Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 01:11 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times

Advertisements

I just made an eggplant lasagna, just bit into it and must say, not bad, not great, but better than a previous attempt where I didn't precook the eggplant and ended having to throw it out. This time is rather tasty.

Now speaking of eggplant, I was at the supermarket and this interesting man walked over to me and asked me how do I prepare eggplant. To be honest, it was a conversation I wasn't really up for, I had less than ten minutes to get out of the store to be in time for my bus. Anyway, I explained how I prepare it and sliced it used it in place of pasta for noodles. He then let me know he was a chef and the name of the restaurant the worked at, (Ritzy location,) I gave my look and said sure you don't know how to prepare eggplant and went about my business as I really didn't have time for more conversation as he was trying to tell me more details. I wish I had more time, as I did think it was funny and I usually enjoy talking to people when they engage me in conversation, as long as I'm not in too much of a hurry to make my bus. Which reminds me, just before reaching the supermarket, some guy asked if I wanted a ride.

My point of this nonsense is, I guess I better enjoy the attention while it's still happening since according to a few around here, at my age, I'm way past my prime and really I have 3yrs 4mths 3wks till that sort of thing stops permanently. Oh well such is life.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:33 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
A water main in our bldg broke this morning and won't be fixed til tomorrow morning..... We're up the old creek as they say....

Old 12-10-2013, 08:17 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Chow...that sucks! I hope they fix it quick!

And completely unrelated, I really want to punch people in the face when they use the term "baby mama"...implying that these women deserve less respect as a human being simply because they had a child. The whole superiority act is really freakin' old and speaks volumes about that person's character.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

And completely unrelated, I really want to punch people in the face when they use the term "baby mama"...implying that these women deserve less respect as a human being simply because they had a child. The whole superiority act is really freakin' old and speaks volumes about that person's character.
Yeah, it does suck, we have a pretty decent hotel within walking distance to our condo complex.

I called about a room, they said that they had some available. When I walked over there and got the room the clerk asking me about my vehicle, I said, no, I lived just down the street and I guess a few people have called with the same story about plumbing problems.. so I wonder how many neighbor we might see there.... LOL...

Getting ready to pack up our crap and shlep over there......

Not the funniest way to have to spend money for a hotel room... I'm used to a hooker and an 8 ball.... but what can you do...

Old 12-10-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, it does suck, we have a pretty decent hotel within walking distance to our condo complex.

I called about a room, they said that they had some available. When I walked over there and got the room the clerk asking me about my vehicle, I said, no, I lived just down the street and I guess a few people have called with the same story about plumbing problems.. so I wonder how many neighbor we might see there.... LOL...

Getting ready to pack up our crap and shlep over there......

Not the funniest way to have to spend money for a hotel room... I'm used to a hooker and an 8 ball.... but what can you do...
Wait, so is your place flooded? How come you have to leave?

Old 12-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:

Chuckle, chuckle. That just sounds so funny coming from you, though I sure do agree with the sentiment. Every time someone uses the term, I'm likely to pass on reading whatever follows. I've picked up some colorful terminology over the past few years, but, BM, is like nails on a chalkboard, annoying.

Last edited by TRosa; 12-10-2013 at 08:48 PM..

Old 12-10-2013, 08:59 PM

Simon didn't say it was ok to use the iggy button on me.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I just made an eggplant lasagna, just bit into it and must say, not bad, not great, but better than a previous attempt where I didn't precook the eggplant and ended having to throw it out. This time is rather tasty.

My point of this nonsense is, I guess I better enjoy the attention while it's still happening since according to a few around here, at my age, I'm way past my prime and really I have 3yrs 4mths 3wks till that sort of thing stops permanently. Oh well such is life.
I love eggplant, hate cooking it though.

Hahaha...let me tell you I get sooooo tired of clueless men in the grocery store. I just want to say "can't you call your mama for questions like this???" Seriously, "what are the best apples?", "what wine do you recommend?", "have you tried these fiber bars?" (and a big WTF with that one. Do I look old enough to want to discuss fiber????) ...here's a novel idea....RESEARCH before you go to the store. Please.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Wait, so is your place flooded? How come you have to leave?
Baby mamma is annoying, but more annoying for me is the term "hook up" and the whole hook up culture mindset....

No the place wasn't flooded, We have no water, the main water to 2 bldgs broke and they turned off the water, won't be back on til 1200 tommorrow, but we need to shower and didn't feel like playing the pee pee dance......

Old 12-10-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Baby mamma is annoying, but more annoying for me is the term "hook up" and the whole hook up culture mindset....

No the place wasn't flooded, We have no water, the main water to 2 bldgs broke and they turned off the water, won't be back on til 1200 tommorrow, but we need to shower and didn't feel like playing the pee pee dance......
LOL...you are "high maintenance"!

That would be the perfect opportunity for me to call in "sick" to work and lounge for the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships