Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:07 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Let's see the same experiment with average woman instead of only targeting the hotties. Oh right, men who complain about such things only want perfect women.
I want the woman who is a perfect match for me

Old 01-17-2014, 12:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No, I would say the vast majority of women are not like that. Please show me a post where a woman claims that men should pay for everything when their incomes are comparable. I think this is just another misogynistic myth perpetuated by wanna-be bodybuilders and PUAs
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-opinions.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ry-mobile.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...d-i-split.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-me-money.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-he-looks.html

Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 PM

339 posts, read 379,893 times

Shield your ears....here comes the NAWALT chorus.

That first thread especially...almost all the women say they wouldn't go out with a guy again if he didn't pay on the first date.

But as usual, all the women are telling us that we men are wrong. What else is new?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:43 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
I'm sorry, did any woman state that a man should always pay for everything, regardless of her income? I believe that is the statement you are trying to defend. Nothing was ever said about first dates.

Most rational people with manners will agree that whoever invites the other person on a date should also offer to pay. Male or female. Yes?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:46 PM

339 posts, read 379,893 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, did any woman state that a man should always pay for everything, regardless of her income? I believe that is the statement you are trying to defend. Nothing was ever said about first dates.

Most rational people with manners will agree that whoever invites the other person on a date should also offer to pay. Male or female. Yes?
How convenient that men do 90% of the asking.

You're making yourself look foolish. Listen, men are expected to bear the majority of the costs of dating, period.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
How convenient that men do 90% of the asking.

You're making yourself look foolish. Listen, men are expected to bear the majority of the costs of dating, period.
What is the scope of your dating experience, exactly? I really need to know your credentials before I can accept your blanket statements and ass-pulled statistics. Thanks.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
What is the scope of your dating experience, exactly? I really need to know your credentials before I can accept your blanket statements and ass-pulled statistics. Thanks.
Well, start there. Do you disagree that men do ~90% of the asking? If so, we'll just have to agree to disagree and move on.

Edit: and I don't mean that to sound confrontational. It actually simplifies things, because if we disagree on that point, many other things would pretty much cascade from there

Old 01-17-2014, 01:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Yes there are women who expect the man to pay for everything and to support her. In my experience these tend to be women who are in the top 5% of looks (aka models and the like). However the majority of women I know do not expect this unless they are lazy and just don't want to work.

I can support myself and yes will offer to pay bills on dates or at least split. Most guys though took care of the bill and turned down the money. If there was a next date I insist on the bill or I do something nice. I hate having men expecting they have to pay for all the bills.

Btw I do agree though that the guys who want hot women tend to be the ones who experience this. As a former model myself (though not with this attitude and definitely not in the top 5% of hotness)I can tell you that many extremely beautiful women do feel men owe them. They look at it as a trade. The solution? men stop trying for the top 5% of women and go for the average women. Interesting to note that Bill Gates is a billionaire but his wife is not in the top 5% of looks either. nor did he marry her for them. She is smart and that's why they got married.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Shield your ears....here comes the NAWALT chorus.

That first thread especially...almost all the women say they wouldn't go out with a guy again if he didn't pay on the first date.

But as usual, all the women are telling us that we men are wrong. What else is new?
Not the same thing. I believe the person who does the asking should do the paying (or most of it)no matter the gender. It is tacky when a man asks me out then expects me to pay or worse expects me to pay for him. That is poor manners and no he never gets a second date. However I do offer to split the bill, especially if it's an online date (and likely to see each other again). I also expect to pay if I ask him out.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Well, start there. Do you disagree that men do ~90% of the asking? If so, we'll just have to agree to disagree and move on.

Edit: and I don't mean that to sound confrontational. It actually simplifies things, because if we disagree on that point, many other things would pretty much cascade from there
First dates, yes, subsequent dates, no. Once a relationship is established, there tends to be a mutual back and forth when making plans, and women are more often in the position to treat their BFs to a gourmet home cooked meal, tickets to a show, a round of drinks at the bar, a weekend getaway, etc.

Again, some relationship experience will make this dynamic more clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships