Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 03:48 PM

322 posts, read 504,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's something else about you that repulses women, not your appearance. I have never once called a man ugly to his face. In fact I don't think people are truly ugly unless they are also cruel and selfish. And I am sure I am not the only woman who feels this way.

Don't act like a martyr. No, things are not easy for unattractive men OR WOMEN (why do you think stuff is so much easier for unattractive women?), but laying down and giving up isn't the solution.

You say you aren't bitter? That's a lie. It is truly unbelievable how many whiny and bitter men this thread has attracted, and so many other people are feeding into it. I'm out of here.
Bye Felicia

Old 01-27-2014, 04:03 PM

377 posts, read 619,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
What a sad truth this is though.
Indeed, but the truth will set you free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The manipulative narcissists don't even have to be good-looking. All they have to do is be charming.
I disagree. An unattractive man trying to be charismatic looks like a fool, and will be torn a new one by most women. The only ugly men who are spared the apparent scorn of women are the "friend-zoned" ones.

The best option for most ugly men is to give up on dating and draw happiness from the other plentiful avenues of life, otherwise they will lead a life of depression and misery.

Quote:
But in exchange for all the women they may wallow in, all they have to show for it is a string of broken relationships.
That is still preferable to the zero relationships that the kind ugly men will experience.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:09 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
I disagree. An unattractive man trying to be charismatic looks like a fool, and will be torn a new one by most women.
Not if he's good at it! Not if it comes naturally, so it looks like he's not trying, but like it's genuine. That's the trick--it's got to look natural and be subtle. Or it's about being able to make women laugh, and then giving them attention. I've seen guys like that clean up! They have women eating out of the palm of their hand.

Part of the definition of a narcissist is someone who's convincingly charming. He's convincingly charming no matter what he looks like.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-27-2014 at 04:49 PM..

Old 01-27-2014, 04:17 PM

377 posts, read 619,953 times
Quote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's something else about you that repulses women, not your appearance. I have never once called a man ugly to his face. In fact I don't think people are truly ugly unless they are also cruel and selfish. And I am sure I am not the only woman who feels this way.
That would be very convenient for you to believe and I wish it were true, but no, it really is my appearance that repulses women. I rarely, if ever, speak in public and most of the time I try to go about my own business. Despite that, I can easily see the disgust in women as they walk by or happen to glance at me by accident.

But, of course, I'm sure you're going to counter that it's not my appearance that's responsible for this, but some invisible field I seem to be emitting that permeates all of space and only women can detect it and it causes them to feel disgusted. That's definitely a more simpler and logical explanation of what is going on than them simply being repulsed by my looks.

Quote:
Don't act like a martyr. No, things are not easy for unattractive men OR WOMEN (why do you think stuff is so much easier for unattractive women?), but laying down and giving up isn't the solution.
Unattractive women always have a number of men that finds them attractive. This is why I've seen in public unattractive women with average looking men and even good looking men at times, but I've never seen attractive women with ugly man and I don't believe such pairings exist in nature.

This is simply because men tend to be a lot more varied in the women they find attractive, while women all tend to be uniform in the men they find attractive. It's a lot more difficult for men to unanimously agree that a given woman is completely unattractive, while there are plenty of men that women can all agree are unattractive.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:51 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,370,836 times
I'll call an ugly man, creepy. If he's persistent, and not taking the graceful social ques that I am not interested. Because chances are, if he's ugly OR creepy, he's probably socially awkward, and won't take the hint that someone else would, that deals with a broader aspect ratio of success to rejection on a daily basis.

Last edited by Marylandkitten; 01-27-2014 at 05:22 PM..

Old 01-27-2014, 04:59 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,721 times
There has to be something about a man's countenance to make me get the creeps and want to get out of dodge. Its rarely happened to me, but that might be because I'm cautious about where I go alone. I live my life but I'm not stoooopid about how I live it.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:08 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
That would be very convenient for you to believe and I wish it were true, but no, it really is my appearance that repulses women. I rarely, if ever, speak in public and most of the time I try to go about my own business. Despite that, I can easily see the disgust in women as they walk by or happen to glance at me by accident.

But, of course, I'm sure you're going to counter that it's not my appearance that's responsible for this, but some invisible field I seem to be emitting that permeates all of space and only women can detect it and it causes them to feel disgusted. That's definitely a more simpler and logical explanation of what is going on than them simply being repulsed by my looks.

Unattractive women always have a number of men that finds them attractive. This is why I've seen in public unattractive women with average looking men and even good looking men at times, but I've never seen attractive women with ugly man and I don't believe such pairings exist in nature.

This is simply because men tend to be a lot more varied in the women they find attractive, while women all tend to be uniform in the men they find attractive. It's a lot more difficult for men to unanimously agree that a given woman is completely unattractive, while there are plenty of men that women can all agree are unattractive.
I agree the few times ive approached women they roll their eyes and have that how dare you enter my airspace look..

I dont know why people think men on here are making this up when we are actually going through it..If people want to be pollyana on here and act like there arent a decent portion of women out there cruel towards unattractive men and extremely shallow then i dont know what to tell you..

How i get treated by women as opposed to my very good looking friend is night and day..and its not personality because most people who know me love me and alot of people say my good looking friends arrogant but when youre good looking you get away with a whole lot more..

Old 01-27-2014, 05:26 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
Friends first will get you friendzoned.
Not necessarily. My current BF was a friend for a few years before we started dating. I've dated 2 other guys in the past who were friends first, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I disagree. You can think a dude is pretty homely, then get to know him and find he's charming, funny, intelligent... can really raise him in a woman's estimation.

Not saying this will happen all the time, but I know that it has happened to me... more than once.
Yup! That's happened to me before, many times! I've even had it happen over the course of an evening or an afternoon.... Meet a guy, think I'm not that into him because he doesn't look like my hypothetical ideal, spend a bit of time with him/get to see his personality and wit and intelligence and start falling for him.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:29 PM

322 posts, read 504,336 times
Quote:
Not if he's good at it! Not if it comes naturally, so it looks like he's not trying, but like it's genuine. That's the trick--it's got to look natural and be subtle. Or it's about being able to make women laugh, and then giving them attention. I've seen guys like that clean up! They have women eating out of the palm of their hand.

Part of the definition of a narcissist is someone who's convincingly charming. He's convincingly charming no matter what he looks like.
I've met many men like this. I have no idea how they do what they do.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
No matter how wrong you believe it is or how "noble" of a man you are, none of that matters to women in the real world. The manipulative but good looking narcissist will always be more attractive to women than a kind but ugly man. Sad but true.

To "some" women.

I really dislike universal statements because they are misleading.

There are many women who cannot stand a manipulator, nor a narcissist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.