Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 02:14 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Yes that's exactly what all the guys were doing. I checked their eyes, it moved up and down for a good 3 seconds.

You don't consider that leering?

Granted I was laughing because it basically confirmed all guys are like me.

I don't know if city data ladies are beautiful or not...but next time, you should try walking behind a super hot girl at a mall who is wearing high heels and a skirt. Look at the guys. they would all take a good look up and down her body if they were single. If they are with their girlfriends/wives, they would look but be way more discreet.
I'm laughing here because my ex husband once noticed a dude checking me out in an aisle at Barnes and Noble and it was like he'd never noticed this before (I was pregnant for much of the first few years of our marriage, and at this point all the baby weight was off and I was back to fighting form).

He mentioned it like it was scandalous... I hadn't noticed the dude scoping me out because I didn't have time for all that nonsense and was looking for a book.

I just laughed... yeah... I've been stared at plenty... and if I caught someone doing it and he didn't avert his eyes? I shot him a nasty look unless he was able to open his mouth and speak to me with some degree of wit and intelligence.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:15 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I don't have a relationship with my mom or sister.
Are there any women you are friendly with? Do you simply not like them? This is something I find it hard to understand. How can you go through life without being close to a single relative or other person of the opposite sex? I seems like a deliberate act rather than an accident of circumstance.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Did she just call you gay?

Lol......damn.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM

339 posts, read 379,734 times
This is one of the longest strings of terrible advice I've seen being dished out by the women of CD-R in quite some time.

Mtnborn....don't listen to ANY of this.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
The bolded would be bad enough to make me not want to approach any woman ever again, if I wasn't already in that position. May be off topic, but where do these women get off?
I am telling you that a man who is staring has to accept that he might get the eye roll.

A guy who casually glances? Not so likely. A woman might talk to her friends about a guy they saw while they were out and it's all girl talk... hell, dudes do that same thing... hence the dude favorite "butterface."

Let's be serious here.

Doesn't mean that polite people will do that in front of the person in question or within their earshot.

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times
@meh_whatever*

Your quote: It's because he's staring at someone who clearly doesn't want to be stared at... THAT IS CREEPY: end quote.

I believe you made my point, When you make social rules or laws that leave it up to a person to decide what is ok or not is running into trouble, obviously if a girl doesn't want a guy staring at her that behavior is not ok, but the same behavior should also not be ok for anyone, even the cute guy she wants attention from. Which isn't your agrument, unless im misunderstanding you?

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
This is one of the longest strings of terrible advice I've seen being dished out by the women of CD-R in quite some time.

Mtnborn....don't listen to ANY of this.
Hey!

Old 01-27-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
It's dumb to you, but if a woman doesn't want to date me or rejects me, why would I want to be her friend? Answer that for me.

Because you like having human beings for friends?

I can dig that you might not want to be buddies with a chick who rejected you, but have you never met a woman you didn't particularly have interest in dating, but she still seemed like a nice person? Because those are the chicks you should be friends with, man.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 PM

322 posts, read 504,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Awww come on!

He can call you mama #2. Lol

I agree with the friends first.
Friends first will get you friendzoned.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 PM

663 posts, read 777,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I'm laughing here because my ex husband once noticed a dude checking me out in an aisle at Barnes and Noble and it was like he'd never noticed this before (I was pregnant for much of the first few years of our marriage, and at this point all the baby weight was off and I was back to fighting form).

He mentioned it like it was scandalous... I hadn't noticed the dude scoping me out because I didn't have time for all that nonsense and was looking for a book.

I just laughed... yeah... I've been stared at plenty... and if I caught someone doing it and he didn't avert his eyes? I shot him a nasty look unless he was able to open his mouth and speak to me with some degree of wit and intelligence.
Yes so if leering is creepy...well then all guys are creepy. All guys have leered at some time or another.

And if all guys are creepy and women dislike creepy men....then....I dunno what to say lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.