away at them. Perhaps if there was less pressure to man up from an early age? I don't know.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You should contact him. He's looking for a wife.

I know, right? That's me. I am the person my friends and family tells their problems to IRL and it's a full-time job. I don't have anyone to tell mine to. I'm totally drained.
I don't know if I've ever felt drained after my friends tell me what's on there mind, but I have my own problems to address and I don't feel comfortable with going to them because how are they going to help my solve my problems if they come to me with there problems? So I keep it inside, and I have to release it somehow. It comes off as bitterness on here at times I guess, but it's really just me being frustrated and it's a way of me releasing some of that pressure.

FWIW, I'm actually in a pretty good mood and I got to entertain my family while we watched football today and I got to grill hot wings and meatballs for snacks, and my team blew up the Jets!

Old 10-27-2013, 06:23 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
Well having a dead end job and living in poverty does wonders for a man confidence .

Good news I am doing something about it so it not really being a whiners.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_frog View Post
i don't know if i've ever felt drained after my friends tell me what's on there mind, but i have my own problems to address and i don't feel comfortable with going to them because how are they going to help my solve my problems if they come to me with there problems? So i keep it inside, and i have to release it somehow. It comes off as bitterness on here at times i guess, but it's really just me being frustrated and it's a way of me releasing some of that pressure.

Fwiw, i'm actually in a pretty good mood and i got to entertain my family while we watched football today and i got to grill hot wings and meatballs for snacks, and my team blew up the jets!
:d

Old 10-27-2013, 06:48 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't know if I've ever felt drained after my friends tell me what's on there mind, but I have my own problems to address and I don't feel comfortable with going to them because how are they going to help my solve my problems if they come to me with there problems? So I keep it inside, and I have to release it somehow. It comes off as bitterness on here at times I guess, but it's really just me being frustrated and it's a way of me releasing some of that pressure.

FWIW, I'm actually in a pretty good mood and I got to entertain my family while we watched football today and I got to grill hot wings and meatballs for snacks, and my team blew up the Jets!
Yep, totally.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:52 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,076,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Well this is regarding all the posters online who for some reason claimed to have no luck in the dating or relationship world at all and have made thousands of posts about it. What I've noticed is the whiners are mainly male posters. There might be some angry women too but not at the same rate as the male posters lately.
Thats probably because females have a much easier time having sex. So they got it a little bit easier, hence they don't have to come on the forums complaining that they will never have sex.

Women are complaining a lot too, but not about the same things. For instance a lot of women complain about being taken advantage off by sleezy men.

Quote:
I know for sure it's either probably unlikely I'll bump into one of those posters or if I do, I might not recognize him. However, if I were to know who he is and purposely date him for a couple days, will he act different or the same as he presented himself on forums?
If you meet any of the men here in real life you will probably find that he is either very quiet or rude and obnoxious.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:22 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Thats probably because females have a much easier time having sex. So they got it a little bit easier, hence they don't have to come on the forums complaining that they will never have sex.

Women are complaining a lot too, but not about the same things. For instance a lot of women complain about being taken advantage off by sleezy men.

If you meet any of the men here in real life you will probably find that he is either very quiet or rude and obnoxious.
It's not a competition, but being taken advantage of sucks as bad (if not worse) than forced celibacy.

It is easier for people to have the courage to vent about anything on the web under an alias, hence the hostility we see on here

Old 10-27-2013, 07:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
It's not a competition, but being taken advantage of sucks as bad (if not worse) than forced celibacy.

It is easier for people to have the courage to vent about anything on the web under an alias, hence the hostility we see on here
Being used/taken advantage of is a whole lot worse than the feeling that you're being forced to be celibate.

To me, it feels like i'm going to be alone and I'm completely unwanted by women except when they have a man issue.

Being used does damage to a person mentally and it makes them start to think differently, even if someone does something similar and it was meant in the best way possible.

I don't like either, but i don't want to be used and thrown away, that just makes me feel like garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships