Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 08:37 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You think 25 is an "older woman?"

Maybe if you're 14!

Good grief.
You don't know how hard I broke out in laughter after seeing your post with those smiley for emphasis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 08:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Older women in my experience are more likely to do whatever the hell they want, with less concern about what others think. That means they're more likely to have casual sex if they want to, but less likely to have it if they don't want to. This, of course, is a much more emotionally healthy approach, and makes them more enjoyable to be with, in my opinion.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:46 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,603,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You really need to give your theoretical head a reality check.

No matter what age chronologically there are women who do NOT want to latch on to whoever guy she is with, who do NOT just want to hook up, who do NOT HAVE to get married to have a child.

Then there are those women who emotionally cannot handle hook ups no matter what their chronological age.
There is no blanket statement, age, or timeline that dictates what each individual woman wants.
Their choices and maturity level are as individual as snowflakes and just because things may start out one way does not mean they will continue to be that way long term.
I'm pretty sure he is aware of this, as are the rest of us. That's why he used terms like "some", "seem to", and "more likely to" rather than blanket statements like "all ______ are _____." Nobody is overgeneralizing here, for once in the history of this forum.

I think his head appears to be on pretty straight, actually, particularly by the standard of young men around here.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:49 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Too funny this is even a question. Older in a landslide.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:54 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferredoxin4 View Post
Alright. Where are women looking for casual sex?

Also, is it not possible that Match.com girls may be interested in casual sex, but are just too shy to admit it, or it has never been formally and respectfully asked of them?
Well, here is something to think over:

Some months back, the founder of Plenty of Fish, a UK-based dating site, estimated that of the 3 million or so users who visited the site daily, only about 3000 were women looking for casual sex. According to him, the vast majority of ads purportedly posted by women seeking casual sex were actually posted by men pretending to be women.

While this doesn't definitively prove anything, it does suggest that while the number men interested in casual sex is clearly huge, the number of women interested is probably significantly smaller.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:46 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
He is 25. Women over 25 are older women to him.

I am 40. Women over 40 are older women to me. My definition was different 10 years ago. It will be different 10 years from now.

This is how numbers work, people.

Oh, come on. We all know what the term "older woman" implies.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:56 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Old broads.

They're like a good old catchers mitt.

Well worn and well played.......

Many a world series played.

LOl.. Ok.. enough with the baseball analogies.....

Old 11-29-2013, 07:20 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,360 times
My experience has been that older women handle it far better.

Even had one once where I made a joke, forgot what it was, but her response was "Honey, you're not my first rodeo."

I was LMAO.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:13 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
Who'se best at casual sex?

The ones that enjoy it.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:24 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferredoxin4 View Post
There seems to be a few topics here relating to hooking up and casual sex. I had previously asked if Match.com would be a good place to score casual sex as it seems like an untapped market for that sort of thing (most people interested in casual sex seem to flock to POF and OKC).

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post32381324

But while searching on Match, I noticed one thing; older women rather than younger women dominate Match.

In my area, the number of girls age 25-30 outnumber the girls who are 18-25 about 10 to 1.

That got me thinking, which age do you think can handle casual sex better? I personally feel like older women (above 25) may be wiser and more emotionally able to have casual sex without any complicated emotions cloud their thoughts and judgment.

I feel like the younger a girl is, the more inexperience she'll have and the harder she'll fall for a guy and demand commitment.

Then again, some older women may be in a hurry to marry and have children sooner rather than later.

Is that a reasonable assumption?

Maury: 10 Craziest Teenage Girls.mp4 - YouTube

It all depends.

I don't think "better at handling casual sex" has anything to do with age, it depends on the woman's general attitude toward casual sex.

I am still in my 20s. I have never had one night stand. (not like having one night stand is morally wrong.) ONS is just not my thing. I got crazy attached to the men I slept with emotionally, so I better just stick with one man. But that is just me. I don't think my general attitude toward casual sex will change. If a woman can separate sex from love, go for it, younger older, who really cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships