Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 AM

339 posts, read 379,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No, I would say the vast majority of women are not like that. Please show me a post where a woman claims that men should pay for everything when their incomes are comparable. I think this is just another misogynistic myth perpetuated by wanna-be bodybuilders and PUAs

Yes, the way you and your friends act contradicts the experiences of most men.

Ok.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:16 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I swear there needs to be two separate forums, one for people under 25 and one for the rest of us.
That's cute.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:29 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Yes, the way you and your friends act contradicts the experiences of most men.

Ok.
Again, show me where ANY woman has said that men should pay for everything with their incomes are comparable.

Have you ever been in a relationship? Because if not, it is hard to take your "experiences" with women seriously.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,166,014 times
why yes, if you are weathly and flashy about it people will flock to you to use you for your money. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out nor does it imply any of the women fawning over the flashy rich guys are actually interested in those guys.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:36 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
why yes, if you are weathly and flashy about it people will flock to you to use you for your money. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out nor does it imply any of the women fawning over the flashy rich guys are actually interested in those guys.

Yup! Flocking to money is different than flocking to the person.

Once the money is gone... so will be everyone else.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:45 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
That's cute.
Was it too stressful for you to copy the entire line of my post, and you had to chop it off there?

Old 01-17-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Again, show me where ANY woman has said that men should pay for everything with their incomes are comparable.
Here's one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
I want a guy who can pay. If my not paying is a "character flaw, rude, selfish and cheap behavior", then let me tell you what I think about "men" like you...

They are EXTREMELY selfish, cheap, immature, broke, lame and they are terrible prospects for LTRs because "they" can not provide.

Of course I can pay my own way. But will I pay YOUR way too?

Heck no.

I like men.

Not miserly children.

Every single "man" I've dated who held your views never had a good long term relationship with a woman. What I can and can not pay for is irrelevant. What you can or can not afford is irrelevant. If you can't afford the "dates" then you're either broke, or boring because you can't find an interesting and low cost date, or both.

...but let's be serious here...we know that one post isn't gonna make a difference, and as much time as I spend on here, I'm not gonna go digging up posts all day. Besides, we've seen that conversation in about 100 other threads:

"Well, that's just one woman"
"She didn't say EVERYTHING!"
"Well, she makes 2% less, so it's different"

...or whatever.

Everyone can go back and forth about their views, but these are things that I maintain anyone would be hard pressed to argue:

1) Money as a factor of attraction is a thing.
2) It's significant enough of a thing for it to affect men's dating lives
3) Not all women are influenced by money
4) Men have biased factors of attraction towards women as well that women would be equally justified in complaining about

It's understandable if you're sick of hearing men complain about it. I feel the same way about some of the women's threads about men's questionable behavior. But I'm not gonna march in there and argue that they don't exist, I know they do. I choose not to subscribe to a lot of stereotypically questionable male behavior. And some of it, I do.

If you feel that biased forms of attraction are hypocritical because men do the same thing, then mention so. But denying that it exists is just ignorant.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Was it too stressful for you to copy the entire line of my post, and you had to chop it off there?
That was the only part that was cute. The second part actually made sense.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:49 AM

339 posts, read 379,970 times
Quote:

Have you ever been in a relationship? Because if not, it is hard to take your "experiences" with women seriously.

That's the thing, they don't say it, they just don't call back if the man doesn't act according to her expectations.

Refer back to my original post: don't listen to what women say, watch what they do.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:49 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,578,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Someone could go and make a video of a woman in a "fat suit" getting rejected by a man for her looks and then come back conventionally "hot" without the fat suit and then criticize how he changes his mind too... saying men only care about hot women and nothing else. But that doesn't make it universally true because one guy in an edited prank, entertainment video did that... same here.
Exactly! Let's see the average man on the street being approached by an overweight woman versus a thin one and see what we wind up with. And the video bits are skewered anyway because the women aren't necessarily reacting to the wealth associated with an expensive car but rather the perception that's associated with them. It's not materialistic, it's practical and part of how the human instinct mechanism works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
And yet most women still expect the man to pay for everything because that's the "mans job".
Really? Even when I was actively dating thirty years ago that wasn't true. And my sons current girlfriend rejects his attempts to "take care" of her; she let him know from the beginning that she could take care of herself, and she's only fifteen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships