Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:15 PM

9 posts, read 58,150 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I have been together about 6 years. Last year out of nowhere he announced he wanted to take a break. He said that we should not sleep with anyone else during the break or be physical. I was really confused as to why he wanted to do this because things seemed to be good between us.

Last month he answers a text to someone else and sent it to me by mistake. It said "I enjoy having sex with you but I feel slimey afterwards." Of course I call him right away and ask who he was texting. He said someone forwarded that to him and he was forwading it to someone else (BS!). After 20 minutes of arguing he came clean. He said he met this girl a year ago when we were on our break and she had been contacting him a lot lately and he was letting her down gently. Of course I am distraught over this! First of all, he wasn't supposed to be physical with anyone during the break. 2nd, I have no idea if this girl is actually someone he dated a year ago during our break or someone he just met. I asked for her name but he refuses to tell me who she is. I have no idea what to do! All I do know now is I DO NOT trust him but after 6 years it's hard to just walk away. Can someone help me out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:31 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Sure I can help you out. Dump his dumb ass and move on. Or take him back and keep dealing with his bullshyte. FFS!

Old 11-10-2013, 09:40 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
I heard this lately and it is great at addressing these nonsensical "I invested all this time in this relationship and don't want to walk away" dilemmas.

If you step one foot into quicksand, what do you do?
Do you go, "Oh, well, I already have one foot in, so I guess I will go ahead and jump in with both feet"?

No! That is asinine! You take the damn foot out!

This man has shown you his character. Move on!

Old 11-10-2013, 09:42 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Move on please. You will find somebody better.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCapricorn View Post
My boyfriend and I have been together about 6 years. Last year out of nowhere he announced he wanted to take a break. He said that we should not sleep with anyone else during the break or be physical. I was really confused as to why he wanted to do this because things seemed to be good between us.

Last month he answers a text to someone else and sent it to me by mistake. It said "I enjoy having sex with you but I feel slimey afterwards." Of course I call him right away and ask who he was texting. He said someone forwarded that to him and he was forwading it to someone else (BS!). After 20 minutes of arguing he came clean. He said he met this girl a year ago when we were on our break and she had been contacting him a lot lately and he was letting her down gently. Of course I am distraught over this! First of all, he wasn't supposed to be physical with anyone during the break. 2nd, I have no idea if this girl is actually someone he dated a year ago during our break or someone he just met. I asked for her name but he refuses to tell me who she is. I have no idea what to do! All I do know now is I DO NOT trust him but after 6 years it's hard to just walk away. Can someone help me out?
See ya. Take your azz down the road boyfriend. Betrayal of the highest order. And if you for a minute THINK he stopped feeding the purple headed yogurt slinger and only did it one time with the other woman you're fooling one person. Can you guess who? You really don't believe that I met her a year ago one time only bs do you? Lol I'm a guy and I couldn't say that with a straight face.

I've been with my wife for 20 years and I would kick her azz to the curb in a heartbeat if she cheated on me and I found out.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:52 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
Rachel... time to dump Ross.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Rachel... time to dump Ross.

dam you beat me too it.

Friends - We were on a break - Fine by me - I knew it - YouTube

Old 11-10-2013, 09:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Dump the cheater. You will always wonder if he will do it again.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:59 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,797,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Dump the cheater. You will always wonder if he will do it again.
^

This, probably.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Go. It would be one thing if he confessed right after it happened - but he still hasn't really come clean. I just don't buy it that this happened awhile ago and she is contacting him again. Telling someone that they feel slimy after sex isn't something you tell someone when it's been awhile. It's something you tell someone because you are cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships