Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 12:21 PM

2,422 posts, read 1,450,473 times

Advertisements

Recently I saw one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Of course when I say something like that, it simply means I developed something of a crush for them and if it were possible, I would love to go out on a date with them. I believe throughout my lifetime (25 yrs), I only had three crushes. This latest one would be my fourth.

The women that I previously desired to date were all in the same vicinity as me. Meaning if I wasn't so shy, I could go up to them and ask them out. (I will say with each crush, I've became bolder. The last two knew I liked them, but my shyness prevented me from actually telling them face to face) Yet this latest one is not in the same vicinity, and as it's revealed in the title, she is a professional model. Now of course who wouldn't be attracted to a model right? However it's not her profession and it's ability to make her look her best that drew me. (I'm sure for a lot of us, if we had the make up sources and other things that come with modeling, we would all look pretty good) It was simply her look itself that had me dazzled. Her natural face, make up or no. It has me wanting to get to know her, to see if we would make a great couple. It's a scientific thing, the things that attract us.

So what do you guys feel about that, having a crush on a model? Actually the better question I would ask is how do you feel having a desire to date/get to know someone who chances are, you will never meet? The chances of me ever meeting and asking her out to a date aren't great I suppose. Yet that is just a challenge in itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 12:31 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Nobody should be "Out of your league."

Confidence is key.

If she says no, respect her wishes and move on.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:55 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,263 times
Based on what you've written it sounds like you might have trouble getting any woman, let alone a confident model, though I could be wrong. I don't know what you look like.

People are about competition. You need to come with the goods to get women. If you think you are not close to the ballpark, then you likely aren't. Because when you do think you are in the ballpark, you will get rejected a lot.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:01 PM

"Out of my league" would be a better description concerning the angle of my original post. Not in the sense of a person being better than the other, but the chances of me having an opportunity of getting to know her. There's a lot of barriers concerning me getting to know her. My previous crushes were classmates, people who knew me.

This feeling is kind of weird to have for someone who is more in the public eye and so forth. I'm sure there are a lot of men out there attracted to not only her, but other models in general. Yet I have a desire to ask her out on a date anyway, no matter how realistic it is. It's interesting to say the least. What about anyone else who had this feeling?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Based on what you've written it sounds like you might have trouble getting any woman, let alone a confident model, though I could be wrong. I don't know what you look like.

People are about competition. You need to come with the goods to get women. If you think you are not close to the ballpark, then you likely aren't. Because when you do think you are in the ballpark, you will get rejected a lot.

I'm pretty confident now. I believe I have average looks, and also my height and build helps. (Though I need to work on my fitness) Yet this is simply me having the desire to get to know someone who I might never meet in person. It's an intersting feeling.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I'm pretty confident now. I believe I have average looks, and also my height and build helps. (Though I need to work on my fitness) Yet this is simply me having the desire to get to know someone who I might never meet in person. It's an intersting feeling.
Ah.

Well, looks mean everything, so that's good.

Average men with average height and build can do well, but to shoot for the sky is a bit tough. Crushes like the type you describe are pretty indicative of inexperienced men so I just assumed you were.

Average men typically have to compete for the attentions of average women and that's not easy.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Do you actually know this person or is this just someone you have seen on billboards or in magazines?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:24 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Ah.

Average men with average height and build can do well, but to shoot for the sky is a bit tough. Crushes like the type you describe are pretty indicative of inexperienced men so I just assumed you were.

Average men typically have to compete for the attentions of average women and that's not easy.
Your post made me laugh for some reason, but I see what you're saying.

Okay, looks can get you in the door easily, but there is a lot more to "looks" than many people realize. How you dress, facial expression, body language, how you move, can all be a part of "looks". (After all, it is what people see).

Now, if you are out of shape, (or not quite in the best shape of your life) your chances are not that great of getting yourself in shape in time to still have an opportunity to interact with her. (Lots can happen in any given amount of time.) Of course, you may want to improve your shape.

As hard as it may sound (it sounds hard for me, believe me), just talk to her, if you really want to. If she declines, respect her. If she is nasty about it, believe me she won't look so hot anymore.

Just be respectful and be confident.

Remember, a part of confidence is knowing that you can handle disappointments (rejections, losses, etc). After all, many people will experience more disappointments in life than ... joys? One thing that is a turn off is a sore loser.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

Okay, looks can get you in the door easily, but there is a lot more to "looks" than many people realize. How you dress, facial expression, body language, how you move, can all be a part of "looks". (After all, it is what people see).

Now, if you are out of shape, (or not quite in the best shape of your life) your chances are not that great of getting yourself in shape in time to still have an opportunity to interact with her. (Lots can happen in any given amount of time.) Of course, you may want to improve your shape.
Right.

When I mention looks in my posts, I just assume those men have optimized their looks to a reasonable degree.

They have decent neat clothes, a decent haircut which is combed over decently, they don't have major skin or teeth problems and they are not unfit.

So considering that, there is a threshold that is reached. And that's how good looking you are.

When a guy says he's average, I think:

-White
-5'9" to 6'0"
-Average build
-A fairly average face

Old 01-18-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Ah.

When it comes to dating, I am definitely inexperienced. In fact, I never actually dated, though I don't think that is not uncommon for a guy my age. In spite of that, I feel bolder than before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Do you actually know this person or is this just someone you have seen on billboards or in magazines?

No, I don't know her. So you can see what I'm getting at in the chances of actually meeting her and asking her out. Yet in spite of that, I have the feeling as one who would desire to ask a classmate out on a date. It probably would never happen, but I still have that desire. Ultimately however its just that attraction. It could be that we would get on each other's nerves if we began dating, but I would like to just ask her out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Your post made me laugh for some reason, but I see what you're saying.

As hard as it may sound (it sounds hard for me, believe me), just talk to her, if you really want to. If she declines, respect her. If she is nasty about it, believe me she won't look so hot anymore.

Just be respectful and be confident.

Remember, a part of confidence is knowing that you can handle disappointments (rejections, losses, etc). After all, many people will experience more disappointments in life than ... joys? One thing that is a turn off is a sore loser.

Thanks for the advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships