Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 06:37 PM

5 posts, read 6,194 times

Advertisements

A bit about myself:

29 year old male, Good-looking (classically), college educated (went to grad school), have a good job, apartment, car, not short (5'11''), etc.

I had attractive girlfriends when I was a teenager/early twenties, and then I focused on other things like
education and career because I was just disgusted with the behavior of everyone screwing around.

I decided to come back into the dating scene 3 years ago and have really found nothing but garbage.
I've probably gone on about 50 dates and expressed interest in a few hundred total (including online).
The results: nothing. I guess my biggest short coming is I'm not that great a conversationalist if the
person is a stranger. Here is what I've tried:

-Giving my number out or social card to bartenders, waitresses, etc.
-Asking for numbers.
-Online dating.
-Asking family friends.
-Speed dating.
-Singles events.
-Volunteering.

My main problem seems to be:
a) Keeping verbal communication going well.
b) Finding normal interaction with women I'm attracted to.
c) I don't currently have serious friends (and I am not really looking for any).

Online dating is totally ridiculous and I've given up on it. The women consistently misrepresent what
they look like and seem to be looking for men better looking than themselves.

I'm getting older and I don't think I should be a male model or anything, I'm just looking for someone I find attractive for a relationship. Interestingly, most attractive women I see are with average or below-average looking men, so I know they're not into looks really anyway. I just DON'T GET IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM

113 posts, read 275,212 times
How the f*ck do you go on 50 dates without any success?

Just christ man, have some confidence. If you're going on these dates, then these women are obviously attracted to you. Be yourself and be confident and it should naturally happen

I would get a girlfriend if I got 1/10th the dates you have been getting

Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,362 times
What was the behavior of everyone "screwing around"?

What is a "social card"?

Why do you think that the world owes a socially awkward dude who can't make conversation a pretty girl?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:50 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,837 times
ITT: Brahmabull gives GlitteringPrizes advice.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:58 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
The OP is doing something wrong or he wouldn't be thinking every woman he encounters is "garbage". What's up?

Old 01-21-2014, 07:02 PM

5 posts, read 6,194 times
I guess I should go into more detail. I'm not socially challenged, conversations go OK. But I'm not
don juan or james bond, and the ones throwing themselves at me are either too old, or not attractive.
50 dates over 3 years isn't that great to me.

When I was young I was far more rebellious and had lots of friends. I did nothing and would get
girls. My personality has just changed over 10 years, and no, I don't think I'm entitled to attractive
women for not being don juan. I'm saying, relative to the men that are walking around with these women,
I'm simply not understanding how a few short-comings of mine ruin it all. I'm NOT playing the nice guy card.
I don't think I'm NICE, actually. This is something else entirely different.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:04 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,362 times
Perhaps your tendency towards obsession on internet message boards is off-putting to women?

Do you have trouble sticking to one name in the real world?

Old 01-21-2014, 07:13 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideLightning View Post
I would get a girlfriend if I got 1/10th the dates you have been getting
Don't be so sure.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:15 PM

113 posts, read 275,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Don't be so sure.

I went on 2 dates last year, slept with both women on 1st date (not that I tried to make it happen that way, it just did thanks to some alcohol)

I tried to give it a chance but I just didn't find either one all that attractive so I ended it

Old 01-21-2014, 07:16 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,736 times
I don't get what's the question?, like you can't get the girls you are attracted too?, maybe you are over valuing youself and should go for the 6-8 instead of shooting for the 10?

At 29 it's going to get harder and harder as you age to meet girls who are in a similar situation as yourself, eventually you are going to have to settle on something whether it be looks to get someone with the same education as you or wage level, etc..I'm 31 soon to be 32 and I'm dating someone who might not be the hottest I've dated but shes 29, educated, teacher, kind, good with kids, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships