Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 07:04 AM

19,982 posts, read 30,386,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
We see this over and over, here, but where does it come from? The internet is full of accurate information, in addition to all the inaccurate stuff.

Why are so many young men unable to discern the difference? Why are they unable to absorb and process the info they get in this forum from real women, for example?

I started to type up a list of examples, but I'm sure you all know the stuff I'm referring to .

What makes the truth so difficult?
maturity, confidence, experience- and insecurity has a lot to do with this

maybe its better this way for the ladies, if all the guys were so confident to approaching a lady- all you ladies would be bombarded everyday by "strangers"
in stores, at work, everywhere else...

this is an internet forum,,,half of what is written might be fiction,,,..maybe more guys get it,,,but just trying to be a comedien on here..

then there are the trolls, and writers,,,some of these threads have to be fictional..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 07:08 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,830,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
huh? Just come out and say what youre talking about exactly why so vague?
it is easier to set up a straw man this way

i honestly don't know what the op is talking about. this forum is full of bad ideas from every demographic.

i mean take the OP for example. i just pull up her most recent comment and it says: "IME, men often have sex in order to get cuddles."

further down the page she says:

"The only time sex slows down after marriage is when the guy is bad in bed. Women's sex drive, and desire for their mate, increases after marriage and as they get older."

i mean ... her calling out "young men" on their "bad ideas" is the pot calling the kettle black, here ...

Last edited by le roi; 12-13-2013 at 07:17 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 07:08 AM

250 posts, read 401,852 times
It depends on how young you're talking about. If you're taking about early twenties, well.. Hey. The brain is not fully developed yet, plain and simple. If you're talking about early thirties or later , then there's no excuse other than some guys are never gonna learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
We see this over and over, here, but where does it come from? The internet is full of accurate information, in addition to all the inaccurate stuff.

Why are so many young men unable to discern the difference? Why are they unable to absorb and process the info they get in this forum from real women, for example?

I started to type up a list of examples, but I'm sure you all know the stuff I'm referring to .

What makes the truth so difficult?

Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,630,542 times
I think a big part of this is based on the fact that many young men today are emasculated, raised without a male role model in a home and given dating advice that isn't congruent with what the dating world demands. "Just be yourself", "Treat her like a princess", "Buy yourself a nice house and a car", "Be a gentleman" etc etc are examples of advice that lead young men to become so called "nice guys" who are later ignored and walked over by young women. It leads to nothing but failure In the dating world.

I personally believe that reasons for this type of advice and for this disconnect are much more sinister than anything CDR conversation could encompass, this isn't the right platform for this discussion. Lets just say, that progress in medicine and science has allowed most all young babies to survive, even those not strong enough to do so for thousands of years. Some of the dynamics in todays dating world, are there to retain the balance of only desired genes passed on.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:10 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,711,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I think a big part of this is based on the fact that many young men today are emasculated, raised without a male role model in a home and given dating advice that isn't congruent with what the dating world demands. "Just be yourself", "Treat her like a princess", "Buy yourself a nice house and a car", "Be a gentleman" etc etc are examples of advice that lead young men to become so called "nice guys" who are later ignored and walked over by young women. It leads to nothing but failure In the dating world.

I personally believe that reasons for this type of advice and for this disconnect are much more sinister than anything CDR conversation could encompass, this isn't the right platform for this discussion. Lets just say, that progress in medicine and science has allowed most all young babies to survive, even those not strong enough to do so for thousands of years. Some of the dynamics in todays dating world, are there to retain the balance of only desired genes passed on.
Interesting...because I've noticed the exact opposite with men my age. They're constantly told to 'be a man' and to hide ALL emotion, and not to give in to a woman's demands and not to be a doormat etc etc. which basically boils down to 'women are inferior, don't give them the time of day because they'll just ********* over.' Many men my age (early 30s now ) are in a perpetual adolescence where they'd rather sit around and play CoD than date.

It's increasingly difficult to find a guy who is a gentleman, who spends money on ANYONE but himself and who is willing to make any sort of sacrifice or compromise if a woman is involved. Even with my guy it's been interesting to see him go from 'confirmed bachelor' (he's a lot like me and hasn't dated much... interestingly, we're both in our second longest relationships with one another) to making time in his life for me. Luckily, we have excellent open communication and talk about what each of us desires and expects fairly frequently. And yes, compromise goes both ways... but I've noticed that women are usually more apt and willing to compromise or change their lifestyle to accomodate the men in their lives.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:21 AM

236 posts, read 232,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Interesting...because I've noticed the exact opposite with men my age. They're constantly told to 'be a man' and to hide ALL emotion, and not to give in to a woman's demands and not to be a doormat etc etc. which basically boils down to 'women are inferior, don't give them the time of day because they'll just ********* over.' Many men my age (early 30s now ) are in a perpetual adolescence where they'd rather sit around and play CoD than date.

It's increasingly difficult to find a guy who is a gentleman, who spends money on ANYONE but himself and who is willing to make any sort of sacrifice or compromise if a woman is involved. Even with my guy it's been interesting to see him go from 'confirmed bachelor' (he's a lot like me and hasn't dated much... interestingly, we're both in our second longest relationships with one another) to making time in his life for me. Luckily, we have excellent open communication and talk about what each of us desires and expects fairly frequently. And yes, compromise goes both ways... but I've noticed that women are usually more apt and willing to compromise or change their lifestyle to accomodate the men in their lives.
Men are very logical. They are constantly thinking, whether consciously or unconsciously, "is the effort I'm going to put into this worth the payout?"

With regard to dating, many have made the calculation that the answer is "no, it's not worth it."

Count me among them.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:24 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,976,178 times
Quote:

I must say, the newest COD is decent.
The maps are large, and there's a lot more long rang stand offs, but all around, it is pretty good.

I still say Black Ops one was the best of them all, but that is as far back as I go. World at War was supposed to be really good, but I never played.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:29 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,711,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
Men are very logical. They are constantly thinking, whether consciously or unconsciously, "is the effort I'm going to put into this worth the payout?"

With regard to dating, many have made the calculation that the answer is "no, it's not worth it."

Count me among them.
Sometimes people want to put in effort because they enjoy seeing another person happy... not just because they can get something out of it. It's a very common, and very selfish, way of going about things. I mean, I don't go out of my way to get up early and make my guy his favorite breakfast every Sunday because he'll be doing something for me later...I do it because I want to and because it makes him happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I must say, the newest COD is decent.
The maps are large, and there's a lot more long rang stand offs, but all around, it is pretty good.

I still say Black Ops one was the best of them all, but that is as far back as I go. World at War was supposed to be really good, but I never played.
The entire CoD franchise is horribly boring to me. I've played a few of them and there are SO many better games out there that I could be playing, so why waste my time?

Old 12-13-2013, 08:35 AM

236 posts, read 232,649 times
Quote:
Sometimes people want to put in effort because they enjoy seeing another person happy... not just because they can get something out of it. It's a very common, and very selfish, way of going about things. I mean, I don't go out of my way to get up early and make my guy his favorite breakfast every Sunday because he'll be doing something for me later...I do it because I want to and because it makes him happy.

The entire CoD franchise is horribly boring to me. I've played a few of them and there are SO many better games out there that I could be playing, so why waste my time?
A lot of women like to say things like this, I think because they get most of the benefits out of dating/relating. So you're saying, if the relationship was a net loss for you, you'd stay in it because you just like making another person happy?

BS.

I've always pulled my weight, and never been even close to reciprocated. I don't understand why it bothers you so that some men don't wish to live their lives in service of women.

(Inbefore: you must date the wrong women blah blah blah I'm perfect and blah blah blah.)

I mean, I try to think of one thing that a woman, ANY woman, could bring to my life that I am not capable of doing better by myself. Sex, that's it, and a lot of times that even is only marginally better than flying solo. Add in all the negatives and it's not even a difficult calculation.

Last edited by OneManBanned; 12-13-2013 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: More detail...

Old 12-13-2013, 09:11 AM

36,867 posts, read 31,162,679 times
Ok, here is another: Women get all the benefit out of a relationship. The belief that a woman's sexuality is dependent on $$ or what she is going to get out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships