Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 10:37 AM

7,954 posts, read 8,239,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
You're one of those last word types?
Well that's an ironic statement. Let's mutually agree to hang up in three, two, one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 10:43 AM

12,994 posts, read 9,728,201 times
Can we all just get along, its not that serious.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 PM

377 posts, read 621,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianoluizo22 View Post
I know confidence, personality, money, status, and all of those things matter but I am talking about just looks.
Actually, they don't. It is all about looks.

Quote:
Like I have friends who are good looking guys, one of my friends looks like actor Danny Pino (exactly like him) and he has never been approached by girls or told he is hot.
Google shows a picture of a man named Danny Pino who's only above average at best. It's easy to see why he isn't being approached or being called "hot".

Quote:
Then I see girls saying a guy is hot when he doesn't have any classically handsome features that make a man attractive.
Simply put, no you haven't.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This may be difficult to get your mind around, but women are all individuals, and have individual tastes. One person's troll can be another's dreamboat. Trying to predict them is kind of like trying to herd cats. It can't be done.
Cliches that have been debunked many times over are hardly convincing. Preferences exist, yes, but they don't vary nearly as widely as this cliche would suggest. While people may prefer have different preferences on their meat choices, there are practically no people who would prefer to eat cooked rattlesnake.

The fact of the matter is, there does exist a universal standard that either appeals or repulses the vast majority of the opposite sex. While people may have different preferences on height, eye color, skin color, hair color, and other secondary features, almost no one finds a person with no jaw and an extremely recessed chin to be attractive.

Last edited by Astute; 02-06-2014 at 07:11 PM..

Old 02-06-2014, 07:46 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,857,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Cliches that have been debunked many times over are hardly convincing. Preferences exist, yes, but they don't vary nearly as widely as this cliche would suggest. While people may prefer have different preferences on their meat choices, there are practically no people who would prefer to eat cooked rattlesnake.

The fact of the matter is, there does exist a universal standard that either appeals or repulses the vast majority of the opposite sex. While people may have different preferences on height, eye color, skin color, hair color, and other secondary features, almost no one finds a person with no jaw and an extremely recessed chin to be attractive.
It is true.

To be honest, it has kind of shocked me how rigid it is. I mean, I'm thinking about one of my friends who is pretty average looking. He's a minority.

I would assume that most women would not find him hot. But if you told me 20 years ago that no/zero/zilch women would find him hot in a purely physical way, I wouldn't have believed it. But it's true.

Physical attraction is very, very predictable.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:26 PM

184 posts, read 168,972 times
Quote:
As someone of average height...maybe 3 inch difference between me and you. I have never found taller girls attractive...with their long lanky arms and body...do not want!!!

I like girls 3 inches shorter and below so when they wear heels they are either my height or smaller. It just so happens I am attracted to women that are the perfect size for me.

Also when I go to the gym I can get ripped quicker than taller guys.

I know girls that have dated shorter guys and while they weren't thrilled about it first they didn't care later on. This is my point guys it really is all in your attitude and your personality. Your ego keeps blaming your failures on your physical attributes that you cannot change. Nothing but scapegoating! Truth is you keep failing with women because you are boring, having nothing to offer, don't have confidence, and all in all a ****ty personality.
I used to argue this point. But I've come to agree that height is the most important physical attribute (and oftentimes the most important attribute overall). Most women will automatically reject a man that his her height or shorter, regardless of anything else about him.

Unfortunate, attitude, personality, and even good looks won't change that. It is what it is though.

As I said, I'm a short guy that gets girls, but I still know my limitations very acutely. It's one of the reasons that I date mostly foreign women. Height is less important in other cultures than it is in the west. So I have more options.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:35 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,050,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
I used to argue this point. But I've come to agree that height is the most important physical attribute (and oftentimes the most important attribute overall). Most women will automatically reject a man that his her height or shorter, regardless of anything else about him.

Unfortunate, attitude, personality, and even good looks won't change that. It is what it is though.

As I said, I'm a short guy that gets girls, but I still know my limitations very acutely. It's one of the reasons that I date mostly foreign women. Height is less important in other cultures than it is in the west. So I have more options.
How short are you? The ones taller than me I am not attracted to anyway.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Physical attraction is very, very predictable.
Exactly. This is why arguments such as "everybody is attractive to somebody" or "attraction is subjective" are simply inconsistent with reality.

We even understand the scientific reasons for why women all seem to be attracted to a small handful of men. So, obviously this phenomenon is real and it stands to reason that beauty is, in fact, not subjective to at least a certain degree.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:42 PM

184 posts, read 168,972 times
Quote:
How short are you? The ones taller than me I am not attracted to anyway.
5'6. I've learned to date girls taller than me because you really have to be okay with doing things out of the norm when you are outside of the norm yourself. In the US, there is heavy dating discrimination against short guys (more than other races except maybe Asian men).

Still though, foreign girls are where it's at for shorter guys. They have less bias against short guys, on average (of course, this is not true of ALL foreign women from ALL foreign countries).

I've heard non-short men and women say that what I've said isn't true, but the fact of the matter is that they don't really understand because they haven't experienced it.

It is what it is though. There is more to life than women and some people are just genetically unlucky.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:43 PM

102,330 posts, read 108,547,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post

Well, there you go. You just made the point that there is no single standard. The OP is asking a question that has no answer.

btw, you'd be surprised how many men with recessed chins are happily married. If you're talking about extremes, then yes. But there's a huge spectrum between something that might be considered borderline deformed and whatever modeling agencies consider to be perfection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships