Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 11:30 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times

Advertisements

It's currently -6 with a windchill of -34. I had to put socks on. Grumble, grumble. Luckily the shepherd is sleeping. We got in a decent game of chuck-it this morning before the temp dropped. I hope it's enough.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:38 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
It's currently -6 with a windchill of -34. I had to put socks on. Grumble, grumble. Luckily the shepherd is sleeping. We got in a decent game of chuck-it this morning before the temp dropped. I hope it's enough.
Oh, the one dog is acting like a crack head dog. Running around the house and growling and jumping on the other dog. I went out to brave the storm before it got bad again and she took all the sheets and pillows off the bed while I was gone. She has never done anything like that before. I did move the furniture in the living room and we played tennis and stuff for hours and it still didn't help. I kicked her outside and even went out myself with them in the waist high snow. The dog is just a crack head.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:54 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Oh, the one dog is acting like a crack head dog. Running around the house and growling and jumping on the other dog. I went out to brave the storm before it got bad again and she took all the sheets and pillows off the bed while I was gone. She has never done anything like that before. I did move the furniture in the living room and we played tennis and stuff for hours and it still didn't help. I kicked her outside and even went out myself with them in the waist high snow. The dog is just a crack head.
That's cute! My kids play ball with the dog inside, but we don't have any carpet. The poor thing looks like a cartoon trying to get revved up, then he finally finds traction and goes slamming into the walls because he can't stop.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I feel your pain! Our dog has actually improved. Prozac can really be a lifesaver. When I got up, the windchill was only -4 or -5. I hurried to take the dogs out and threw the ball a few times. So far he has been good and slept the whole morning, but I may have to figure something out later. Our house is too small too play anything indoors with them. but maybe I cm hide his tennis ball or something.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I feel your pain! Our dog has actually improved. Prozac can really be a lifesaver. When I got up, the windchill was only -4 or -5. I hurried to take the dogs out and threw the ball a few times. So far he has been good and slept the whole morning, but I may have to figure something out later. Our house is too small too play anything indoors with them. but maybe I cm hide his tennis ball or something.
See, she's used to having the dog door open and coming and going outside as she pleases and it's been shut and it's also been so cold and she couldn't get through the snow anyway, she has a limited area outside where it isn't that deep. She's just been spoiled is all.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
That's cute! My kids play ball with the dog inside, but we don't have any carpet. The poor thing looks like a cartoon trying to get revved up, then he finally finds traction and goes slamming into the walls because he can't stop.
I have hardwood floors too which is why it's easy to move the furniture and play ball in the house. They don't seem to have a problem as long as I keep their nails trimmed.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
I have hardwood floors too which is why it's easy to move the furniture and play ball in the house. They don't seem to have a problem as long as I keep their nails trimmed.
He needs his nails trimmed, but that doesn't seem to help him.

We're actually going to tear out the floors and replace them with hand-scraped wood...I'm hoping it will be easier on him and the kitties.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
See, she's used to having the dog door open and coming and going outside as she pleases and it's been shut and it's also been so cold and she couldn't get through the snow anyway, she has a limited area outside where it isn't that deep. She's just been spoiled is all.
Poor girl! I hope her world gets back to normal soon.

Our guy is a retired working dog and it's been a challenge for him to be a pet. It's not what he was bred for. We are his only option and we love him, so we do the best we can. He is happier now than he used to be.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Poor girl! I hope her world gets back to normal soon.

Our guy is a retired working dog and it's been a challenge for him to be a pet. It's not what he was bred for. We are his only option and we love him, so we do the best we can. He is happier now than he used to be.
Bless you for caring for him so well.

Mine isn't a working dog and doesn't need medication, they are just used to coming and going as they please and that has been curtailed for the time being. She's just got a case of being snow bound.

You should see the two of them when spring first hits here. I was sitting on the bed working on the computer and they ran outside chasing each other, back inside into the bedroom on the bed, across the bed off the bed on the other side and back out again. Then they kept repeating this chasing for some time. All I could do was laugh.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Bless you for caring for him so well.

Mine isn't a working dog and doesn't need medication, they are just used to coming and going as they please and that has been curtailed for the time being. She's just got a case of being snow bound.

You should see the two of them when spring first hits here. I was sitting on the bed working on the computer and they ran outside chasing each other, back inside into the bedroom on the bed, across the bed off the bed on the other side and back out again. Then they kept repeating this chasing for some time. All I could do was laugh.
Zoomies! I love Zoomies. Sometimes all we can do is laugh at them and be thankful we get the opportunity. I still smile at your Possum story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships