Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 02:10 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
That is if he stays in the USA. Generally people don't like being extorted and men have associated children with liability because our courts have destroyed the family. If he can hook up with antoher woman in short order and pay his 25% of net then sure but if not then leave to somewhere else.
Financially supporting a child is extortion? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Old 12-23-2013, 02:12 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Financially supporting a child is extortion? Or am I misunderstanding you?
"squeezing every last penny the courts will allow" even if its way more than the childs very basic needs is extortion.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yeah, run away like a little b*tch -that's mature and taking responsibility for your actions. You guys act like he was sleeping and she magically stole his beans without his consent. He is totally culpable for this situation as he is. Again, why are you not asking why didn't he have a vasectomy? That would have been the responsible thing to do on his part if he is so against children.

My mother dropped out of high school to have my brothers and myself, but didn't want to marry my dad, but back then you only had two choices, send you to live with your 'aunt' for the summer and return without the child or get married and keep it. She didn't want to spend the rest of her life wondering where her children were. She eventually went back to high school and finished college and became a legal secretary at a large firm here.

My father still went to work and eventually made his first million at the age of 30 and even retired for awhile living off the smaller investments they made.

Having a child or three did not ruin their lives.

My sweeping wish is that she have this child and he choose not to be involved in the kid's life. He too high strung, immature and volatile. This will only get worse and worse over time. He wasn't pissed about the baby, he was pissed his selfish lifestyle was now gone and he'd have to share it.
Every persons situation is different, im glad your dad was able to make over a million with all of that going on. For some people the payments are so crippling that the man will be living pay check to pay check the rest of his life, not exactly how I want to spend my one and only life being a wage slave to the court system.

Also if he is unable to find another woman then he is going to have to do something and go somewhere, an involuntarily celibate life would not be a life I would want to live, again you only have one life to live. I know we live in a child centric socity where its all about the child even if the parent (usually dad) is put in an absolutely deplorable financial and romantic state as a result which I disagree with, I think the sacrifice should only go so far and each person has their thresthold. You may not agree but when someone is contemplating suicide then its gone too far and its time to go kid or no kid.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:23 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Every persons situation is different, im glad your dad was able to make over a million with all of that going on. For some people the payments are so crippling that the man will be living pay check to pay check the rest of his life, not exactly how I want to spend my one and only life being a wage slave to the court system.

Also if he is unable to find another woman then he is going to have to do something and go somewhere, an involuntarily celibate life would not be a life I would want to live, again you only have one life to live. I know we live in a child centric socity where its all about the child even if the parent (usually dad) is put in an absolutely deplorable financial and romantic state as a result which I disagree with, I think the sacrifice should only go so far and each person has their thresthold. You may not agree but when someone is contemplating suicide then its gone too far and its time to go kid or no kid.
If a guy can't handle the awful burden of contributing to his child's upbringing, he either needs to stop having sex or get a vasectomy. Neither is a tragedy of epic proportions.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:24 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
So why don't you hang your self by your junk out a ten-story window it should do the trick.

Last edited by Timmyy; 12-23-2013 at 02:58 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
If a guy can't handle the awful burden of contributing to his child's upbringing, he either needs to stop having sex or get a vasectomy. Neither is a tragedy of epic proportions.
Yea, I think its the degree to which that "contribution" goes. IF the end result is living pay check to pay check or not finding a sexual partner then its time to go, I frankly don't care about the rest. IF that were me in that situation the ex would do well to help find me a new girl friend and make sure I was not being rail roaded on support amounts otherwise the kid would not only not have a dad but would have no support either.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
"squeezing every last penny the courts will allow" even if its way more than the childs very basic needs is extortion.
No, based on the OPs attitudes, it would be a start at justice. If this thread was for real, that is.

And the quote was "squeezes you for every Penny she can get". A minor difference, but it implies what she would be legally allowed, as opposed to using the word "last" which implies excess.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:47 PM

130 posts, read 224,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMucke View Post
Don't you think I had a reason to be mad? She broke one of my essential rules.
That's nice. You'll get to mad at her every month for the next 18 years when you write out that child support check. If you absolutely didn't want kids you should have gotten snipped early on. Well, that ship has sailed, hasn't it.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm voting troll. He writes just like the one who appears with new handles to ask carefully written, spectacularly clueless posts that set all the readers into a tizzy.

Brand-new member comes to a real estate forum to ask people how to make his girlfriend of eight years get an abortion. Uh huh.
^ This.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoOffenhauser View Post
That's nice. You'll get to mad at her every month for the next 18 years when you write out that child support check. If you absolutely didn't want kids you should have gotten snipped early on. Well, that ship has sailed, hasn't it.
Could be even more than 18 years, depending on the state. Oh, I do hope they live in NJ! (If "they" are real)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships