Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 08:03 AM

77 posts, read 105,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This scene comes to mind. (Not safe for work.)

Clerks - 37 - YouTube

I love that movie, Julia! And I agree, that's one of the best scenes!

Dante: "My girlfriend has sucked 37 d***s!"

Bystander: "Today?!?!"

I suspect the low-count people won't be afraid to post their number, many others will be more reluctant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,169,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
I suspect the low-count people won't be afraid to post their number, many others will be more reluctant.
Sure, my number is 1 and I'm 26.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,384,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What is bad sexual behavior?

Do you mean infidelity? Yeah, I could get not wanting to be with someone that cheats or has a history of cheating.

Or do you mean something else? Do you think a woman wanting sex in general is somehow "bad"?
He thinks women wanting or having sex with multiple partners is "bad." Welcome to sl*t-shaming. Men can be "sluts," but it's a dirty, shameful practice for women. Such misogynistic and puritanical bullsh*t.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 AM

Default Behavior....

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What is bad sexual behavior?

Do you mean infidelity? Yeah, I could get not wanting to be with someone that cheats or has a history of cheating.

Or do you mean something else? Do you think a woman wanting sex in general is somehow "bad"?

I think cheating is a good example. That is a scenario where I think past behavior is a predictor of future behavior.

No, women are human beings, and human beings want sex. As I said, pathological or compulsive, in order to manipulate, gain attention, secure resources (financial or otherwise) etc etc ad nauseum.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:08 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times
Quote:
I think cheating is a good example. That is a scenario where I think past behavior is a predictor of future behavior.

No, women are human beings, and human beings want sex. As I said, pathological or compulsive, in order to manipulate, gain attention, secure resources (financial or otherwise) etc etc ad nauseum.
Those aren't things that you can tell simply by a woman's number.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:09 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
He thinks women wanting or having sex with multiple partners is "bad." Welcome to sl*t-shaming. Men can be "sluts," but it's a dirty, shameful practice for women. Such misogynistic and puritanical bullsh*t.

I guess I just don't get it. If two single people (or non monogamously attached people) meet, decide to have sex with each other, do so safely and try to please each other and themselves, how in the world can that be considered in any way, shape or form "bad" or "wrong" or "undesirable"??? No one is getting hurt, everyone is honest, and people feel good.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Those aren't things that you can tell simply by a woman's number.

Exactly, people could have 3 partners and show those tendencies or 75 and not.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:12 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,384,328 times
Quote:

But here's the great equalizer: There's a lot of talk going on here, but is anyone brave enough to post their number?
22. I'm not at all shy about my number. Not at all. Compared to the number of opportunities I've had in my time in the dating scene, that's actually not a high number. Pretty average for sexually active late 20's - early 30's women in progressive/metropolitan, sex-positive cities.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:12 AM

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post

Very few things **** me off, but one of them is being told what I think. No, I don't think women having multiple partners is "bad," women can screw whomever/how ever many they want. I just don't want to form a relationship with them.

A key that opens many locks is a very valuable key. A lock that can be opened by many keys is a defective lock.

The sexual double standard exists, it exists for a very good reason. Kumbayah away all you want, it won't change a thing.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:14 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times
Quote:
Very few things **** me off, but one of them is being told what I think. No, I don't think women having multiple partners is "bad," women can screw whomever/how ever many they want. I just don't want to form a relationship with them.

A key that opens many locks is a very valuable key. A lock that can be opened by many keys is a defective lock.

The sexual double standard exists, it exists for a very good reason. Kumbayah away all you want, it won't change a thing.
So - it's not "bad" but they are "defective?" How is defective not bad? This is sort of like saying - I don't think men are stupid, they just aren't very smart.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships