Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 04:25 PM

31 posts, read 150,767 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a few topics here relating to hooking up and casual sex. I had previously asked if Match.com would be a good place to score casual sex as it seems like an untapped market for that sort of thing (most people interested in casual sex seem to flock to POF and OKC).

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post32381324

But while searching on Match, I noticed one thing; older women rather than younger women dominate Match.

In my area, the number of girls age 25-30 outnumber the girls who are 18-25 about 10 to 1.

That got me thinking, which age do you think can handle casual sex better? I personally feel like older women (above 25) may be wiser and more emotionally able to have casual sex without any complicated emotions cloud their thoughts and judgment.

I feel like the younger a girl is, the more inexperience she'll have and the harder she'll fall for a guy and demand commitment.

Then again, some older women may be in a hurry to marry and have children sooner rather than later.

Is that a reasonable assumption?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 04:52 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Quote:
(most people interested in casual sex seem to flock to POF and OKC).
Why would you not go where the women looking for casual sex go? Why bang your head aginst the wall, trying to convince women who are looking for LTRs?

And, FYI, 'Older women' means women over 40 or 50.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:54 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
The ones that handle casual sex best are say over 35 and have already had all the kids they want (and this could be 0) and have had their tubes tied.

Probably the worst are early 20's (no experience, don't know what they want) and the biological clock watchers in their late 30's to early 40's who want a kid.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:08 PM

31 posts, read 150,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Why would you not go where the women looking for casual sex go? Why bang your head aginst the wall, trying to convince women who are looking for LTRs?

And, FYI, 'Older women' means women over 40 or 50.
Alright. Where are women looking for casual sex?

Also, is it not possible that Match.com girls may be interested in casual sex, but are just too shy to admit it, or it has never been formally and respectfully asked of them?

Old 11-27-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferredoxin4 View Post
Alright. Where are women looking for casual sex?

Like you said -- on POF and OKC. And, if craigslist is not icky where you live (it varies by location), then there. And bars.

Quote:
Also, is it not possible that Match.com girls may be interested in casual sex, but are just too shy to admit it, or it has never been formally and respectfully asked of them?
Sure. But basic business sense says you start first in the place where your customers are looking for you, before you go out trying to sell something to people who have not even thought about whether they want your product. The primary purpose of advertising is to tell the customers who want your product that you have it available.

If this business metaphor doesn't work for you, let me know and I will rephrase.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:38 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,602,759 times
Older, not even a question.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferredoxin4 View Post
There seems to be a few topics here relating to hooking up and casual sex. I had previously asked if Match.com would be a good place to score casual sex as it seems like an untapped market for that sort of thing (most people interested in casual sex seem to flock to POF and OKC).

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post32381324

But while searching on Match, I noticed one thing; older women rather than younger women dominate Match.

In my area, the number of girls age 25-30 outnumber the girls who are 18-25 about 10 to 1.

That got me thinking, which age do you think can handle casual sex better? I personally feel like older women (above 25) may be wiser and more emotionally able to have casual sex without any complicated emotions cloud their thoughts and judgment.

I feel like the younger a girl is, the more inexperience she'll have and the harder she'll fall for a guy and demand commitment.

Then again, some older women may be in a hurry to marry and have children sooner rather than later.

Is that a reasonable assumption?
None of the above.

It totally depends on the person and their emotional age. I know plenty of immature "older women" who would NOT handle it well.

You're just gonna have to take your chances.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:52 PM

You might want to edit the title of your thread. I think people are reading 'older women' as 'over 40', and responding accordingly.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:00 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
26 is not "older." The average age to get married is 28, for Pete's sake.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:02 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
I think it can go either way. Some women become promiscuous at an early age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
You might want to edit the title of your thread. I think people are reading 'older women' as 'over 40', and responding accordingly.
Some men perceive an 'older women' being in her late 20's-30's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships