Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What libido do you prefer from your partner?
Very strong, lust is always on top of everything else, 6-7 times per week. 17 20.99%
Strong, with a little time for other things, 4-5 times per week. 29 35.80%
Average, 2-3 times per week. 25 30.86%
Lower than average, 1 time per week. 2 2.47%
Low, 1-2 times per month. 1 1.23%
Very low, 1-6 times per year. 3 3.70%
Nonexistant, 0 times per year 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 05:06 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
From your own link: tribadism. If that doesn't count in your opinion, then I wish you wouldn't use such disingenuous phrasing as "generally defined."
Tribadism is the dry sex/dry humping I was talking about and it's not a disingenuous phrase as despite it being common most researchers/textbooks that I've known/read don't use it in general definition of female homosexual sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 05:19 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Egh no. I'm just not an emotional person excluding issues relating to children/animals so it generally takes extremes to get to me such as pain.
So, it is innate or learned or a combination? Children/animals, so you do have some empathy, just not towards adults and specifically men?

Old 02-03-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, it is innate or learned or a combination? Children/animals, so you do have some empathy, just not towards adults and specifically men?
Possibly a combination the innate bit depending on my parents reliability in recalling my earlier childhood years of being a very precise non emotional child and the learned bit coming from my experiences/observations and research (psychology/sociology) of adult behavior specifically male behavior as it seems male is the general default for most things (seemingly common male mindsets, touted sexual double standards, blame shifting attitude for physical/sexual crimes, and how it's seemingly a norm for a derogatory insult to used interchangeably for the general female population).

I have quite a lot of empathy, compassion, and sympathy just not towards adults...unsure how you seemingly got that it's specifically not for guys. Though I guess I do display more ridicule towards gals and more indifference towards guys however the empathy levels to me are the same.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:48 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Tribadism is the dry sex/dry humping I was talking about and it's not a disingenuous phrase as despite it being common most researchers/textbooks that I've known/read don't use it in general definition of female homosexual sex.

This doesn't even make sense. I do not often critique punctuation issues, but in this case poor punctuation is standing in between you and making a clear argument. A lot of your posts have been like this. I think it's a good conversation, but it's a challenge to decipher a lot of run on sentences.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

This doesn't even make sense. I do not often critique punctuation issues, but in this case poor punctuation is standing in between you and making a clear argument. A lot of your posts have been like this. I think it's a good conversation, but it's a challenge to decipher a lot of run on sentences.
I would have imagined that not clarifying what is 'it' would have been the issue not but punctuation. Not seeing how reading my posts can be such a challenge especially when one looks at the post I'm responding to however here's clarification:
Tribadism is the dry sex/dry humping I was talking about. My use of 'generally defined' isn't a disingenuous phrase as despite tribadism being common most researchers/textbooks that I've known/read don't use tribadism in general definition of female homosexual sex.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:40 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,807,558 times
I'm with iknowftbll on this one udolipixie. Just remember, commas are your friend and will help make your meaning much more clear.

About the children and animals thing--if I remember correctly, you stated in an earlier post on another thread that your concern for children and animals is strictly based on what's legal. So it doesn't sound like you have much empathy there either. Well if you don't, you just don't I guess. I would guess it's the way you're made so I won't be mean about it.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I'm with iknowftbll on this one udolipixie. Just remember, commas are your friend and will help make your meaning much more clear.

About the children and animals thing--if I remember correctly, you stated in an earlier post on another thread that your concern for children and animals is strictly based on what's legal. So it doesn't sound like you have much empathy there either. Well if you don't, you just don't I guess. I would guess it's the way you're made so I won't be mean about it.
I don't think much will help make my meaning much more clear to you as you seem to project your own meaning. Such as when you deemed I pretty much hate men because when I get stupid and insulting pickup lines I 'make a scene' by humiliating the guy.

You haven't remembered correctly. Though that's unsurprising.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:04 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:

Quite apart from your poor use of grammar, your snide remarks to other posters don't help your cause one bit. You're just plain old rude to people...then you wonder why people get snippy with you.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Quite apart from your poor use of grammar, your snide remarks to other posters don't help your cause one bit. You're just plain old rude to people...then you wonder why people get snippy with you.
I'm not 'plain old rude' to people. I'm 'plain old rude' to people who make unsupported slights and repeated insults towards me such as stepka. My posts have shown my 'snide remarks' are quite selective.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:27 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,807,558 times
Quote:
I don't think much will help make my meaning much more clear to you as you seem to project your own meaning. Such as when you deemed I pretty much hate men because when I get stupid and insulting pickup lines I 'make a scene' by humiliating the guy.

No udoli, I have not based my opinion on one post alone--I've read quite a few of your posts from months back and your attitude screams thru loud and clear. I could go back and collect the "evidence" but it doesn't seem worth the effort to me so I'll just go back to one example that you seem to remember so well. We were discussing the size of men's equipment awhile back and you were ridiculing me for defending them, but I'm a firm believer that one should not be mean to someone b/c of an issue that they have no control over and just b/c it was a disappointment to you, does not mean that it would be to everyone else, yet you could scar a guy for life with your attitude. I simply cannot imagine one other thing in a man's life that he would be more sensitive about, yet you were laughing on here about being mean to them about the size of their genitals. That is not very nice at all.

But you may be right--maybe you don't hate men--maybe you don't hate anyone. Maybe you just don't have any feelings at all for people and seek entertainment in hurting them. People lacking in empathy often do things like that for kicks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships