Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 06:33 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Oh no, they are both wonderful neighbors and they raised their kids and they went off to college and moved away. We've been neighbor's for a long time and he used to do the same thing for the elderly couple that lived in this house before I bought it so he just keeps doing it. Sometimes I think he just does it to get out of the house. I think he's retired now and his wife still works nights as a nurse at the hospital and sleeps during the day.
Ohhh, okay. I was going to suggest you bake him some cookies and bring a hot beverage in a thermos when he is done blowing. Most single guys I know don't bake cookies for themselves, so they always love getting them.

I guess you could still do that for the older couple. Trying to think of folks like my parents. They'd like something like that. Or maybe a bottle of wine. Hmmm...shoot I'd like the wine! lol

Old 01-06-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post

I was making butternut squash and put it in the ninja cooker. I burned the bottom of it and half of it went flying across the kitchen. Dog likes the squash. ugh

LMAO, I'm trying to envision how it went flying across the kitchen.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 PM

769 posts, read 977,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
LMAO, I'm trying to envision how it went flying across the kitchen.
It was bad. Thankfully my dog for whatever reason seems to like squash so he will inhale it. I am giving him the other half tomorrow for his dinner.

I am trying to save money and cook more healthy. This was a total kitchen failure.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
It was bad. Thankfully my dog for whatever reason seems to like squash so he will inhale it. I am giving him the other half tomorrow for his dinner.

I am trying to save money and cook more healthy. This was a total kitchen failure.
My dog will eat anything except lettuce.

Last night my husband cooked and made grilled chicken sandwiches. My son was carrying his dish to the table and tripped...the food went sliding off of it onto the floor and the dog was quick to profit from that! He did not starve last night!

Old 01-06-2014, 06:46 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Quote:
Ohhh, okay. I was going to suggest you bake him some cookies and bring a hot beverage in a thermos when he is done blowing. Most single guys I know don't bake cookies for themselves, so they always love getting them.

I guess you could still do that for the older couple. Trying to think of folks like my parents. They'd like something like that. Or maybe a bottle of wine. Hmmm...shoot I'd like the wine! lol
Mice got in through the dog door and camped out in the back of the oven ripping the insulation out of it for bedding rendering it useless. I haven't replaced it yet until I know it won't happen again. Plus, she makes the most delicious cookies.

They do things with the other couple across the street who are also really nice and they have the nicest little girl. I thought maybe four movie gift certificates and they can take the other couple across the street. You need to take out a second mortgage to go to the movies anymore.

They really aren't that old, I just think they came into a windfall when his father died because they tore down the small house they lived in and rebuilt this big, gorgeous house.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
They do things with the other couple across the street who are also really nice and they have the nicest little girl. I thought maybe four movie gift certificates and they can take the other couple across the street. You need to take out a second mortgage to go to the movies anymore.
That's a good idea!

We were at the movies this weekend. Damn it's $$$$

I spent $40 on 3 tickets and 3 slushies

Old 01-06-2014, 06:57 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Quote:
That's a good idea!

It's still cheaper than condo fees if I moved or if I hired someone to do what he's been doing for free.

I hurt my arm recently and it is just throbbing and I couldn't shovel snow with it like this right now so I don't know what I'd do if he didn't do it.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:58 PM

769 posts, read 977,166 times
Quote:
That's a good idea!

Yeah it is expensive to see a movie.

I slept most of the weekend. I was just so tired from the last couple of weeks. My body was just wiped.

The dog never minds when I have a lazy day.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
It's still cheaper than condo fees if I moved or if I hired someone to do what he's been doing for free.
Yup!

Old 01-06-2014, 07:04 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Brookings, Oregon beach was 72 degrees, no wind......with a Beautiful Sunset......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships