Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 04:45 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times

Advertisements

Get rid of the van with Free Candy written on the side. Start hitting the gym and taking your multivitamin. Things should work themselves out from there.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:27 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
it's their loss. If women are smart they will turn off their TV's, and stop listening to what the kardassians, or whatever they are called, tell them to do, or their girlfriends for that matter. Pop culture is not a very good place to get critical life information from. You might be missing out on a real gem if you exclude a guy because he is single at 41.. why impose such limitations on yourself?

If you are really that scared, get a Ruger LCP, and use an ankle holster.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:22 AM

317 posts, read 747,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What do you think the reason is that you have had only one date in 45 years?
Was your mom there for you as a child?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:27 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedAzzro View Post
Many women have told me that it's suspicious to reach this age without ever being married. They get even more wary when you say you don't have a steady girlfriend. Of course I don't tell them the part that I've never had a girlfriend.
I dated a girl last year who said it was "suspicious" that I didn't have a Facebook page. Women say a lot of things when they're feeling a guy out.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
I dated a girl last year who said it was "suspicious" that I didn't have a Facebook page. Women say a lot of things when they're feeling a guy out.

I've heard that! I responded I thought it was suspicious she didn't have a linkedin page... do you really have a job?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:50 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I've heard that! I responded I thought it was suspicious she didn't have a linkedin page... do you really have a job?
Ah man, I tell ya what....The games women play. I was married at 23 and got divorced at 29. I'm settled down again now after five years, but I've gotta say those first few years after my divorce were something else. I could right a ****ing book.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:50 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Your misconceptions have haunted you for way too long. While you can't travel back in time and fix that particular situation you can make a pact with yourself to change your perceptions going forward. It's pretty obvious that your friend liked you so you obviously have it in you to approach women successfully. Just don't let more time go by and wake up one day at 65 having not seen the error of your ways. Go find a woman that will appreciate your qualities including the dry wit that you mentioned. May 2014 be your year.
Took a few readings for this to sink in. As you can tell I am good at ruining things. Tasteslikepurple was thinking of coming to Boston for new years eve with some friends and invited me to join them and meet her. At first I thought it would be really fun but then I did what I do best and totally sabotaged myself and ruined everything. Last we spoke she was pissed at me and had every right to be. Again and again I royally eff up and end up losing out. I am tired of learning these hard lessons time and again. I have got to figure out how to change this behavior asap.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:46 PM

254 posts, read 318,890 times
Quote:
I'm confident good, mature, women in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America can be found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
Wow…You keep on going on about American women like they're an entirely different species from the women in the rest of the world. Believe me they're not. I'm from Western Europe and I'm just as reluctant about your attitude.
You can add women from Western Europe in there with American women. Duh!

As I stated: I don't believe in the American story about myself, and I will neither surrender nor cease self improvement. Period. I identify with the Spartacus character in the Starz show Spartacus, and I view America as the Rome in that show. I've never seen as perfect a representation of American (or Western European too) feminist women and "alpha males" as I have on the Spartacus series depicting the upper-class Romans.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:32 PM

254 posts, read 318,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
How did the word "normal" get thrown into this discussion? The OP said women view these men with suspicion, meaning they are rightfully suspicious a man with zero relationship experience at this age might not be very good with relationships. And yet a bunch of butt hurt single men in their 40s had to come defend themselves saying how they are completely normal.

Let's use an analogy since saying someone isn't good with relationships tends to be very inflammatory. Let's say you are in your 40s and you go look for a job in computer programming but you have zero experience. Is it so odd if your prospective employer has doubts you can do the job?
No, I do not believe your story about me. No more than a pro-gay person believes a homophobes story about them. And no, I will not surrender and I will not cease self improvement. Period. Your words only drive me to be better.

(FYI: humans are not computers . Although, you talk like one. And I'll follow Mother Teresa's approach to interacting with humans than your asinine computerized approach of mathematical algorithmic problem solving. She's a saint. You're just a butt hurt non-saint.)

Old 01-05-2014, 06:06 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,682,890 times
It usually works out okay though. Anyone who thinks it is suspicious for a 41-year-old man to never have married has to be an idiot. Why would anybody want to be with anyone like that anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships