Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 04:45 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I'm new to this online forum stuff. So people change their name? What is the point in doing that when its just an internet board? LOL
Their main accounts get banned, so they have to come back for more with new accounts. Then those accounts get banned, and the glorious cycle continues. It's like Lion King, except not as entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,053,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Their main accounts get banned, so they have to come back for more with new accounts. Then those accounts get banned, and the glorious cycle continues. It's like Lion King, except not as entertaining.
haha People crack me up!

Old 01-22-2014, 04:48 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,922 times
Quote:
I'm new to this online forum stuff. So people change their name? What is the point in doing that when its just an internet board? LOL
I think he got banned like a year ago and has now come back under a different name. The user brahmabull posted a photo of himself a year ago, and RideLightning sent me a pic of himself and it's the same dude...lol

Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,053,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I think he got banned like a year ago and has now come back under a different name. The user brahmabull posted a photo of himself a year ago, and RideLightning sent me a pic of himself and it's the same dude...lol
Oh gosh too funny!

Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 PM

n/a posts
Why're you airing his dirty laundry? Watch your women..lol

Old 01-22-2014, 11:40 PM

543 posts, read 534,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneWolf View Post
I guess I should go into more detail. I'm not socially challenged, conversations go OK. But I'm not
don juan or james bond, and the ones throwing themselves at me are either too old, or not attractive.
50 dates over 3 years isn't that great to me.

When I was young I was far more rebellious and had lots of friends. I did nothing and would get
girls. My personality has just changed over 10 years, and no, I don't think I'm entitled to attractive
women for not being don juan. I'm saying, relative to the men that are walking around with these women,
I'm simply not understanding how a few short-comings of mine ruin it all. I'm NOT playing the nice guy card.
I don't think I'm NICE, actually. This is something else entirely different.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:49 PM

543 posts, read 534,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
I would assume they do it in the same way that people of any other age do it. I certainly have seen no change in the methodology between when I was 15 - 25 and now 35. Nor do I see any change in procedure in those peers and people around me who are going from single to not single in their 30s.

Perhaps your error lies in actively trying to get someone. For many this does not work. Potential partners can often get the feeling of being a means to an end rather than an end in and of themselves. People can tell quickly when you are coming into an interaction with them with an agenda. And it is not attractive.

My usual advice that I have given successfully to so many people now is the best way to get a partner - is to stop trying. This worked for me in my 20s when I was single and a lazy layabout student. And it has worked for nearly all the people I have advised with it to date.

Focus instead on improving yourself and your own lot in life. Focus on the social aspects of any hobbies you do have. If you like guitar - dont sit at home learning but find a jam group. If you like learning a language - find a discussion group where other learners meet to do it. If you like computer games find social games you can play. If you like cooking then do dinner parties and get friends to invite friends.

Meeting a partner is not - in this world view of things - a destination on one of your paths in life therefore. Rather it is something that happens as an event along one of your paths in life.

My own testimony - I was single and a layabout and crap with women. I was big into live music however. So I started going on to the forums of bands and singers I like when they were about to play a gig. I would organise "pre gig meet ups" for before a show. Name a time and place - and how to recognise me - and fans of the music would therefore congregate around me. I was the social focus.

Through this I have made lasting friends who are still with me today and I am in a relationship now with not one but two girls I met with during that time - and we now live together in a happy relationship with 1 child and 1 due in a couple of months.
Ya know. I used that basic idea as kind of a mantra for my entire life. If it happened, it happened, and great if it did, because I was having fun on my way through life solo.

Too bad it was a steaming load of crap.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:00 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneWolf View Post

I just DON'T GET IT.
Your problem is you don't like sunsets, walks on the beach, and horseback riding in the woods.

[sorry]

Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Too bad it was a steaming load of crap.
For you.

Nothing works for 100% of the people 100% of the time. It not working for you does not make it = "a steaming load of crap".

Old 01-23-2014, 09:27 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,671 times
Quote:
They get a banned a lot and can't take a hint. If I got banned I would never come back to this board. I wouldn't even ask for a second chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships