Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenwende View Post
I could probably recommend some and I'm not old. I like granola, protein, and fiber bars for snacks and trail food.

I wouldn't just assume that they are really completely clueless. It could also be an attempt to pick up women at the grocery store. However, I've met just as many women who have tried to strike up grocery conversation as men, so it is probably one of those 'extrovert vs. introvert' things. Some people just like the sound of their own voices so much they have to constantly share with others.
That was the point, the guy was a chef, which he waited till after my preparation spiel to try to strike up a longer conversation of which I really just didn't have time for. When I said, sure you don't know how to prepare eggplant, with this expression he smiled and kept trying to tell me where he worked and all as if it was an open invitation. Normally I'm not sure when someone's flirting, because, I'm approached frequently when I'm out and about, (why me? Your guess is as good as mine,) mostly I just assume people are being friendly and striking up innocent conversations, but this time if was a bit more obvious.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Speaking of Chatty Kathy, a few years ago, when my son was 5, we were at the grocery store, my son proceeded to tell the cashier all about how he didn't have a dad anymore and his gramma died and lots of other things...how I wanted to make him stop
Don't kids say the darnest things? Don't even get me started on my daughter and some of the things she did would say to someone I was going out on a date with after I was no longer with her dad.

Quote:
I noticed whenever I post stuff, no one ever says anything after it, I think I must be the outcast of CD...
Do feel bad, it happens to all of us now and again. I have to do jumping jacks around here sometimes to get someone to speak back. Ain't to proud to beg and they know it. j/k, I know someone is laughing at or with even if they don't say a word.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:54 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,902,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
That was the point, the guy was a chef, which he waited till after my preparation spiel to try to strike up a longer conversation of which I really just didn't have time for. When I said, sure you don't know how to prepare eggplant, with this expression he smiled and kept trying to tell me where he worked and all as if it was an open invitation. Normally I'm not sure when someone's flirting, because, I'm approached frequently when I'm out and about, (why me? Your guess is as good as mine,) mostly I just assume people are being friendly and striking up innocent conversations, but this time if was a bit more obvious.
Ah, sorry. That post seemed orphaned and I thought she was posting a separate rant. Didn't realize it was related to earlier conversation until now.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Ah, sorry. That post seemed orphaned and I thought she was posting a separate rant. Didn't realize it was related to earlier conversation until now.
Well, you would be correct, I should have clarified and said, "That was MY point"

I think part of my point got lost in the original posting somewhere in the process because of the way I presented it the first time around.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:25 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Chow...that sucks! I hope they fix it quick!

And completely unrelated, I really want to punch people in the face when they use the term "baby mama"...implying that these women deserve less respect as a human being simply because they had a child. The whole superiority act is really freakin' old and speaks volumes about that person's character.
Strike a nerve does it?
Quote:
I love eggplant, hate cooking it though.

Hahaha...let me tell you I get sooooo tired of clueless men in the grocery store. I just want to say "can't you call your mama for questions like this???" Seriously, "what are the best apples?", "what wine do you recommend?", "have you tried these fiber bars?" (and a big WTF with that one. Do I look old enough to want to discuss fiber????) ...here's a novel idea....RESEARCH before you go to the store. Please.
They're not clueless they just want to talk to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Baby mamma is annoying, but more annoying for me is the term "hook up" and the whole hook up culture mindset....

No the place wasn't flooded, We have no water, the main water to 2 bldgs broke and they turned off the water, won't be back on til 1200 tommorrow, but we need to shower and didn't feel like playing the pee pee dance......
The overwhelming need to label everything is what I find annoying.
Quote:
I noticed whenever I post stuff, no one ever says anything after it, I think I must be the outcast of CD...
Sometimes you get crickets.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:36 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
I could probably recommend some and I'm not old. I like granola, protein, and fiber bars for snacks and trail food.

I wouldn't just assume that they are really completely clueless. It could also be an attempt to pick up women at the grocery store. However, I've met just as many women who have tried to strike up grocery conversation as men, so it is probably one of those 'extrovert vs. introvert' things. Some people just like the sound of their own voices so much they have to constantly share with others.
Well, yeah except that one has to be pretty clueless if picking out apples is a challenge.

Quote:
Speaking of Chatty Kathy, a few years ago, when my son was 5, we were at the grocery store, my son proceeded to tell the cashier all about how he didn't have a dad anymore and his gramma died and lots of other things...how I wanted to make him stop
Haha...yup. My oldest told his preschool teacher that I told him he could kill himself. Now that's not REALLY what I said, and it's not even how he really interpreted what I said, he just didn't have the vocabulary to express himself clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Strike a nerve does it?

They're not clueless they just want to talk to you!
Yes, it strikes a nerve with me. It's disrespectful and it's used as a put down.
No...I'm not thinking they want to talk specifically to ME...they are just clueless. I'm sure their wife sent them to the store for x, y and z and their pantry at home and the grocery store are foreign territory to them. They have no clue what is usually bought and they wander the store in random patterns because they can't figure out where the syrup is.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Well, yeah except that one has to be pretty clueless if picking out apples is a challenge.

Haha...yup. My oldest told his preschool teacher that I told him he could kill himself. Now that's not REALLY what I said, and it's not even how he really interpreted what I said, he just didn't have the vocabulary to express himself clearly.

Yes, it strikes a nerve with me. It's disrespectful and it's used as a put down.
No...I'm not thinking they want to talk specifically to ME...they are just clueless. I'm sure their wife sent them to the store for x, y and z and their pantry at home and the grocery store are foreign territory to them. They have no clue what is usually bought and they wander the store in random patterns because they can't figure out where the syrup is.
Pffft! It's one of the oldest tricks in the book right up there with laundry.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:48 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Pffft! It's one of the oldest tricks in the book right up there with laundry.
No, these are not pick up lines. I'm telling you, it's just clueless men.

They usually have a list and wander the store because they rarely step foot inside. At least when I give my husband a list I am descriptive AND I tell him what aisle it's in (if it's not obvious) so he's not wandering the store asking some random woman "what's a tomatillo and where do I find it?"

Old 12-11-2013, 05:16 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
The overwhelming need to label everything is what I find annoying.
The path to enlightenment says to disengage the mind...aka, stop labeling ****...

Quote:
Sometimes you get crickets.
My best work seems to go unanswered....

Old 12-11-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
No, these are not pick up lines. I'm telling you, it's just clueless men.

They usually have a list and wander the store because they rarely step foot inside. At least when I give my husband a list I am descriptive AND I tell him what aisle it's in (if it's not obvious) so he's not wandering the store asking some random woman "what's a tomatillo and where do I find it?"
Ok, fine have it your way killjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The path to enlightenment says to disengage the mind...aka, stop labeling ****...

My best work seems to go unanswered....

Ditto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships