Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:25 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I figured I would ask this and see what you all thought. It seems as if shyness is looked down upon by not just women but society as a whole. But I don't get the big deal. If a man is shy, what's wrong with that? Let him be him. If you try to make him change, he will hate you for it and resent you. If everyone were outgoing, this world would be boring. I have met many men who were shy and never got a girlfriend or wife. It's sad and I don't think these guys can change. What do you think?
Being a shy man is bad. Really bad.

I have in my days met some good looking men who are shy and women like them anyway, but a lot back off after they see how shy they are.

Bolded.

This world is about what you can give people. If you can't entertain them, then someone else will. Especially with women.

In general, most people who are shy (men & women) break out of their shell by their early to mid 30s. You probably will too. At that point it won't be a concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 12:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
I'm shy but my boyfriend is even shyer so it was difficult. I made the first move.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:37 AM

639 posts, read 678,387 times
Well, most women are proud of their bodies.. they tend to love their bodies the way it is. Men, on the other hand, always have a sort of hesitation, especially when they have to show their private parts!

Old 03-17-2014, 07:44 PM

2 posts, read 7,854 times
Post Shy Guys

I am an attractive woman in my forties who has never had a problem finding a date...and all I can say is that, there is something to be said for a guy who isn't necessarily full of machismo. I married the highly assertive type, and it didn't work out because he always thought of himself and believed that his ideas were always best. After over 10 years (albeit some of them very wonderful), I had enough of being dominated emotionally. I am now dating a professional guy who is in his forties and has very little dating experience. He simply isn't comfortable with dating or with being around women in a dating context. He's definitely emotionally scarred from all the hurt, rejections and anxieties over the years. On our first date, he broke out in a cold sweat and was so embarrassed he had to get up and leave the table. I've known this guy as a friend for almost a year, but the idea of being with me on a date sent him into overdrive. But I really liked him, so I didn't give up on him or judge him. After a couple more dates, he started to relax a bit. Now, he's a different man around me. Showing more and more of his real self. And he's worth the effort ladies because he is kind, funny, smart, honest, respectful, thoughtful, nuturing...and so sweet he's almost innocent. He would do anything to please me. I would never hurt this guy, he's such a find. It's like picking up a plain-looking stone, turning it over and finding the quartz sparkling on the other side. And it only happened because I approached him first. Society needs to grow up and stop teaching little boys that they have to "man-up" and fit this contrived criteria of how men should be and how they should feel. And women need to stop seeking out that stereotypical,feather puffing male and start looking at the "nice" guys of the world who never seem to get noticed because they don't play the "game". Too many really great guys left in the dust.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 7,854 times
Men and woman can be equally shy about their bodies. I think men's bodies are beautiful, exactly as their creator intended. It's about the way you treat someone when they make themselves so vulnerable to you. Kindness and love, everyone deserves it in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships