Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:45 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,620,323 times

Advertisements

I want to show my boyfriend I love and support him. Guys, what are some sweet gestures your SO has done to make you feel loved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 11:53 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
I arrived home from work one Friday night to find my suitcase packed and my wife ready to go somewhere. We drove to Pittsburgh and stayed at the Marriot for two nights. On the second night we went and enjoyed a Pens vs. Leafs game.
What a great surprise and what a great wife I have!

Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,798 times
For me, its always the little sweet things she does that makes me feel loved. Like:

Surprising me by bringing home a 6 pack of my favorite beer.
Kissing me in the middle of the night.
Tagging me in a sweet message on her wall on FB.
Smacking me on the a$$ and saying "sexy".
Cutting my hair.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Originally posted by Breeinmo

Quote:
This Guy Traveled The Country In A Pink Tutu Just To Make His Wife Laugh During Chemo

His wife has cancer, and he takes funny pictures of himself in a pink tutu all over the Country. What a sweetheart. Pictures are on the link if you want to see him.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ands-ever.html

Old 01-24-2014, 12:04 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,593 times
My 1st wife used to write notes and cards to me all the time with sweet little nothings. When she passed away, I REALLY appreciated my little collection of love from her.
She would sit and watch boxing with me, even though she didn't really enjoy it.
She allowed me to go out on Friday nights to play poker and NEVER gave me a hard time about what time I came home. After a couple years, we upgraded our house, and she bought me a poker table and poker night was moved to our house. It is the best gift I have ever been given to this day!
She found a comic Superman vs. Shazam, that I really enjoyed as a kid, and gave it to me as a birthday gift.
When I would get migraines, she learned the pressure points on the foot and would give me a foot massage that relieved the worst of the pain.
We would talk every morning at 9:30 for about 20 minutes. She worked 3rd shift, but this became our time to shut out the world and stay connected.

Very cool thread!

Old 01-24-2014, 12:16 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,124 times
How do you want him to show you that he loves and appreciates you?

What does he like?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Showing up with food probably has the best reward-investment ratio of all the things you can do. I distinctly remember every time a woman has ever shown up at my place with ribs, a pizza, etc. As do surprise sexual acts. No need for more detail here...ladies, you know your guy better than I do.

Massages.

I also got the "surprise trip + baseball tickets" treatment, and it was AWESOME.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:44 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times
--Frequent loving, tender words and lots of open verbal affection
--Lots of "ILY's"
--The use of terms of endearment and other spoken forms of loving expression

have all been ways that I have felt loved and cared for by someone special, in the past

Old 01-24-2014, 12:57 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,864 times
As you can see from the responses, everyone is an individual and feels loved in different ways. Look at the responses:

Physical Touch
Quality Time
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation
Gifts

Most people have a dominant way of feeling loved and fit into 1-2 of these categories. Give your BF a gift that fits into the category that will make him feel loved.

By the way, if you aren't familiar with it, the book about The Five Love Languages is a quick read and well worth it in my opinion.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:06 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
As you can see from the responses, everyone is an individual and feels loved in different ways. Look at the responses:

Physical Touch
Quality Time
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation
Gifts

Most people have a dominant way of feeling loved and fit into 1-2 of these categories. Give your BF a gift that fits into the category that will make him feel loved.

By the way, if you aren't familiar with it, the book about The Five Love Languages is a quick read and well worth it in my opinion.
Sounds like a nice idea but I don't buy it at all. I am familiar with this since I did the online test once. Too pigeonholing.

Anyway, it is nice to read these stories! I was worried some people would troll this question but it hasn't (yet) happened
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships