Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 03:13 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,021,320 times

Advertisements

Hi folks, I just dropped in to say hello .

I've been mostly hanging out on google+ lately, same username. If any of y'all feel like it, friend me over there! I miss all y'all, but the sophmoric stuff in the non-chat threads here got to me.

New year hugs, all around .

Old 01-13-2014, 03:16 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,894,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

I've been mostly hanging out on google+ lately, same username. If any of y'all feel like it, friend me over there! I miss all y'all, but the sophmoric stuff in the non-chat threads here got to me.

Google plus? I haven't used that in ages.

Last edited by SD4020; 01-13-2014 at 03:28 PM..

Old 01-13-2014, 03:17 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,252,207 times
Quote:

You've actually been called out in a number of threads for your opinion since your hiatus.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:26 PM

Saw this on Twitter and I have to say it's one way to approach your mate. Not sure you can access it without an account though.

https://twitter.com/EmrgencyKittens/.../photo/1/large

Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,117,609 times
It is taking all my energy not to injure my child right now. He has a D in English and the end of the quarter is Friday. With no assessments left, he's stuck with a D. NOT because he doesn't understand the content, that I can forgive to an extent, but because he didn't hand in assignments!

I just stripped him of everything in his world. Took away his phone and tablet, he has no access to the playstation, TV or computer (unless it's an assignment). If it plugs in, it's gone. There is no outside with friends and there are no school events (dances and crap) for the entire 3rd quarter. If his report card isn't all A's and B's next quarter, the punishment continues into the 4th quarter. I'm so F&*#%^@ pissed at him right now.

Ohhhh...and he has no bedroom door because he had a pissy fit and slammed it.

He's sitting across from me, petting the dog and I'm so pissed I might ban him from doing that too!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:37 PM

8,759 posts, read 9,494,695 times
Quote:

Hi NilaJ, nice to see you around, hope the new year has been good for you so far.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
It is taking all my energy not to injure my child right now. He has a D in English and the end of the quarter is Friday. With no assessments left, he's stuck with a D. NOT because he doesn't understand the content, that I can forgive to an extent, but because he didn't hand in assignments!

I just stripped him of everything in his world. Took away his phone and tablet, he has no access to the playstation, TV or computer (unless it's an assignment). If it plugs in, it's gone. There is no outside with friends and there are no school events (dances and crap) for the entire 3rd quarter. If his report card isn't all A's and B's next quarter, the punishment continues into the 4th quarter. I'm so F&*#%^@ pissed at him right now.

He's sitting across from me, petting the dog and I'm so pissed I might ban him from doing that too!

You sound exactly like my sister in law. Same situation - not handing in assignments. I went to visit them for a week and I can't tell you how many times I saw her storming down the hall with his X-Box in her hand.

He needed a drawing to go with one of his assignments and I was showing him how to do it. The little turd handed in my sketch, not his own, for the assignment.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:39 PM

8,759 posts, read 9,494,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

Ahhhhhhh, so sorry, cyber hug.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,117,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You sound exactly like my sister in law. Same situation - not handing in assignments. I went to visit them for a week and I can't tell you how many times I saw her storming down the hall with his X-Box in her hand.

He needed a drawing to go with one of his assignments and I was showing him how to do it. The little turd handed in my sketch, not his own, for the assignment.
...so what did you get on his assignment? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Ahhhhhhh, so sorry, cyber hug.
Thanks. I needed that!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,045,251 times
I can understand the anger because what the kid did were all stupid decisions.

That being said, if you were my mom, and expected A's and B's across my report cards, and did this same thing to me, I'd never had had any privileges in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships