Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 07:08 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Hey stranger.

My son is wanting to rent a movie tonight. I'm not sure what is out there anymore though. They are at a tough age where they are too mature for kiddie movies, but not mature enough for a lot of the other movies out there.
How old are your sons?

PS, even if I knewtheir ages, I got nothing, in mind, at the moment. Probably would be better getting a recommedation from the younger crowd.

OK, I'm not going to pull another NYE and pretend I'm almost out of here. Movie here I come.

Sixy, I hope you and the boys find a good movie you'll all enjoy.

Chow glad to see you are holding up and Mrs Chow know's I'm thinking of her and not just at commercial breaks. Well there aren't any commercials on the movies, but you get my drift. Give her a hug for me please.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:13 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
How old are your sons?
The kiddies are: 14, 13, 11 and 9

The 11 and 9 are still satisfied with kiddie movies (we just saw Frozen) but the olders are over the cartoons. I will say that there is a lot I won't let them see, at least compared to what their friends are allowed to view (or so I've been told, by them...lol).

Old 01-11-2014, 07:18 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Quote:
I wear 2 bras to run. It's the only solution I've come up with. I've never had much luck with sports bras, even when they are designed for a larger chest.

I wear this:
Playtex | Bras | Styles | 5222

And then put this over it:
Women's High-Impact Keyhole-Back Bra : Womens Sports Bras | Danskin

One is a racerback and one is a traditional strap...it's the only combination that keeps the boobs apart, while smashing them down to my chest...LOL

However, if you can get away with one bra, look for something labeled encapsulation AND compression (that danskin bra is both, I just got used to wearing 2 and so I still feel "bouncy" if I go to just one bra).
Same here. I've always worn two and it's such a pain. Small price to pay for a nice rack, I guess.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:22 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Hey stranger.

My son is wanting to rent a movie tonight. I'm not sure what is out there anymore though. They are at a tough age where they are too mature for kiddie movies, but not mature enough for a lot of the other movies out there.
A movie called the "The Way Way Back"

Good little coming of age movie.

Sam Rockwell was great in it, same with Steve Carell.

Should be appropriate for kids....

Old 01-11-2014, 07:23 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Love love this movie.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:26 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Same here. I've always worn two and it's such a pain. Small price to pay for a nice rack, I guess.
And it is much appreciated.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:27 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Love love this movie.
Yeah, that scene near the end when Sam Rockwell steps in front of the kid and talks to the step dad............ true man.... this forum wants to talk what a man is... a man does what his character did... trying to protect and help a young man.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:28 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
We were talking today about downsizing when the kiddies are out of the house. Of course it's going to be one big argument when that happens. I want to downsize and get a condo or townhome. He wants a house with outbuilding and property....the Green Acres theme song plays in my head....LOL
Hmm, sounds familiar.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Hehe! Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Just watched the trailer...it looks so cute. I might rent that for them tomorrow.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:34 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
The kiddies are: 14, 13, 11 and 9

The 11 and 9 are still satisfied with kiddie movies (we just saw Frozen) but the olders are over the cartoons. I will say that there is a lot I won't let them see, at least compared to what their friends are allowed to view (or so I've been told, by them...lol).
I can relate, when my daughter was about 14, I had taken her and one of her girlfriends to the movies we end up seeing Witches of Eastwick or whatever the title was, somewhere in there, I gathered them up and asked if they could be seated in a different movie. To some that movie might not have been all that racy, I don't remember, but I wasn't going to sit with my daughter and watch some of those scenes. A different time, a different me to some degree. I don't remember what they ended up seeing, but I returned to the bad, bad movie.

Well, I'll be on the look out for some titles for you and the youngins. The suggestion of The Way Way Back sounds like a good one, there was another movie that came out last year with a boy and girl that ran away, comedy though, that I think would be family friendly. I'll have to find the title of that one.

Well, back from viewing New Year's Eve, and I actually enjoyed the cornball movie. I miss some of those ornery old New Yorkers at times, was good to see some of that humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships