Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 09:47 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,237,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I am glad you guys are here!

I agree that a lot of the young men here with the biggest problems don't seem to value information that comes from women much. They need to hear the same stuff from men.

But, hey, I am a little sad not to be mentioned on the lists of helpful female posters . Is it the snark? Or the commune?
Wut? You give plenty of informative posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 09:48 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,810,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
To the regular posters here on this forum, do you know or at least feel that you have made a positive impact on someone else life by posting here?

Has what others have posted here made a positive impact on your life?

Are you just here for entertainment and don't care either way?

I'm not trying to be sardonic. It's an honest question.
I post here a lot because I have a weird job where I am very busy and then hours of downtime So in a way it's entertainment for me, but I also want to help and hope I've had a positive impact on some people. Although some people will argue until their are blue int eh face that the Earth is flat and the dun rotates around it and there is no amount of anything that will convince them otherwise.

But as far as this forum having an effect on my life... it's discouraging. I originally started coming here to find out more about men and how to improve my dating life. But now, after being here for a few months, I think if things don't work out with the man I am now dating, I am just going to stop trying for a time.

It's not just this forum though, it's also my experience with dating the past three years (running into so many "damaged" men, men looking to cheat on wives, and jerks trying to act "alpha"). I'm just tired of wading though guys like that to find the gems--the good guys. I know those good guys are out there and I am not saying I am closed to dating, I'm just saying I am going to take indefinite break from it because I will need to rebuild "dating morale" to go on.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:48 PM

52,316 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Not often I agree with you but not having a solid decent father figure puts you behind the 8 ball in so much, especially relating to the opposite sex. I'm going to p*&# some off here I'm sure but I'm sorry, there is just valuable crap in life that only a man can teach a boy. It has been my experience.
See... thanks for saying this... I mean that..... only a man can say that......I too come from a broken home... my dad wasn't around nearly as much as he should be..

I know you said you weren't having kids.. but if you did.... would you let them down.. or would you be there for them... I think you would be there for them...

Purely hypothetical as I know you don't wants kids, as nether did I.... but one thing I know for sure, if I did... I would be there....

Old 12-15-2013, 09:49 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,237,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IDK what the hell is going on... but some of the stuff I read just floors me at times.........

I'm 44.... I think that my generation, (genX), I think in a lot of ways we failed, we failed as parents... not all of course, but enough to warrant a serious discussion to be honest......

I've seen it enough in a lot of my friends and family members.. I myself, don't have kids, but I've got eyes and I can make observations about the world I live in, enough to ponder the question

Have we failed our kids... our young men, in particular????
These days having good parents to raise their kids is a luxury many don't have.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:14 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,943,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
But now, after being here for a few months, I think if things don't work out with the man I am now dating, I am just going to stop trying for a time.
What? You haven't been charmed by my whining, lying, and misogyny?

Old 12-15-2013, 10:50 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,299,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Many assumptions made, me thinks. Male Aerospace Engineer here. I must get on here when my Bored inner unemployed housewife wants to get out.
It's ok. We all have a bored, inner housewife.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
These days having good parents to raise their kids is a luxury many don't have.
I was born in 69...... my parents had no business being parents.... It's not a time issue...... trust me on this one.. you aren't the only one to feel the shyt you feel.... like I' told you before, you need some help... more than an internet forum can give you.... best of luck to you.....

Old 12-15-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I was born in 69...... my parents had no business being parents.... It's not a time issue...... trust me on this one.. you aren't the only one to feel the shyt you feel.... like I' told you before, you need some help... more than an internet forum can give you.... best of luck to you.....
You and I are close to the same age. I know I'm a chick and all, but my childhood wasn't exactly Brady Bunch, either.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
You and I are close to the same age. I know I'm a chick and all, but my childhood wasn't exactly Brady Bunch, either.
You are a smart person... you are going to school for your 2nd masters... you have a brain in your head.... you sound like a lovely woman...

Your crappy upbringing is what most likely made you... same with me....

Most likely... just like most likely you've out done everyone in your circle, in terms of "success".......

I think the adversity may have something to do with our views on life and how we deal with things... sometimes having things too easy... I think it may be a death blow........

Old 12-15-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
You are a smart person... you are going to school for your 2nd masters... you have a brain in your head.... you sound like a lovely woman...

Your crappy upbringing is what most likely made you... same with me....

Most likely... just like most likely you've out done everyone in your circle, in terms of "success".......

I think the adversity may have something to do with our views on life and how we deal with things... sometimes having things too easy... I think it may be a death blow........
Well, I cannot argue with you there. I've known people who had pretty smooth sailing and they took it and did absolutely nothing with it.

I dunno why. No motivation? Lazy?

Hard to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships